Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    30 Jun 2016 #11
    Join Date : Jun 2016
    Posts : 1
    Windows 7, 10

    Just had that problem


    Quote Originally Posted by Ankriiii View Post
    Hi! I've done this but I was also redirected to the part where it says "Getting Updates, checking for updates 0%" and there is no progress. Can you help me with this?

    Hoping for your suggestions. Thanks a lot!
    I just had that problem..

    I somehow got past that problem by stopping the windows update again, the same way as it says above ( win + R , services.msi , stop windows update service) and it works

    I think it's because the two updating services are banging into each-other and causing nothing to happen

    I hope it works, but I don't know much about this either
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    03 Jul 2016 #12
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Prescott
    Posts : 4
    windows 7 64bit

    Services.msc, windows update started again


    THANK YOU! That did it. 30 seconds later the screen changed and it went on.

    It hung at 22% and I looked at windows update and it was running again.
    Stopped it again and told it to be disabled until I set it back for delayed start after the upgrade.

    We'll see what happens.

    Almost immediately it was done and said do you want to install and save your files
    and now it is installing.

    Super suggestion. Just that it needed a bit more helping along.
    Thanks again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Creeper Math View Post
    I just had that problem..

    I somehow got past that problem by stopping the windows update again, the same way as it says above ( win + R , services.msi , stop windows update service) and it works

    I think it's because the two updating services are banging into each-other and causing nothing to happen

    I hope it works, but I don't know much about this either
    Last edited by carversmith; 03 Jul 2016 at 20:03. Reason: Additional information - 2
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    06 Jul 2016 #13
    Join Date : Jul 2016
    Posts : 1
    windows

    Quote Originally Posted by MaskMarvl View Post
    Note: I know the above is an old post but perhaps other people can benefit from this.

    Leave the Windows 10 Setup window as is and try this:

    1. Go to Services (Press Windows+R. This will prompt run dialogue box. In here, type services.msc) and stop the Windows Update Service.

    2. Go to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution and delete all of its contents.

    3. Restart the Weindows Update Service.

    4. Go back to the Windows 10 Setup window and you should see the process continue.

    Hope this works for you!
    hello there how do you restart windows update service
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    06 Jul 2016 #14
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Prescott
    Posts : 4
    windows 7 64bit

    After 10 has upgraded just go to
    services.msc, find windows update service the list and set it to Automatic delayed start.

    Quote Originally Posted by mgregoric420 View Post
    hello there how do you restart windows update service
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    07 Jul 2016 #15
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    CA, Upland
    Posts : 64
    Win 7 PRO x64, Win 10 Pro x64

    Thanks for this info, decided to take the upgrade again today to see if my stuff is now compatible and had this for hours as I slept.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    17 Jul 2016 #16
    Join Date : Jul 2016
    Posts : 1
    Windows 10

    [QUOTE=mgregoric420;726142]hello there how do you restart windows update service[/

    Go to Services (Press Windows+R. This will prompt run dialogue box. In here, type services.msc). Highlight Windows Update Service. Right click. Select Start.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    23 Jul 2016 #17
    Join Date : Jul 2016
    Posts : 1
    Windows 10

    Thanks, i've been upgrading my computers before the july 29 deadline. my "checking updates" was stuck for hours, the windows service stop trick worked!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    25 Jul 2016 #18
    Join Date : Jul 2016
    Posts : 1
    Windows 10

    I had stuck with the same problem for a few days. Then only by chance I changed to another route to upgrade, it checked my pc and then told me that my pc didn’t have enough space on hard drive. Once I knew what was the problem, I made the needed room, and the upgrading went smoothly.
    So my suggestion would be: to get “Windows10Upgrade9194.exe” from Microsoft official site, try it instead of “Windows 10 free upgrade.exe”. It worked for me, hope it work for you.
    Good luck.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    03 Aug 2016 #19
    Join Date : Aug 2016
    Posts : 1
    Windows 7

    Quote Originally Posted by MaskMarvl View Post
    Note: I know the above is an old post but perhaps other people can benefit from this.

    Leave the Windows 10 Setup window as is and try this:

    1. Go to Services (Press Windows+R. This will prompt run dialogue box. In here, type services.msc) and stop the Windows Update Service.

    2. Go to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution and delete all of its contents.

    3. Restart the Weindows Update Service.

    4. Go back to the Windows 10 Setup window and you should see the process continue.

    Hope this works for you!

    This work for me ...Thank You...
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    17 Aug 2016 #20
    Join Date : Aug 2016
    Posts : 1
    Windows 10

    Disconnect from the network, turn on Airplane mode. Once it figures out there is no internet it will move to the next steps
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows update not checking automatically for updates
Came to check my secondary machine which usually remains locked but powered on and windows update said your device is up to date last checked 06/08/15 at 23:01, today is 12/08/15. Anyone else seeing this?
Windows Updates and Activation
Error 0x80240438 when checking for updates
Hello. I cannot check for updates in Windows 10 9926. I get the error 0x80240438. I already tried disabling my antivirus, didn't help.
Windows Updates and Activation
Insider Checking in on the Windows Insider Program
Source...
Windows 10 News
Insider Checking in on the Windows Insider Program
More: Checking in on the Windows Insider Program
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums