Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    18 Feb 2016 #1
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 124
    Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit

    Installation issue We couldn’t find any drives


    Hey guys,

    I am installing Windows 10 on Lenovo T400 Laptop and getting this error We couldn’t find any drives. To get a storage driver, click Load Driver.

    How to fix it ?

    Regards.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    18 Feb 2016 #2
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 3,788
    10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jk22 View Post
    Hey guys,

    I am installing Windows 10 on Lenovo T400 Laptop and getting this error We couldn’t find any drives. To get a storage driver, click Load Driver.

    How to fix it ?

    Regards.
    From that screen what do you get if you press Shift + F10 to get a command prompt and then type diskpart <enter>, list disk <enter>?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    18 Feb 2016 #3
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 124
    Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by lx07 View Post
    From that screen what do you get if you press Shift + F10 to get a command prompt and then type diskpart <enter>, list disk <enter>?
    I get Disk 0 and with correct size of harddisk.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    18 Feb 2016 #4
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 3,788
    10 Pro

    Is it gpt? It will have a star in the Gpt column like this if it is
    Code:
    DISKPART> list disk
    
      Disk ###  Status         Size     Free     Dyn  Gpt
      --------  -------------  -------  -------  ---  ---
      Disk 0    Online          113 GB   128 MB        *
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    18 Feb 2016 #5
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 124
    Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by lx07 View Post
    Is it gpt? It will have a star in the Gpt column like this if it is
    Code:
    DISKPART> list disk
    
      Disk ###  Status         Size     Free     Dyn  Gpt
      --------  -------------  -------  -------  ---  ---
      Disk 0    Online          113 GB   128 MB        *
    Its MBR.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    18 Feb 2016 #6
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 3,788
    10 Pro

    Do you want to wipe the whole disk and do clean install?

    If so in diskpart:

    SELECT DISK 0
    CLEAN
    CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY
    SELECT PARTITION 1
    FORMAT FS=NTFS
    ACTIVE
    EXIT


    You may have to reboot and restart the installation but that should work.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    18 Feb 2016 #7
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 124
    Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by lx07 View Post
    Do you want to wipe the whole disk and do clean install?

    If so in diskpart:

    SELECT DISK 0
    CLEAN
    CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY
    SELECT PARTITION 1
    FORMAT FS=NTFS
    ACTIVE
    EXIT


    You may have to reboot and restart the installation but that should work.
    Do you want me to convert into GPT also ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    18 Feb 2016 #8
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 3,788
    10 Pro

    No - I'm assuming your T400 doesn't support UEFI. My x201 doesn't and is similar vintage.

    You could check in your BIOS but if you don't have the option to turn on UEFI in BIOS then you want MBR not GPT.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    18 Feb 2016 #9
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 196
    Win 7 8 and 10

    Are you booting from USB? Are you using a 2.0 or a 3.0 stick? Sometimes 3.0 sticks will cause that.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    18 Feb 2016 #10
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 124
    Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by lx07 View Post
    No - I'm assuming your T400 doesn't support UEFI. My x201 doesn't and is similar vintage.

    You could check in your BIOS but if you don't have the option to turn on UEFI in BIOS then you want MBR not GPT.
    Yes you are right.

    Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    Are you booting from USB? Are you using a 2.0 or a 3.0 stick? Sometimes 3.0 sticks will cause that.
    I am using USB 2.0.

    Now there is another error:

    A media driver your computer needs is missing.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 10 can't find external USB 3.0 drives...
I just upgraded from Windows 7 PRO to Windows 10. I notice that my external USB 3.0 drives can't be found. Before the upgrade it was ok. The only external device that does show is a Sandisk FIT USB 2.0 stick. Has this happened to anyone?
Drivers and Hardware
Windows 10 Installation problem, yet to find fix!
http://i.imgur.com/6z1djXA.png Can anyone help me, tried this loads of times and I can't find a fix Thanks Kieran!
Installation and Upgrade
Installation Fail "We couldn't update The System Reserve Partition"
This is the 2nd system (my wife's computer) we want to run Windows 10. Currently that system is running windows 7 Pro. The first system system went without a single hitch and it was running windows 7 Pro as well.. The download was complete so I...
Installation and Upgrade
How to find Hardware installation - Win10 Key/Token ?
I know windows 10 has hardware based tokens, but I would like to copy this token and keep it sumwhere safe so tht in future if it cannot activate due to any reason, I can manually install the token and validate my copy of windows. Please inform...
General Support
Solved How to find the key after the upgrade for a clean installation later?
Microsoft said a clean install of Windows 10 can happen. How do you find the key? Do you have to use a key finder after the upgrade or will Microsoft make it easily available?
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums