Windows 10: MediaCreationToolx64 Solved

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    11 Oct 2015 #1

    MediaCreationToolx64


    Hi downloaded MediaCreationToolx64.exe and ran it. It was downloading successfully but due to unforeseen circumstances I had to abort it. I have tried to run it again but keeps telling me "There was a problem starting Setup. Close the tool, restart your PC, and then try running the tool again." restarting does not help. Could you please advise.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    11 Oct 2015 #2

    Go to your downloads folder and look for the MediaCreationToolx64.exe file. Delete it and start over from scratch.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    11 Oct 2015 #3

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    Go to your downloads folder and look for the MediaCreationToolx64.exe file. Delete it and start over from scratch.
    Tried that but I still get the same response!!! Any other ideas please
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    11 Oct 2015 #4

    Maybe try this:
    Windows Update - Reset - Windows 7 Help Forums

    I don't see much connection between Windows Update and MCT - but it won't hurt to try. Sometimes Windows complains when there are two setup processes trying to run simultaneously.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    11 Oct 2015 #5

    NavyLCDR said: View Post
    Maybe try this:
    Windows Update - Reset - Windows 7 Help Forums

    I don't see much connection between Windows Update and MCT - but it won't hurt to try. Sometimes Windows complains when there are two setup processes trying to run simultaneously.
    Ran the batch files rebooted but no joy - As I said originally the process was working until I aborted. Since then I keep getting the message "problem starting setup". I even tried restoring to an earlier date without any success.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    11 Oct 2015 #6

    GWshark said: View Post
    Ran the batch files rebooted but no joy - As I said originally the process was working until I aborted. Since then I keep getting the message "problem starting setup". I even tried restoring to an earlier date without any success.
    Do you have another computer you can download the ISO with?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    11 Oct 2015 #7

    NavyLCDR said: View Post
    Do you have another computer you can download the ISO with?
    Not another machine but I do have a virtual machine which I am now going to try - will keep you posted. Thank you for all your trouble so far
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    11 Oct 2015 #8

    There may be a couple of hidden folders associated with that tool. $Windows~BT$ and $Windows~WS$ I think. Look for and delete those then start over. They are where the download is temporarily stored.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    11 Oct 2015 #9

    Thank you $Windows~BT$ can be deleted but $Windows~WS$ says open in another program I think it's "application experience" tried stopping the service but that did not help. The download does seem to be going in the virtual machine but it's extremely slow.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 5,071
    Windows 10 Pro X64 15063.138
       11 Oct 2015 #10

    Boot to Safe Mode and you should be able to delete $Windows~WS$.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:21.
Find Us