Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    31 Jan 2015 #11
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Cheshire, England
    Posts : 1,427
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by futurdreamz View Post
    I just set it so I type in a 4 digit pin. Makes it a simple five-tap process (six if the computer restarted, resetting numlock) and I'm in.
    Does it work for you? I have PIN set in Build 9926 on two computers and two virtual machines, none working all four still asking the password instead of PIN, no options in sign in screen to switch sign in method..
    Ditto, not tried to resolve it but i too set a 4 digit pin but the logon screen doesn't give me the option to log in via pin
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    31 Jan 2015 #12
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    N Calif
    Posts : 714
    W10 Pro (desktop), W10 (laptop), W10 (laptop), W10Pro (tablet)

    Pin login works for me on my Win 10 VMs.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    31 Jan 2015 #13
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 13,112
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by strollin View Post
    Pin login works for me on my Win 10 VMs.
    Which Build? Worked for me, too in 9879, do not work on a single build 9926 machine, real or virtual.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    31 Jan 2015 #14
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    Posts : 391
    Windows 10

    Works fine for me, but then again I upgraded from a W8 system hat had it set up already so I never fiddled with the settings.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    31 Jan 2015 #15
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Penns Forrest
    Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3

    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by futurdreamz View Post
    I just set it so I type in a 4 digit pin. Makes it a simple five-tap process (six if the computer restarted, resetting numlock) and I'm in.
    Does it work for you? I have PIN set in Build 9926 on two computers and two virtual machines, none working all four still asking the password instead of PIN, no options in sign in screen to switch sign in method..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swBug[122].png 
Views:	157 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	11592 Known issue: insider.microsoft.com
    a PIN with a MSA sign-in does not work.
    You can only use a PIN to sign-in if you use a local account

    It should work with either, but not in 9926
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    31 Jan 2015 #16
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    N Calif
    Posts : 714
    W10 Pro (desktop), W10 (laptop), W10 (laptop), W10Pro (tablet)

    Quote Originally Posted by Slartybart View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by futurdreamz View Post
    I just set it so I type in a 4 digit pin. Makes it a simple five-tap process (six if the computer restarted, resetting numlock) and I'm in.
    Does it work for you? I have PIN set in Build 9926 on two computers and two virtual machines, none working all four still asking the password instead of PIN, no options in sign in screen to switch sign in method..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swBug[122].png 
Views:	157 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	11592 Known issue: insider.microsoft.com
    a PIN with a MSA sign-in does not work.
    You can only use a PIN to sign-in if you use a local account

    It should work with either, but not in 9926
    Just confirmed this, works fine on my VMs that have local accounts but on my 1 VM that uses a MS account, it let me configure a pin but still asks for my pw at login.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    31 Jan 2015 #17
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    Posts : 391
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by strollin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Slartybart View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by futurdreamz View Post
    I just set it so I type in a 4 digit pin. Makes it a simple five-tap process (six if the computer restarted, resetting numlock) and I'm in.
    Does it work for you? I have PIN set in Build 9926 on two computers and two virtual machines, none working all four still asking the password instead of PIN, no options in sign in screen to switch sign in method..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swBug[122].png 
Views:	157 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	11592 Known issue: insider.microsoft.com
    a PIN with a MSA sign-in does not work.
    You can only use a PIN to sign-in if you use a local account

    It should work with either, but not in 9926
    Just confirmed this, works fine on my VMs that have local accounts but on my 1 VM that uses a MS account, it let me configure a pin but still asks for my pw at login.
    Does it have the little "sign-in options" link that allows you to switch over to signing in with a PIN? I think I might have had to do that once.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    31 Jan 2015 #18
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    Posts : 194
    Win10

    Netplwiz


    "netplwiz" in administrator command prompt opens a window to setup auto logon.
    I've used it for years!
    Is the complaints here because it won't work in a VM?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    31 Jan 2015 #19
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 277
    windows 7

    no i think we morph'd from a dumb rant to a better discussion of 3 or so login options... or wuz it 4
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    29 Mar 2015 #20
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Posts : 1
    Windows 10 Preview

    Login with pin to MSA worked fine on previous build but quit with Build 10041. How do I get to the location in Group Policy that might fix the issue.
    written March 29 2015
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Get Windows 10: Microsoft's hidden roadmap for the biggest software up
Get Windows 10: Microsoft's hidden roadmap for the biggest software upgrade in history | ZDNet The above is a few paragraphs down into Ed Bott's article, but for me is the real purpose of letting us know what's next.
Windows 10 News
Biggest Thing I'll MIss Going to Win10
I have been watching the screen shots and folks posts about Win10 and I think every thing I have seen is great. I'm looking forward to installing it when I feel more confident about doing it over my Win7 Ultimate. There is one thing I will miss...
General Support
How to use OneDrive without logging on 10 with MS Account
I root my User folders in OneDrive folder to keep them sync'd with all my other Devices. But in 10 I want to use a Local Account so I can forgo password (along with Lock Screen and Log On page) except at rare times like when I visit my...
General Support
Biggest hurdle to overcome with Windows 9: The dead end
More
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums