Does my machine support Windows 11 installation?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 5,457
    windows 10 Pro ver 22H2 build 19045.4355
       #1

    Does my machine support Windows 11 installation?


    Windows 10 Pro 64bit 6GB 128GB.
    Ver 22H2 OS Build 19045.2788
    I am sure the question has been asked zillion times.
    I am 79 yr.old , close to 80. I just don't have the energy to search through pages and pages of threads to find my answer.
    Below is the screenshot taken from my mini pc. Could I please have a kind member telling me if my mini pc is capable to be upgraded to Win 11 Pro. It's not the end of the world if it is not capable. I just want to know for a peace of mind.
    Thank you very much.
    Under Attestation, it says Not supported. That means a "no" for me?

    Does my machine support Windows 11 installation?-tpm-win-11.jpg
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 32,258
    10 Home x64 (22H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #2

    davidhk said:
    Below is the screenshot taken from my mini pc. Could I please have a kind member telling me if my mini pc is capable to be upgraded to Win 11 Pro. It's not the end of the world if it is not capable. I just want to know for a peace of mind.
    Thank you very much.
    Under Attestation, it says Not supported. That means a "no" for me?
    The important part is the 'Specification version 2.0'. That is TPM 2.0 which is a Windows 11 requirement.

    The other main requirements to be able to upgrade to Windows 11 are that you have a supported processor, and that you have a UEFI install of Windows 10 on a GPT formatted drive.

    Supported processors are listed here:

    Windows 11 supported AMD processors
    Windows 11 supported Intel processors
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 5,457
    windows 10 Pro ver 22H2 build 19045.4355
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Thank you, Bree.
    Unable to offer rep points to you. I was told to "spread" the points around. Guess you were the last one I gave rep to some time ago.
    I don't keep track on that.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 32,258
    10 Home x64 (22H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #4

    davidhk said:
    Thank you, Bree.
    Unable to offer rep points to you. I was told to "spread" the points around. Guess you were the last one I gave rep to some time ago.
    I don't keep track on that.
    Don't worry, your thanks is enough.

    The Attestation may be indicating that TPM is not enabled in your bios. If so then you'll need to enable it before you'll be able to upgrade.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 5,457
    windows 10 Pro ver 22H2 build 19045.4355
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Bree said:
    Don't worry, your thanks is enough.

    The Attestation may be indicating that TPM is not enabled in your bios. If so then you'll need to enable it before you'll be able to upgrade.
    OK. I used to be gungho on all the installs and upgrades. I could hardly wait for a new system to install. An "almost" 80 yr. old is no longer eager for such endeavour.
    Thank you for the info.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 2,279
    Windows 11 Pro 64-bit v23H2
       #6

    Use the PC Health Check app to see if your PC can run Windows 11.

    Download PC Health Check app
    https://aka.ms/GetPCHealthCheckApp
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 5,457
    windows 10 Pro ver 22H2 build 19045.4355
    Thread Starter
       #7

    MisterEd said:
    Use the PC Health Check app to see if your PC can run Windows 11.

    Download PC Health Check app
    https://aka.ms/GetPCHealthCheckApp
    Thank you.
    That puts the matter to rest. "Tar Tar " to Win 11 and back to my 3D printer.
    Does my machine support Windows 11 installation?-pc-health-check-win-11.jpg
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 32,258
    10 Home x64 (22H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #8

    davidhk said:
    Thank you.
    That puts the matter to rest. "Tar Tar " to Win 11 and back to my 3D printer.
    Does my machine support Windows 11 installation?-pc-health-check-win-11.jpg
    Not quite.

    If you really want Windows 11 then you can have it. There are known workarounds to upgrade or clean install Windows 11 on an unsupported device. It's only the initial setup that checks for compatibility. Once you've bypassed those checks and installed W11 it will run quite happily on almost anything.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 5,457
    windows 10 Pro ver 22H2 build 19045.4355
    Thread Starter
       #9

    Bree said:
    Not quite.

    If you really want Windows 11 then you can have it. There are known workarounds to upgrade or clean install Windows 11 on an unsupported device. It's only the initial setup that checks for compatibility. Once you've bypassed those checks and installed W11 it will run quite happily on almost anything.
    Really? Well, I shouldn't be surprised. There are always some sharp minds that will find ways to beat the system.
    I've been around Windows forums for over 30 years. I know reputable forums will not condone such endeavour. So, I won't ask.
    If I decide to give it a go, I'll go look for the "work arounds" myself.
    Thank you for the heads up.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 18,453
    Windows 11 Pro
       #10

    davidhk said:
    Really? Well, I shouldn't be surprised. There are always some sharp minds that will find ways to beat the system.
    I've been around Windows forums for over 30 years. I know reputable forums will not condone such endeavour. So, I won't ask.
    If I decide to give it a go, I'll go look for the "work arounds" myself.
    Thank you for the heads up.
    Maybe it's time you moved away from our whole series of disreputable forums then. Our big sister forum, elevenforum.com is loaded with the workarounds to install Windows 11 on incompatible hardware. Rufus has the functionality built-in, so stay away from Rufus.

    If there is one thing that I have never anyone say about tenforums, before you on your high, mighty and holy horse, is that we are disreputable.

    We are not telling anyone how to pirate Windows 11, nor are we telling people how to circumvent the EULA. We are simply telling people how to get past the hardware compatibility checks. And one way involves modifying absolutely nothing - you simply use the dism apply-image command from a bone stock USB flash drive created with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool. It's no different than telling someone how to use MiniTool Partition Wizard to format a partition over 32 GB in size with FAT32 which native Windows won't let you do.

    Good day to you, sir.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:28.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums