1.    06 Feb 2016 #1
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Posts : 96
    Windows 10

    Got WIM file trying to fix DISM-am I using wrong path? Won't work


    I made a WIM for 14257 using the ESD to ISO tool trying to fix the DISM/Restorehealth issue.
    I cannot get it to work. First time ever I am running into a roadblock.

    Am I using the wrong path?

    I have the WIM file in a folder in Native C drive...so when I open up C drive with all of the folders. I have a subfolder in the main C directory called sources. I have the install.wim file in that folder. But I am still getting error issues with file not found.

    Here is what I am using

    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth /source:wim:C:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

    Is that the right path for me or am I just dense?



      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    06 Feb 2016 #2
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Penn's Woods
    Posts : 1,182
    Windows 10 Home

    Quote Originally Posted by pittguy578 View Post
    I made a WIM for 14257 using the ESD to ISO tool trying to fix the DISM/Restorehealth issue.
    I cannot get it to work. First time ever I am running into a roadblock.

    Am I using the wrong path?

    I have the WIM file in a folder in Native C drive...so when I open up C drive with all of the folders. I have a subfolder in the main C directory called sources. I have the install.wim file in that folder. But I am still getting error issues with file not found.

    Here is what I am using

    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth /source:wim:C:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

    Is that the right path for me or am I just dense?



    Are you trying do a DISM repair on a build 14257 Windows installation? If not, you're barking up the wrong tree.

    Please describe the roadblock.

    BTW, you might get a little more consistent and cohesive help if you stick in a thread you've started until it's solved rather than abandoning them and starting new threads regarding the next step.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    06 Feb 2016 #3
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Posts : 96
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Word Man View Post
    Are you trying do a DISM repair on a build 14257 Windows installation? If not, you're barking up the wrong tree.

    Please describe the roadblock.

    BTW, you might get a little more consistent and cohesive help if you stick in a thread you've started until it's solved rather than abandoning them and starting new threads regarding the next step.

    It is a 14257 Installation. I got the ESD file from my laptop and used the ESD to ISO tool to make the WIM.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    06 Feb 2016 #4
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Penn's Woods
    Posts : 1,182
    Windows 10 Home

    Quote Originally Posted by pittguy578 View Post
    It is a 14257 Installation. I got the ESD file from my laptop and used the ESD to ISO tool to make the WIM.
    OK, so 1) What exact edition of WIndows 10 are you running (Home/Pro, 32/64bit, Language - English right)? and 2) what error message are you seeing?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    06 Feb 2016 #5
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Posts : 96
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    I am using 14257 64 Bit I believe Personal/Professional.

    I am getting the "Source Files Not Found" error message when I run DISM/ Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth

    Another post on here said run dism/startcomponnet cleanup then try to do it but I still get same error message.

    So I heard another option was using a WIM file so I used the ESD from 14257 and converted it to WIM and am trying to use the direct WIM method instead of Online but still not working. No idea what I am doing wrong. Is my path wrong?

    I was able to to Fix the DISM issue on a prior build because I was able to download an ISO directly that had an install feature and essentially I upgraded to the same build I already had (essentially a reinstall) and that worked.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    06 Feb 2016 #6
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Penn's Woods
    Posts : 1,182
    Windows 10 Home

    OK, so let's confirm some things:

    1) Please open an elevated (admin) command prompt and issue the command "dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:C:\sources\install.wim /index:1" then post a screenshot of the output.

    and

    2) While the command prompt is still open issue the command "winver" and post a screenshot of that.

    If you need help posting a screenshot, let us know.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved How to display full file path in Wndows Explorer
There is a tutoral on this issue, but it doesn't solve the central problem, which is, where is the folder? I mean, which drive is it on? The image shown in the tutoral gives the file path as beginning with "This PC". But WHERE on this PC? ...
General Support
Wrong Path for Internet explorer 11 in windows 10
Hi all, I was changing my default browser in windows 10 to internet explorer 11. when I choose i.e 11 in the settings box, windows asked me to point to the location of the .exe for ie 11 Like a muppet I chose the wrong place and now it opens up...
Browsers and Email
"Create Shortcut"s target path points to wrong Program Files folder.
When I create a shortcut to file in Program Files, the target path for that shortcut will be to Program Files (x86), even though the start in path will be correct. Furthermore, even though the target path is incorrect and no icon is displayed for...
General Support
Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file
Hello. Just installed Win10. I'm having trouble both opening and renaming/changing some files. I had no trouble before on win8. I am administrator with elevated previliges. I changed UAC level to the lowest. I keep getting this error:...
General Support
Customization Display Full Path in Title Bar of File Explorer in Windows 10
How to Display Full Path in Title Bar of File Explorer in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you how to display either the name or full path of the current open folder in the title bar of File Explorer for your account in Windows 10. This will...
Tutorials
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:06.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums