How to add Media Center to Tech Preview  

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 26,465
    Mint 21
       #11

    Thanks again (can't rep you yet I have to spread it around LOL).
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 9,649
    W10 Pro, W10 Home
       #12

    labeeman said:
    Thanks again (can't rep you yet I have to spread it around LOL).
    LOL! I just noticed that. A belated "thanks for the rep" mate!
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 265
    Windows 10 Enterprise
       #13

    I followed the instructions and it is working perfectly. So far so good...
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 16,459
    Windows 11 Pro X64
       #14

    Thanks, worked for me
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 4
    Windows 10
       #15

    Windows says its not activated after adding mediacenter feature to Windows 10 using my own Windows 8 mediacenter key. Please advice
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 470
    Windows 10 Pro For Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #16

    thilkumarsen said:
    Windows says its not activated after adding mediacenter feature to Windows 10 using my own Windows 8 mediacenter key. Please advice
    Hi and Welcome to Ten Forums. You probably will need to call Microsoft and do a phone activation. You could always change the key to the one in this thread. Microsoft probably thinks you have the key in more than one OS.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 636
    Windows 10 PRO 64Bit
       #17

    I installed media center as per the instructions and everything worked BUT now the desktop background says Windows 8.1 Pro. I guess that is a small bug.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 78
    Vista/Win7/Win8/Win10 x86/x64
       #18

    Thanks, worked for me too,

    FYI, Yes and I noticed as well it changes the Desktop watermark to say Windows 8.1 but As Well look under Properties of My Computer (This PC) and here too it changes everything there to Windows 8.1 too, hmmmm, to bad it does that.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 1,092
    Win 10 Pro x64
       #19

    thilkumarsen said:
    Windows says its not activated after adding mediacenter feature to Windows 10 using my own Windows 8 mediacenter key. Please advice
    Indianatone said:
    Hi and Welcome to Ten Forums. You probably will need to call Microsoft and do a phone activation. You could always change the key to the one in this thread. Microsoft probably thinks you have the key in more than one OS.
    I had to use phone activation after using my key as well, there was no problem activating that way.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 4
    Windows 10
       #20

    derekimo said:
    I had to use phone activation after using my key as well, there was no problem activating that way.
    Thanks for the reply. I have now activated my pc through phone activation.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:55.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums