Boot From USB/DVD

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 25,901
    Windows 10 1909 Build 18363.657
    Thread Starter
       #21

    [QUOTE=HippsieGypsie;153875]"Oh I see it is!" said the blind carpenter as he picked up his saw and went.

    "Let me see," said the blind man to his deaf and dumb daughter as he stuck his wooden leg out the window to see if it was snowing.

    And that's just about how I feel about now.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 5,834
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       #22

    I hope there's no offense, Wyn. I bet you're frustrated. Just trying to make light of the situation. :)

    Keep going. Persistence usually pays its dividends.
      My Computers

  3. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 25,901
    Windows 10 1909 Build 18363.657
    Thread Starter
       #23

    HippsieGypsie said:
    I hope there's no offense, Wyn. I bet you're frustrated. Just trying to make light of the situation. :)

    Keep going. Persistence usually pays its dividends.
    Ha! If I were offended, I wouldn't have typed that old saw from my childhood, now would I?

    I woke up this AM about 4:20 and couldn't go back to sleep, so I came in here to work on this mess. Surprisingly, I'm still wide awake, but when I lay me haid down, I do hope my brain shuts down.

    Also, I really, really, really appreciate all the support I've been given.
      My Computer

  4. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 15,441
    Windows 10
       #24

    What's your status now, Wynona?
      My Computer

  5. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 25,901
    Windows 10 1909 Build 18363.657
    Thread Starter
       #25

    Edwin said:
    What's your status now, Wynona?
    Got it installed on the laptop's C:\ drive.

    I haven't had too much time to look it over, since I had to build some nest boxes for my friend's and my new chickens. We've spent the past several months building a house and pen for chickens, and then before we were quite ready, seven Rhode Island Red hens and a rooster fell into our laps for free. Chickens are like computers . . . you just cannot turn down free ones!

    Anyhoo, my first priority is to see if I'm able to set up the QuickLaunch toolbar in Windows 10. After that, I will need to check my partitions to see what's happened to those. And a few more things, as Windows says, "We're getting things ready for you."

    One thing that upsets me with this laptop is that on bootup, "Press Esc for setup options" will only work every third, fourth or fifth time. Even if I hit the power button and immediately start pressing the Esc button. Every so often I have to just get up and walk away, which beats the alternative I'm tempted to perform.
      My Computer

  6. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 15,441
    Windows 10
       #26

    Wynona said:
    Got it installed on the laptop's C:\ drive.

    I haven't had too much time to look it over, since I had to build some nest boxes for my friend's and my new chickens. We've spent the past several months building a house and pen for chickens, and then before we were quite ready, seven Rhode Island Red hens and a rooster fell into our laps for free. Chickens are like computers . . . you just cannot turn down free ones!

    Anyhoo, my first priority is to see if I'm able to set up the QuickLaunch toolbar in Windows 10. After that, I will need to check my partitions to see what's happened to those. And a few more things, as Windows says, "We're getting things ready for you."

    One thing that upsets me with this laptop is that on bootup, "Press Esc for setup options" will only work every third, fourth or fifth time. Even if I hit the power button and immediately start pressing the Esc button. Every so often I have to just get up and walk away, which beats the alternative I'm tempted to perform.
    Awesome!
    At least you're "in"! Take your time snoopin around and enjoy! :)
    Keep us posted.
      My Computer



  7. Posts : 5,834
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       #27

    Ok then. We're �� cause "hell hath no fury to a woman's scorn!"

    And good you're loaded up and good to go!

    Now may the sleep god be with you and your lappy! :)
      My Computers

  8. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 25,901
    Windows 10 1909 Build 18363.657
    Thread Starter
       #28

    WooHoo! The good news is that QuickLaunch Toolbar is set up!

    The bad news is that the partitions are all dynamic, except for the HP Tools drive, which is Fat 32 and basic. Go figure!

    I'm going to wait until tomorrow when I'm a bit fresher to work very much on the drives.
      My Computer

  9. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 15,441
    Windows 10
       #29

    Wynona said:
    WooHoo! The good news is that QuickLaunch Toolbar is set up!
    The bad news is that the partitions are all dynamic, except for the HP Tools drive, which is Fat 32 and basic.
    Awesome!
    You mind posting a shot of that Disk Management, I'd like to see that?!
    Then I'll let ya get some sleep!
      My Computer

  10. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 25,901
    Windows 10 1909 Build 18363.657
    Thread Starter
       #30

    Edwin said:
    Awesome!
    You mind posting a shot of that Disk Management, I'd like to see that?!
    Then I'll let ya get some sleep!
    Sorry, Edwin, but I must have been gone when you posted. Here's the screenshot:

    Boot From USB/DVD-disk-management.png

    Now I have to get Hubby to the doc's office for a routine blood test.

    Back later . . .
      My Computer


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:56.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums