Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
  1.    11 Oct 2015 #1
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Scottsdale, AZ USA, 85254
    Posts : 315
    windows 10

    done w windows 10 until further notice


    i am done with windows 10 until further notice. it has just caused me problem after problem after problem. my system won't shutdown properly because my mb is not windows 10 ready, I've lost everything i had on my system because i had to do a clean install of windows 7 onto one volume of the drive, and now i cant repair the windows 10 install because i cant access my flash drive to try and reinstall 10 from a older version. this has caused me nothing but aggravation. you cant access safe mode for 10 either in the beginning of windows loading like u can w 7. my drive is now partially damaged internally in terms of windows loading. its taking far longer for the install of 7 to load then it use to. thank you very much microsoft! not only that the system freezes and stops responding while trying to install programs too.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    11 Oct 2015 #2
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Inverness
    Posts : 1,198
    Win 10

    Sorry to hear of your problems, but there is some older hardware that should not be upgraded, even if Microsoft says its compatible.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    11 Oct 2015 #3
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Scottsdale, AZ USA, 85254
    Posts : 315
    windows 10
    Thread Starter

    [QUOTE=fireberd;422538]Sorry to hear of your problems, but there is some older hardware that should not be upgraded, even if Microsoft says its compatible.[/QUOTE

    such as?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    11 Oct 2015 #4
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Scottsdale, AZ USA, 85254
    Posts : 315
    windows 10
    Thread Starter

    quite frankly at this point I'm inclined to think 10 is a giant piece of $%#! I've never had this many issues before and I've been dealing with pcs for a very very long time.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    11 Oct 2015 #5
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Penn's Woods
    Posts : 1,287
    Windows 10 Home

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Siegel View Post
    quite frankly at this point I'm inclined to think 10 is a giant piece of $%#! I've never had this many issues before and I've been dealing with pcs for a very very long time.
    And you didn't take an image of your entire disk and the valuable data (or at least file & folders backup) it contained before you embarked on all of this?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    11 Oct 2015 #6
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 354
    Widows 10/Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Siegel View Post
    quite frankly at this point I'm inclined to think 10 is a giant piece of $%#! I've never had this many issues before and I've been dealing with pcs for a very very long time.
    Quite surprised, I've just put W10 on one of my spare machines of a very similar age as yours. Asus P7P55D and I5 750.
    A quick upgrade of W7 which lasted for 5 minutes while it activated then a clean install. Everything's hunky dory, no problems.
    The only driver I changed was the Intel chipset because it thought the cheap SSD I fitted was removable.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    11 Oct 2015 #7
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Scottsdale, AZ USA, 85254
    Posts : 315
    windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Word Man View Post
    And you didn't take an image of your entire disk and the valuable data (or at least file & folders backup) it contained before you embarked on all of this?
    actually i do have a backup but the problem is that my backup drive is fubared too because i cant even get the drive light to flash and apparently according to windows from before when it was still working there are errors on the backup drive and i wasnt able to retrieve all the info that was on my wd my book backup drive. only a portion of it was retrieved but now i cant even do that. I've had bad luck lately for what seems like everything and its not just this computer crap either.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    11 Oct 2015 #8
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Scottsdale, AZ USA, 85254
    Posts : 315
    windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Torquemada View Post
    Quite surprised, I've just put W10 on one of my spare machines of a very similar age as yours. Asus P7P55D and I5 750.
    A quick upgrade of W7 which lasted for 5 minutes while it activated then a clean install. Everything's hunky dory, no problems.
    The only driver I changed was the Intel chipset because it thought the cheap SSD I fitted was removable.
    well my issues are the fact that my mb is technically not 10 compatible. that and the fact that it was just using very generic and basic drivers to function under 10. and because it was just using very basic drivers to function that is where my issues started. windows 10 would not shut down my system completely as it had under 7. that in turn caused me to do a hard shutdown where apparently it would not fully turn off as it should but instead just partially like rebooted or something in turn causing it to damage the the startup file and then when i tried to access my flash drive with older versions of 10 on it to try and reinstall to fix the issue i could not access the flash drive as for some reason my mb boot menu was not detecting or allowing the flash drive to show up.I then tried to reinstall 7 on a new section of the drive that the messed up 10 is on and i still got nowhere. I tried to boot into 7 and the hard drive light would just sit there and stay lit up but would not flicker or do anything to show that it was trying to load windows. I am contacting wd on both issues on the hd issue and the backup drive issue because this is garbage. fortunately if there is a way to transfer everything on my older 2 drives to the new one once i get the new one I will because right now i don't have any other alternative.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    11 Oct 2015 #9
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Siegel View Post
    well my issues are the fact that my mb is technically not 10 compatible. that and the fact that it was just using very generic and basic drivers to function under 10. and because it was just using very basic drivers to function that is where my issues started. windows 10 would not shut down my system completely as it had under 7. that in turn caused me to do a hard shutdown where apparently it would not fully turn off as it should but instead just partially like rebooted or something in turn causing it to damage the the startup file and then when i tried to access my flash drive with older versions of 10 on it to try and reinstall to fix the issue i could not access the flash drive as for some reason my mb boot menu was not detecting or allowing the flash drive to show up.I then tried to reinstall 7 on a new section of the drive that the messed up 10 is on and i still got nowhere. I tried to boot into 7 and the hard drive light would just sit there and stay lit up but would not flicker or do anything to show that it was trying to load windows. I am contacting wd on both issues on the hd issue and the backup drive issue because this is garbage. fortunately if there is a way to transfer everything on my older 2 drives to the new one once i get the new one I will because right now i don't have any other alternative.
    So. your motherboard is not compatible and you claim that 10 is junk?? ...

    Ok..
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    11 Oct 2015 #10
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Scottsdale, AZ USA, 85254
    Posts : 315
    windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    So. your motherboard is not compatible and you claim that 10 is junk?? ...

    Ok..
    that is how i feel because i have had more issues than i care to begin to count under 10. i never had these issues under 7. and to add to that i don't have all the money in the world like some people have and cant just get up on a whim and go out and buy a new system board that is 10 compatible. thats not happening as a do not have the funds to do that at the present time. and until i do thats not happening any time soon.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
No update notice with Win 7 for Win 10?
After my husband recently upgraded and tried Win 10, I would also like to have it too, but I have updated my Win 7 version through the updates page and no where can I see where to upgrade to Win 10? He received a Win 10 upgrade notice a few months...
Installation and Upgrade
Reserve Windows 10 Notice
I have decided not to upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10. How do I get rid of the upgrade notice on my PC? I hope there is a way since it has become annoying. Thank you.
Windows Updates and Activation
Anyone else notice that the mail app has been updated
At least for me anyway mail app now shows live messages on the tile and under options one can turn off conversation mode. 36824 36825
Browsers and Email
Notice To Install from Reserve
This morning I was notified that the reserve Windows 10 was ready to download. I have decided to wait for a while before installing Win 10. Can I download the reserved file and save until I am ready to install it (if ever). Can I burn the...
Installation and Upgrade
Lync Addon Notice
Has anyone seen this? I didn't install it so it must have been installed by Windows. This is a bare bones installation without any apps installed by me. 15373
Browsers and Email
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:23.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums