Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    09 Oct 2014 #1
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 3
    Windows 7 Professional

    Support for Core2duo


    Does windows 10 support core 2 duo? Because i am recieving an error which says 'You need to restart your computer' when i try ti install it on vmware.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    09 Oct 2014 #2
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 49
    Win7x64 Pro Win10x64 Pro Linux Mint

    Quote Originally Posted by Rat1234 View Post
    Does windows 10 support core 2 duo? Because i am recieving an error which says 'You need to restart your computer' when i try ti install it on vmware.
    I've installed it on my old core 2 laptop - dual boot with Win7 on the primary HD - separate partitions. Haven't tried it with vmware but I do recall a post somewhere about the memory allocation.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    09 Oct 2014 #3
    Join Date : Apr 2014
    Space coast of Florida
    Posts : 5,379
    Windows 10 Pro X64 16299.19

    Are you trying to install 32 or 64 bit? Try 32 bit.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    09 Oct 2014 #4
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 773
    Windows 7

    The problem is that "core 2 duo" is only a family name and does not refer to a specific processor. There are quite a few processors in that family with quite different capabilities. It would help if you could provide the full name.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    10 Oct 2014 #5
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 3
    Windows 7 Professional
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by LMiller7 View Post
    The problem is that "core 2 duo" is only a family name and does not refer to a specific processor. There are quite a few processors in that family with quite different capabilities. It would help if you could provide the full name.
    Processor-T5500-1.6GHz. I am using 32 bit. Here is a screen shot of a new error that arose, although system Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	132 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	6742requirements on Microsofts website are quite low.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    10 Oct 2014 #6
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 49
    Win7x64 Pro Win10x64 Pro Linux Mint

    Quote Originally Posted by Rat1234 View Post
    Processor-T5500-1.6GHz. I am using 32 bit. Here is a screen shot of a new error that arose, although system Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	132 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	6742requirements on Microsofts website are quite low.
    As LMiller7 correctly states, there are several types of Core 2 Duo. Mine is the P8400 @2.26GHz Penryn 45nm. Running Win10 x64. 6GB ram.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    10 Oct 2014 #7
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    New Jersey
    Posts : 1,453
    Windows 7 Pro x64 Windows 10 Pro x64

    Well that surely looks like a 64 bit error message.

    Are you positive you are trying to install 32 bit ?

    Although, that is a 64 bit capable cpu.

    ARK | Intel® Core?2 Duo Processor T5500 (2M Cache, 1.66 GHz, 667 MHz FSB)

    I would just make a partition and install Windows TP there and see if the problem still occurs.

    Maybe one of these many videos will help.

    https://www.google.com/search?q=Erro...sm=93&ie=UTF-8

    https://www.tenforums.com/installatio...-properly.html
    Last edited by AddRAM; 10 Oct 2014 at 10:10.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    10 Oct 2014 #8
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 3
    Windows 7 Professional
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by AddRAM View Post
    Well that surely looks like a 64 bit error message.

    Are you positive you are trying to install 32 bit ?

    Although, that is a 64 bit capable cpu.

    ARK | Intel® Core?2 Duo Processor T5500 (2M Cache, 1.66 GHz, 667 MHz FSB)

    I would just make a partition and install Windows TP there and see if the problem still occurs.

    Maybe one of these many videos will help.

    https://www.google.com/search?q=Erro...sm=93&ie=UTF-8

    https://www.tenforums.com/installatio...-properly.html
    Yeah, i downloaded the x86 iso. But my Pc is from 2007. So 64 bit software is dead slow on it. Will try to work it out.
    Last edited by Rat1234; 10 Oct 2014 at 10:54.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    10 Oct 2014 #9
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Belo Horizonte
    Posts : 713
    Windows 10 Build 14267

    It should work. I have a similar CPU in an old notebook and it installed fine. I guess it´s not a processor thing !
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    11 Oct 2014 #10
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Nashville, TN
    Posts : 3,143
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rat1234 View Post
    Processor-T5500-1.6GHz. I am using 32 bit. Here is a screen shot of a new error that arose, although system Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	132 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	6742requirements on Microsofts website are quite low.
    I would check your bios to make sure there are no settings that disable PAE. This processor doesn't have any virtualization technology, and i'm wondering if Windows 10 might require some level of virtualization to work.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
CPU Support
Hi all I was wondering if there is a list of CPUs supported by Win 10? I am currently running two desktops one with a Dual Core Pentium @ 2ghz and a Core Duo E8400 @ 3 Ghz. They both run Win 8.1 fine but was wondering if 10 will support them. I...
Drivers and Hardware
The new Raspberry Pi 2, now with Windows 10 support
Source
Windows 10 News
Get Windows 10 - Support.
Hey guys, I'm new here to the forum and require some help please. On my desktop pc the gw10 app didnt show for me although i have the correct windows updates etc... I have used the windows site and managed to get the app that way, but it fails...
General Support
W10 / DirectX 12 / 3d support
Hi there When I run dxdiag via run on W10 (build 9926) (in a VM or as native) It shows 3d support and direct3d acceleration IS enabled even though VMware message says 3d support not available on the Host. W10 comes with DirectX 12 but I don't...
General Support
Windows 10: MKV support out of the box
Read more...
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:22.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums