windows 10 installation problem


  1. Posts : 3
    windows 10
       #1

    windows 10 installation problem


    Hi there. I ran into a problem when finishing off my new pc desktop build when trying to install windows 10. I am booting from a usb which i downloaded windows 10 64bit from their website onto. After i boot from the usb stick i get to the first screen which is windows setup where my mouse and keyboard both stop working. They both work fine when in the bios. I've tried almost everything at this point online and no luck. I'm making sure to use the usb 2.0 ports and i have tried every port on the computer. My keyboard is a razor blackwidow ultimate and mouse razer death adder. I've tried a different mouse that i had lying around which is just a simple cheap one and no luck. Any suggestions for this would be much appreciated as i'm on day 2 of trying to fix this. Thanks.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 13,684
    Windows10
       #2

    Hmmm - tricky one as it is probably a usb or mouse/keyboard driver issue, and you need to have a working mouse at least to do anything.

    You could check bios related things like turning of fastboot, installing in legacy bios mode etc, but nothing obvious that I can suggest.

    Obviously try other mice/keyboards. I doubt bluetooth would work as you would not have the drivers installed yet?

    Only outside left thing I can think off the top of my head is to install it on another pc on your hard drive (temporarily installed in other pc), then transfer drive (with working usb/mouse/keyboard drivers, and hope you can get to device manager enough to fix other driver issues eg graphics cards). Sometimes you are lucky and this is easy and other times not.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 3
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #3

    cereberus said:
    Hmmm - tricky one as it is probably a usb or mouse/keyboard driver issue, and you need to have a working mouse at least to do anything.

    You could check bios related things like turning of fastboot, installing in legacy bios mode etc, but nothing obvious that I can suggest.

    Obviously try other mice/keyboards. I doubt bluetooth would work as you would not have the drivers installed yet?

    Only outside left thing I can think off the top of my head is to install it on another pc on your hard drive (temporarily installed in other pc), then transfer drive (with working usb/mouse/keyboard drivers, and hope you can get to device manager enough to fix other driver issues eg graphics cards). Sometimes you are lucky and this is easy and other times not.


    I tried a different keyboard today, was still usb and no luck. I've already tried 2 different mice. I also have been into the bios and turned on and off everything that i have seen suggested online and still no luck. Only thing i haven't tried is a ps/2 keyboard, would have to order one in and i do have 1 slot for a pc/2 keyboard. Haven't seen many with this problem. Also been suggested that maybe there could be a problem with my usb stick / windows install which i'm unsure could be true as i downloaded windows straight from their website.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 13,684
    Windows10
       #4

    phantomleeni said:
    I tried a different keyboard today, was still usb and no luck. I've already tried 2 different mice. I also have been into the bios and turned on and off everything that i have seen suggested online and still no luck. Only thing i haven't tried is a ps/2 keyboard, would have to order one in and i do have 1 slot for a pc/2 keyboard. Haven't seen many with this problem. Also been suggested that maybe there could be a problem with my usb stick / windows install which i'm unsure could be true as i downloaded windows straight from their website.
    I kind of assumed new pc would not have ps/2 connections. I assume ps/2 must still be supported to enable compatibility with older pcs. It seems daft to rely on 20 year old technology - hope it works .
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 3
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #5

    cereberus said:
    I kind of assumed new pc would not have ps/2 connections. I assume ps/2 must still be supported to enable compatibility with older pcs. It seems daft to rely on 20 year old technology - hope it works .
    thank you. me too!
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums