Windows 10: Installation issue We couldn’t find any drives

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    18 Feb 2016 #11

    How did you made the USB? It is possible to make a USB that only works for UEFI or only for BIOS installs.

    See USB Flash Drive - Create to Install Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

    If the USB is MBR and formatted NTFS (or you made it with the Media Creation Tool) it is probably OK for BIOS install though.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 122
    Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       18 Feb 2016 #12

    lx07 said: View Post
    How did you made the USB? It is possible to make a USB that only works for UEFI or only for BIOS installs.

    See USB Flash Drive - Create to Install Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

    If the USB is MBR and formatted NTFS (or you made it with the Media Creation Tool) it is probably OK for BIOS install though.
    I used Windows 7 DVD Download Tool and its good and worked before because rufus sometimes corrupt setup for me.

    I think its because of SATA Drivers can you guide me how to install it and which files.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    18 Feb 2016 #13

    jk22 said: View Post
    Now there is another error:
    A media driver your computer needs is missing.

    I used Windows 7 DVD Download Tool and its good and worked before because rufus sometimes corrupt setup for me.
    I think its because of SATA Drivers can you guide me how to install it and which files.
    It's more than likely a problem with the USB. If it were me, I would use the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to directly create the installation USB:
    Windows 10

    Blue box "Download Tool Now". Select "Create installation media for another computer". Uncheck the "Use recommended options for this PC". Then select your language (probably English (United States)), Edition (probably just Windows 10), and bit level. Then the USB Flash Drive Option.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 122
    Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       19 Feb 2016 #14

    NavyLCDR said: View Post
    It's more than likely a problem with the USB. If it were me, I would use the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to directly create the installation USB:
    Windows 10

    Blue box "Download Tool Now". Select "Create installation media for another computer". Uncheck the "Use recommended options for this PC". Then select your language (probably English (United States)), Edition (probably just Windows 10), and bit level. Then the USB Flash Drive Option.
    But it was working fine. Actually I want to use Pro version so can you guide me how to solve that problem.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    19 Feb 2016 #15

    jk22 said: View Post
    But it was working fine. Actually I want to use Pro version so can you guide me how to solve that problem.
    If you made a USB as @NavyNCDR mentioned it will have both Home and Pro on.

    As you have an old laptop with BIOS it will then ask you whether you want to install Home or Pro (as it doesn't have your key embedded).

    Just choose Pro and write back here with exactly what error message you get. Word for word.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 122
    Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       21 Feb 2016 #16

    There was a harddisk issue. Its not picking up harddisk partition.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Related Threads
I just upgraded from Windows 7 PRO to Windows 10. I notice that my external USB 3.0 drives can't be found. Before the upgrade it was ok. The only external device that does show is a Sandisk FIT USB 2.0 stick. Has this happened to anyone?
http://i.imgur.com/6z1djXA.png Can anyone help me, tried this loads of times and I can't find a fix Thanks Kieran!
This is the 2nd system (my wife's computer) we want to run Windows 10. Currently that system is running windows 7 Pro. The first system system went without a single hitch and it was running windows 7 Pro as well.. The download was complete so I...
I know windows 10 has hardware based tokens, but I would like to copy this token and keep it sumwhere safe so tht in future if it cannot activate due to any reason, I can manually install the token and validate my copy of windows. Please inform...
Microsoft said a clean install of Windows 10 can happen. How do you find the key? Do you have to use a key finder after the upgrade or will Microsoft make it easily available?
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:22.
Find Us