Windows 10 clean install no key!


  1. Posts : 17
    windows 10
       #1

    Windows 10 clean install no key!


    I experienced a problem with my new PC loaded with Windows 7 Home edition. Some major files were corrupted so I tried to reload it with the disc, but it was in German and it lost me. So I downloaded Windows 10 Home (single language) from Microsoft thinking that my key would work and the single language would be no different from multi language. Should have known better with MS, as its never that easy.

    Now I find they require me to upgrade from the original 7 disc or BUY A NEW ONE!!! Anyone know where I can get a serial key that works? I keep getting error code0x0800700b with keys listed on the net.

    Damned money grabbing Microsoft!
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 61,846
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
       #2

    Discussing illegal keys is not allowed here. Please review the forum rules.

    https://www.tenforums.com/misc.php?do=showrules

    Do you not have your Windows 7 product key that came with the computer? There should be a COA sticker on the PC with the key number on it.

    Product Key Number for Windows 7 - Find and See - Windows 7 Help Forums
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 17
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #3

    pcmonkeymonks said:
    I experienced a problem with my new PC loaded with Windows 7 Home edition. Some major files were corrupted so I tried to reload it with the disc, but it was in German and it lost me. So I downloaded Windows 10 Home (single language) from Microsoft thinking that my key would work and the single language would be no different from multi language. Should have known better with MS, as its never that easy.


    Now I find they require me to upgrade from the original 7 disc or BUY A NEW ONE!!! Anyone know where I can get a serial key that works? I keep getting error code0x0800700b with keys listed on the net.

    Damned money grabbing Microsoft!
    Yes I do have the key that is what I was saying It wont work. I am not asking for an illegal key I would like some advice on it.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 22,741
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #4

    pcmonkeymonks said:
    Yes I do have the key that is what I was saying It wont work. I am not asking for an illegal key I would like some advice on it.
    The only place you can get a legal key that will work is from MS and no were else.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 61,846
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
       #5

    pcmonkeymonks said:
    Yes I do have the key that is what I was saying It wont work. I am not asking for an illegal key I would like some advice on it.
    Your Windows 7 key will work, but Windows 10 will need to be for the same language.

    If you still cannot get it to work, then you could install and activate Windows 7 agian, and use the method below to clean install Windows 10.

    Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 24
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       #6

    I can help.

    Activate Windows 10

    Step 1: Grab a phone, if you do not have one or not have access to a phone, Install Skype (skype.com)

    Step 2: Run the program "slui.exe 4"

    Step 3: Select your country

    Step 4: Dial the number it tells you to dial on your phone or skype.

    Step 5: Follow the instructions the robot gives you.

    Step 6: Your done!
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 13,680
    Windows10
       #7

    TheAmazingGuy said:
    I can help.

    Activate Windows 10

    Step 1: Grab a phone, if you do not have one or not have access to a phone, Install Skype (skype.com)

    Step 2: Run the program "slui.exe 4"

    Step 3: Select your country

    Step 4: Dial the number it tells you to dial on your phone or skype.

    Step 5: Follow the instructions the robot gives you.

    Step 6: Your done!
    OPs main issue is he has a mismatched version of windows 10 to his 7 key.

    Telephone activation might be necessary if he reinstalls Windows 7 to upgrade instead of clean installing, but thsat is normally only needed if he has reinstalled it several times on same pc.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 24
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       #8

    cereberus said:
    OPs main issue is he has a mismatched version of windows 10 to his 7 key.

    Telephone activation might be necessary if he reinstalls Windows 7 to upgrade instead of clean installing, but thsat is normally only needed if he has reinstalled it several times on same pc.
    Telephone activation could work.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 13,950
    Windows 10 Pro X64 21H1 19043.1503
       #9

    TheAmazingGuy said:
    Telephone activation could work.
    Not if the key does not match the version he installed.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 13,680
    Windows10
       #10

    Ztruker said:
    Not if the key does not match the version he installed.
    Agreed.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:43.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums