Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1.    09 Feb 2016 #1
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 9
    Windows 10 / Windows 7 (x64)

    Windows 10 on OLD COMPUTERS


    Continuing the legacy of hackerman1.

    Here's the thread about Windows 10 installations on OLD COMPUTERS ! .

    I start with my computer here .

    NOTE : As of Windows 8.1 there's NO LONGER the WEI (Windows Experience Index) benchmark from Microsoft , so you will have to install this 3rd Party WEI : Windows Experience Index on Windows 10 and on Windows 8.1 - ChrisPC Win Experience Index - Get WEI Base Score, CPU Score, Memory Score, Gaming Score, Graphics Score, Storage Score - FREE Download - Chris P.C. srl


    WEI Score

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ChrisPC_WEI_Scores_2016_02_09_214648.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	63372

    Speccy Info

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sem Título.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	63374
    Windows 10 on OLD COMPUTERS Attached Files
    Last edited by WiiSky70; 09 Feb 2016 at 17:53.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    09 Feb 2016 #2
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 360
    Windows 10 Pro x86 and x64 dual boot

    Is this supposed to be old hardware? Heck I am running Win 10 32 bit on a Foxconn Motherboard, with DDR2 633 4gb ram, a Dual Pentium @ 2Ghz and 2 20 gb IDE hard drives, and it runs perfect, slow, but perfect.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    09 Feb 2016 #3
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Just who is thehackerman1?? And why should we know who he is??
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    09 Feb 2016 #4
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 9
    Windows 10 / Windows 7 (x64)
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by banger View Post
    Is this supposed to be old hardware? Heck I am running Win 10 32 bit on a Foxconn Motherboard, with DDR2 633 4gb ram, a Dual Pentium @ 2Ghz and 2 20 gb IDE hard drives, and it runs perfect, slow, but perfect.
    This hardware was never changed since it was build in summer of 2012 . It's almost 4 years old.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    09 Feb 2016 #5
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 9
    Windows 10 / Windows 7 (x64)
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    Just who is thehackerman1?? And why should we know who he is??
    He was very famous due to the post views , media attention and the way he put Win7 to run on Dual P1 and P2 CPUs at the time

    http://forum.thewindowsclub.com/wind...-dinosaur.html
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    09 Feb 2016 #6
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by WiiSky70 View Post
    He was very famous due to the post views , media attention and the way he put Win7 to run on Dual P1 and P2 CPUs at the time

    http://forum.thewindowsclub.com/wind...-dinosaur.html
    Never heard of him. And what does this have to do with the link you have in the OP??

    The title is a bit misleading?? Trying to sell something??
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    09 Feb 2016 #7
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 9
    Windows 10 / Windows 7 (x64)
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    Never heard of him. And what does this have to do with the link you have in the OP??

    The title is a bit misleading?? Trying to sell something??
    The idea of the CAPS LOCK title was taken from similar Win7 on OLD computers thread that was made by another user at that time as well.

    But i put all in CAPS because there are few threads about Windows 10 installations on old computers , on Forums and other media.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    09 Feb 2016 #8
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by WiiSky70 View Post
    The idea of the CAPS LOCK title was taken from similar Win7 on OLD computers thread that was made by another user at that time as well.

    But i put all in CAPS because there are few threads about Windows 10 installations on old computers , on Forums and other media.
    Huh?? There is very little in the thread about installing 10 on old computers. It's just about a link to a third party tool.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    09 Feb 2016 #9
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 9
    Windows 10 / Windows 7 (x64)
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    Huh?? There is very little in the thread about installing 10 on old computers. It's just about a link to a third party tool.
    I kept the thread simple and visually appealing , it's not about how big the topic is , it's about sharing details like WEI and Speccy info .

    That's pretty much about it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    09 Feb 2016 #10
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by WiiSky70 View Post
    I kept the thread simple and visually appealing , it's not about how big the topic is , it's about sharing details like WEI and Speccy info .

    That's pretty much about it.
    Oh and that link in the OP starts the download automatically and that might not what users here would want to see happen.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Can't see other computers in Workgroup on Windows 10 computer
Hi all, I'm finding Windows 10 enjoyable and pleasant for the most part. Unfortunately, some things that are easy to find or to do (probably due to years of experience) in Windows 7 and 8/8.1 are not easy to find, assuming they exist at all,...
Network and Sharing
Windows 10 Context Menus not the Same - 2 Computers
Hi, I am quite interested if anyone has any feedback on this. I have 2 different Windows 10 machines... 1. A clean install of Windows 10. 2. An upgrade from Windows 7. The right-click context menus are very different on each. I have...
Customization
Windows 10 Pro computers can't see themselves in network
I have a 4 computer network with 2 Windows 7 machines and 2 Windows 10 Pro machines. The Win7 computers can see and access all 4 computers through Network. The Win10Pro machines can see and access the Win7 machines. They can't see or access...
Network and Sharing
Solved Windows 10 Editions - Swap Computers
Hi Everyone. I have currently a desktop computer running Windows 10 Pro (32bit), I upgraded via GWX from Windows 7 Professional. I also have a laptop computer running Windows 10 Home (64bit), I upgraded via GWX from Windows 7 Home Premium. ...
Installation and Upgrade
Please help windows 10 is crashing computers
I'm posting on behalf of myself and a handful of others, all have gateways, all had windows 8.1, all recently updated to windows 10. Everything seemed fine with the installation, for about a day. Then when the computers turns on the next day we all...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums