Windows 10: Multiple windows 10 copies. Solved

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

  1. Posts : 9
    windows 7 windows 10
       17 Apr 2016 #1

    Multiple windows 10 copies.


    So now Windows 10 is linked to my hardware and no license key is required. So I can install windows 10 as many times as I want on the one machine in a dual boot environment?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 7
    Windows 10
       17 Apr 2016 #2

    slingsrat said: View Post
    So now Windows 10 is linked to my hardware and no license key is required. So I can install windows 10 as many times as I want on the one machine in a dual boot environment?
    Technically yes
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    17 Apr 2016 #3

    slingsrat said: View Post
    So now Windows 10 is linked to my hardware and no license key is required. So I can install windows 10 as many times as I want on the one machine in a dual boot environment?
    Not really.. it would be a violation of the EUA to run both 7 and 10 at the same time. You would have to have a unique key for 10 to run both in a dual boot configuration.
    EAU = End users agreement..
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 7
    Windows 10
       17 Apr 2016 #4

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    Not really.. it would be a violation of the EUA to run both 7 and 10 at the same time. You would have to have a unique key for 10 to run both in a dual boot configuration.
    EAU = End users agreement..
    I see no mention of 7
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    17 Apr 2016 #5

    Bumper said: View Post
    I see no mention of 7
    He has both 7 and 10 listed in the OS's he uses.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	33 
Size:	4.2 KB 
ID:	75353
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 9
    windows 7 windows 10
    Thread Starter
       17 Apr 2016 #6

    Yes, I am talking about multiple copies of windows 10 on a single machine. The activation servers don't check for an already installed windows 10 copy?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    17 Apr 2016 #7

    slingsrat said: View Post
    Yes, I am talking about multiple copies of windows 10 on a single machine. The activation servers don't check for an already installed windows 10 copy?
    If you have separate legitimate keys there would be no issue.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 9
    windows 7 windows 10
    Thread Starter
       17 Apr 2016 #8

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    If you have separate legitimate keys there would be no issue.
    There are no keys for windows 10
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 7
    Windows 10
       17 Apr 2016 #9

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    He has both 7 and 10 listed in the OS's he uses.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	33 
Size:	4.2 KB 
ID:	75353
    So what, the question has nothing to do with 7 or the legalities, it has to do with if he can with 10, I suggest you read the question, although why anyone would want more than one copy of 10 is beyond me. I doubt MS will be sending out a helicopter and a sniper because he has more than one copy as a duel boot.

    Regards Sir
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    17 Apr 2016 #10

    slingsrat said: View Post
    There are no keys for windows 10
    That would mean your using the key from an upgrade.
    When you install/upgrade to 10 you need a valid key from either 8 or 7.1 to be there on the PC. Or to do a clean instillation you need a key to accomplish this.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Related Threads
Hi there This has me puzzled I have upgraded to windows 10 from my OEM windows 7, now that went okay, and I understand that I now have Windows10 activated on this machine with a continuation of the OEM licence. I have a Windows7 retail...
watching short video when pc froze. baud rate > 25Mbps; checked task manager and found 13 entries for Win Asst Tech, over 20 LibreOffice, 8 libreoffice writer, there were many apps . All copies used negligible cpu and memory. Just froze up again and...
Using Outlook 2016, Windows 10. In the last few days, I've started getting multiple copies of the same email. Not all emails, but most. Some, just two or three. Others, up to a dozen of the same email. I've got four accounts at two different servers...
Dual boot 2 copies of Windows 10 in Installation and Upgrade
Hi, Is it possible to dual boot 2 copies of Windows 10? I wanted to use one for daily use and one to test insider builds. Will there be any issues with activation if I run two different editions of Windows 10 on one PC. I have a full retail...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57.
Find Us