Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
  1.    11 Feb 2015 #1
    Join Date : Mar 2014
    South Carolina, USA
    Posts : 17,188
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

    Swage 2 Headphones. Crappy Sound


    Hi folks,

    I ordered a pair of Swage 2 headphones a little while ago and I just got my Bluetooth adapter for my PC. Before today, I've been using the headphones with my iPad and everything was great! Sound was perfect!

    Now I'm on my PC, with Windows 8/ 8.1 drivers, and the sound is really crappy! It's far away and crackly.

    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

    -Chuck
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    11 Feb 2015 #2
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,660
    Win 10 Pro x64

    If the headphone is working fine with the iPad, my best guess is signal interference. Is your PC's internet wired or wireless? Or do you have any wireless device close by?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    11 Feb 2015 #3
    Join Date : Mar 2014
    South Carolina, USA
    Posts : 17,188
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Well, I'm accessing the internet through my wifi adapter. So wireless.

    There are multiple iPads in the house and my dad's Nexus which is almost always powered down.

    Like I said earlier, it works perfectly on my iPad.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    11 Feb 2015 #4
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,660
    Win 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck38 View Post
    Well, I'm accessing the internet through my wifi adapter. So wireless.

    There are multiple iPads in the house and my dad's Nexus which is almost always powered down.

    Like I said earlier, it works perfectly on my iPad.




    The signal between the bluetooth adapter and your wifi adapter are probably not agreeing with each other. You can try unplugging the wifi adapter for a while and play a music on your PC through your bluetooth. If the problem still persists, the next thing to look at is the bluetooth driver. What is the bluetooth specs of your headset and the adapter? Are they matched?



    (edited: signal between bluetooth and wifi adapter not "between bluetooth and headset". Sorry for confusion.)
    Last edited by badrobot; 11 Feb 2015 at 20:54.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    11 Feb 2015 #5
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Carencro, LA 70520
    Posts : 8,462
    Mint 18.3

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck38 View Post
    Hi folks,

    I ordered a pair of Swage 2 headphones a little while ago and I just got my Bluetooth adapter for my PC. Before today, I've been using the headphones with my iPad and everything was great! Sound was perfect!

    Now I'm on my PC, with Windows 8/ 8.1 drivers, and the sound is really crappy! It's far away and crackly.

    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

    -Chuck
    Could also be a conflick with your cordless mouse.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    11 Feb 2015 #6
    Join Date : Mar 2014
    South Carolina, USA
    Posts : 17,188
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by badrobot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck38 View Post
    Well, I'm accessing the internet through my wifi adapter. So wireless.

    There are multiple iPads in the house and my dad's Nexus which is almost always powered down.

    Like I said earlier, it works perfectly on my iPad.




    The signal between the bluetooth adapter and your wifi adapter are probably not agreeing with each other. You can try unplugging the wifi adapter for a while and play a music on your PC through your bluetooth. If the problem still persists, the next thing to look at is the bluetooth driver. What is the bluetooth specs of your headset and the adapter? Are they matched?



    (edited: signal between bluetooth and wifi adapter not "between bluetooth and headset". Sorry for confusion.)
    I removed the Wifi adapter and the sound was still really bad. I installed the Windows 8/ 8.1 driver from here. Once you are there, scroll down to 'Computer Peripherals', I'm using the 'BTD-300'. There are no drivers for the headset it's self.

    You can find the headphones here.

    Yes, the headset and adapter are paired. (If that's what you mean by 'Matched')
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    11 Feb 2015 #7
    Join Date : Mar 2014
    South Carolina, USA
    Posts : 17,188
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by labeeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck38 View Post
    Hi folks,

    I ordered a pair of Swage 2 headphones a little while ago and I just got my Bluetooth adapter for my PC. Before today, I've been using the headphones with my iPad and everything was great! Sound was perfect!

    Now I'm on my PC, with Windows 8/ 8.1 drivers, and the sound is really crappy! It's far away and crackly.

    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

    -Chuck
    Could also be a conflick with your cordless mouse.
    Nope. I just unplugged my wireless mouse and plugged in my wired one and the sound was still trashy.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    11 Feb 2015 #8
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Carencro, LA 70520
    Posts : 8,462
    Mint 18.3

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck38 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by labeeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck38 View Post
    Hi folks,

    I ordered a pair of Swage 2 headphones a little while ago and I just got my Bluetooth adapter for my PC. Before today, I've been using the headphones with my iPad and everything was great! Sound was perfect!

    Now I'm on my PC, with Windows 8/ 8.1 drivers, and the sound is really crappy! It's far away and crackly.

    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

    -Chuck
    Could also be a conflick with your cordless mouse.
    Nope. I just unplugged my wireless mouse and plugged in my wired one and the sound was still trashy.
    Sounds like you may need a RMA number.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    11 Feb 2015 #9
    Join Date : Mar 2014
    South Carolina, USA
    Posts : 17,188
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by labeeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck38 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by labeeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck38 View Post
    Hi folks,

    I ordered a pair of Swage 2 headphones a little while ago and I just got my Bluetooth adapter for my PC. Before today, I've been using the headphones with my iPad and everything was great! Sound was perfect!

    Now I'm on my PC, with Windows 8/ 8.1 drivers, and the sound is really crappy! It's far away and crackly.

    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

    -Chuck
    Could also be a conflick with your cordless mouse.
    Nope. I just unplugged my wireless mouse and plugged in my wired one and the sound was still trashy.
    Sounds like you may need a RMA number.
    But they work just fine on my iPad! I don't understand why they sound so bad on my PC.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    11 Feb 2015 #10
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Carencro, LA 70520
    Posts : 8,462
    Mint 18.3

    Crappy drivers.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved No sound from sound blaster
I just installed the most recent windows 10 tech preview last night; but my sound blaster pci express sound card did not get installed correctly or something because i am getting no sound at all. Please help me fix this before I roll everything back...
Drivers and Hardware
No Sound
Build 10074, after yesterday's update, sound not working. Also videos are very slow, was fine before. Gave feedback about this. Any help?
Drivers and Hardware
No Sound
Upgraded to Windows 10 this morning and now I'm getting no sound. I have tried a repair install of the 8.1 drivers (10 drivers aren't due until 16th).
Drivers and Hardware
W10 caused sound to not work, now sound card no longer recognized
When I first went from W8.1 to W10, everything worked except the sound. Now after several updates, the icon speaker in task bar has an x by it, and when I hover mouse over icon the message states that "no audio output device is installed." When I...
Drivers and Hardware
No sound
I have no sound on my desktop after updating to 10130 but I do on my laptop
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:11.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums