Can I go back to Windows 10?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 316
    Windows 10
       #1

    Can I go back to Windows 10?


    I've had Windows 10 since July. Lately I've had a few problems with it so I went back to Windows 8 using the CD that I had purchased. As I think about it, maybe I jumped to conclusions--maybe the problems were of my own doing. I'm not saying that it was but it was possible. If I want to go back to 10 can I still do it at no cost if it's done before July?
    To be honest with you, since I'm back to 8 I do miss 10.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 22,741
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #2

    If you didn't change the motherboard you shouldn't have any issues going back.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 1,418
    Windows 10 Pro 21H1 64 bit
       #3

    If this is the same system that you had an activated W10 then you can go back to W10 with a clean install and it will activate as MS knows what you had on that system.

    Jim
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 316
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #4

    Yes, this is the same machine with nothing changed. Thanks for your answer. Since I was using Win 10 for 6 months and then went back to 8, I can now tell the difference in speed. On my machine 10 is faster than 8 and I'm much more pleased with 10. I do think, however, that on Windows 10 MS went too far on security. There were too many things I wanted to do but did not have permission--on my own personal machine. But, maybe I can find some work around for those issues.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 124,858
    Windows 11 Pro (x64) 21H2 Build 22000.739
       #5

    Frank1 said:
    Yes, this is the same machine with nothing changed. Thanks for your answer. Since I was using Win 10 for 6 months and then went back to 8, I can now tell the difference in speed. On my machine 10 is faster than 8 and I'm much more pleased with 10. I do think, however, that on Windows 10 MS went too far on security. There were too many things I wanted to do but did not have permission--on my own personal machine. But, maybe I can find some work around for those issues.
    You can work around and or fix those issues, depending on what they actually were. Talking about your "permissions problem"
    Windows 10 is FAR better than Windows 8 or 8.1 :)
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 316
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #6

    OldMike65 said:
    You can work around and or fix those issues, depending on what they actually were. Talking about your "permissions problem"
    Windows 10 is FAR better than Windows 8 or 8.1 :)
    I think I just ran into a couple back to back and I should have looked further for a work around. Next week I'm going back to Win10.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 316
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #7

    I just started downloading it and will install tomorrow. How do I know where the download is going on my harddrive?
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 22,741
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #8

    Frank1 said:
    I just started downloading it and will install tomorrow. How do I know where the download is going on my harddrive?
    I don't recall where my file ended up.. but I would guess it's going to end up in the download folder or the desktop.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 124,858
    Windows 11 Pro (x64) 21H2 Build 22000.739
       #9

    Frank1 said:
    I just started downloading it and will install tomorrow. How do I know where the download is going on my harddrive?
    Most of the time in your default folder....which should be named Downloads. C:\users\yourname\downloads :)
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 2,790
    Linux Mint 20.1 Win10Prox64
       #10

    OldMike65 said:
    Most of the time in your default folder....which should be named Downloads. C:\users\yourname\downloads :)
    Yes , normally that is the default folder. However, before downloading, the "Save" Dialog pops up and you can choose where to save to a different place. I normally change the browser option to always save to Desktop, easier to find/move/delete.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:47.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums