1.    27 Dec 2015 #1
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 22
    WIN10

    Error installing on laptop


    Hi guys, I'm trying to sort out a friends laptop, he had windows 7 and tried to upgrade to windows 10 he left it to do the upgrade came back to it on startup repair none of the options within start up repair would work. He then gave it to me to sort. I reinstalled windows 7 and tried the upgrade again, same issue, it is at the part with the 3 clocks at some part during copying files towards the end or at the end it reboots and goes straight to startup repair.

    I tried installing direct from a windows 10 disc and had no trouble however it wouldn't then activate as it wasn't an upgrade.

    I've just tried again, another fresh install and no joy, any ideas?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    27 Dec 2015 #2
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 12,990
    W10Prox64

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisred View Post
    Hi guys, I'm trying to sort out a friends laptop, he had windows 7 and tried to upgrade to windows 10 he left it to do the upgrade came back to it on startup repair none of the options within start up repair would work. He then gave it to me to sort. I reinstalled windows 7 and tried the upgrade again, same issue, it is at the part with the 3 clocks at some part during copying files towards the end or at the end it reboots and goes straight to startup repair.

    I tried installing direct from a windows 10 disc and had no trouble however it wouldn't then activate as it wasn't an upgrade.

    I've just tried again, another fresh install and no joy, any ideas?
    Hi.
    You can input the W7 key and it will activate your clean install.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    27 Dec 2015 #3
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 22
    WIN10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by simrick View Post
    Hi.
    You can input the W7 key and it will activate your clean install.
    So it does! that has changed though, it never used to, when I upgraded my PC I tried a clean install with a disc and had to reinstall 8 to upgrade properly.

    Thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    27 Dec 2015 #4
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 12,990
    W10Prox64

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisred View Post
    So it does! that has changed though, it never used to, when I upgraded my PC I tried a clean install with a disc and had to reinstall 8 to upgrade properly.

    Thanks
    Yes, it has indeed recently changed. Glad you got it sorted. Please mark the thread as solved (upper-left).
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
My laptop crashed after installing windows 10 but after a month
my laptop nameCresia ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. X551MA Serial #: E5N0CX006715187 Windows 10 Core (10.0.10240.16590) my computer crashed brings up Recovery file:\ BCD Error code: Oxc0000034 then goes to Aptio setup utility screen. i signed in as...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Clean installing Windows 10 on a new laptop
Bought a new Asus laptop off Amazon, and it's coming pre-installed with Windows 10. Should activation go smoothly if I wipe it and clean install using the Media Creation Tool? I hate manufacturer bloatware.
Windows Updates and Activation
Installing a Solid State Drive to my laptop.
So since I am 12 I am probably going to get a lot for Christmas. So I decided I will make my notebook laptop into a gaming PC. Before you think; Laptop.. Gaming PC? It is a beast of a laptop and it has beaten many desktops at video games,...
Installation and Upgrade
Error 80240020 Installing Win 10
Got this error message when looked at update history.
Installation and Upgrade
Factory resetting my laptop after installing windows 10.
Hello this is my first visit to the forum, as the time nears for the windows 10 upgrade I had a few questions. My Samsung Activ9 came with windows 8 preinstalled, to upgrade it to 8.1 I had to manually install every windows update by hand and...
Installation and Upgrade
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:18.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums