Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    26 Oct 2014 #11
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Penns Forrest
    Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3

    Quote Originally Posted by GEWB View Post
    Haven't moved profile.

    File is present.

    Ran SFC.exe which came up with corrupted files but could not repair.

    Time to reload.

    Regards,
    GEWB
    MBFH - My Best Friend Harry?

    SFC finds hundreds of errors - mostly language and fonts.
    Win10 TP is English only so those are NOT a problem - it's intentional by MS.

    Bill
    .
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    26 Oct 2014 #12

    Quote Originally Posted by Slartybart View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GEWB View Post
    Haven't moved profile.

    File is present.

    Ran SFC.exe which came up with corrupted files but could not repair.

    Time to reload.

    Regards,
    GEWB
    MBFH - My Best Friend Harry?

    SFC finds hundreds of errors - mostly language and fonts.
    Win10 TP is English only so those are NOT a problem - it's intentional by MS.

    Bill
    .
    MBFH was the term used years ago when installing/upgrading Windows (especially NT) - Monster Boot From He11.

    My boot after install completed took 28 minutes.

    And it didn't fix the issue. In fact it created more issues.

    I'll do a full format later this evening.

    Regards,
    GEWB
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    26 Oct 2014 #13

    Try wiping the HD with Diskpart Clean Command
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    27 Oct 2014 #14

    Format/reinstall worked - got the 9860 build update.

    Regards,
    GEWB
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    28 Oct 2014 #15
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 4
    Windows 10

    Getting this error when trying to check for update" Failed to check for new preview build, please try again later. 0×800700EA". Please note I have installed Mediacenter using my Windows 8 key.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    28 Oct 2014 #16
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Carencro, LA 70520
    Posts : 8,470
    Mint 18.3

    Quote Originally Posted by thilkumarsen View Post
    Getting this error when trying to check for update" Failed to check for new preview build, please try again later. 0×800700EA". Please note I have installed Mediacenter using my Windows 8 key.
    You will have to reinstall W10 without media center in order to get rid of that error.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    29 Oct 2014 #17
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 4
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by labeeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thilkumarsen View Post
    Getting this error when trying to check for update" Failed to check for new preview build, please try again later. 0×800700EA". Please note I have installed Mediacenter using my Windows 8 key.
    You will have to reinstall W10 without media center in order to get rid of that error.

    Thanks for the reply.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
AMD working on drivers for Windows 10 preview builds
Source
Windows 10 News
Insider Upcoming changes to Windows 10 Insider Preview builds
Source: Upcoming changes to Windows 10 Insider Preview builds UPDATE HERE: https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/7306-upcoming-changes-windows-10-insider-preview-builds-updated-6-22-a.html How to Backup and Restore your Project Spartan...
Windows 10 News
Choose how preview builds are installed
Everytime I go to advanced options under settings - Update and Security and set the box under "Getting builds faster means you’ll see new things sooner. Getting builds slower could mean more solutions are available for issues." to Fast, it reverts...
Windows Updates and Activation
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:52.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums