MBR2GPT shows this error: Disk layout validation failed for disk 1

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

  1. Apu
    Posts : 30
    Windows 10
       #1

    MBR2GPT shows this error: Disk layout validation failed for disk 1


    Hi! i'm new in this forum and i've been reading posts about my same situation but i'm not sure of anything about other case than mine. this is my disk management:
    MBR2GPT shows this error: Disk layout validation failed for disk 1-screenshot-2021-10-13-194425.jpg
    It's in spansih bc of my configuration but i think it is understood.
    Both of my disk are SSD and i install windows on disk 1. I don't want to format my disk and install windows with the disk 0 unplugged, because i don't know if that will solve my problem, so... someone here could help me? please :)
      My Computer

  2. Samuria's Avatar
    Posts : 6,561
    windows 10
       #2

    Welcome to the forum. you boot from disk 0 not disk 1 that is the problem first parition on disk 0 is the ones set as active so the only one that can boot. What exactley are you trying to do and why?
      My Computer


  3. Apu
    Posts : 30
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Samuria said:
    Welcome to the forum. you boot from disk 0 not disk 1 that is the problem first parition on disk 0 is the ones set as active so the only one that can boot. What exactley are you trying to do and why?
    I want to install windows 11 but i can't use the mbr2gpt comand. i was thinking that the partition on disk 0 need to be in disk 1 for use the comand and solve the problem but i don't know how to move the partition if it's possible.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 39,175
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #4

    Please change the default language to English then:

    Add, Remove, and Change Display Language in Windows 10

    Change Display Language in Windows 10



    a) post a new image of disk management making sure that columns are widened: volume and status

    How to Post a Screenshot of Disk Management



    b) run these scripts:

    Tuneup_plus_log.bat Click here to go to the BSOD batch repository to download and run this batch file.


    DiskParInfo.bat - Click here to go to the BSOD batch repository to download and run this batch file.



    3) Download and install Mini Tool Partition Wizard > click launch > post an image into this thread

    Best Free Partition Manager for Windows | MiniTool Partition Wizard Free
      My Computer


  5. Apu
    Posts : 30
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #5

    zbook said:
    Please change the default language to English then:

    Add, Remove, and Change Display Language in Windows 10

    Change Display Language in Windows 10



    a) post a new image of disk management making sure that columns are widened: volume and status

    How to Post a Screenshot of Disk Management



    b) run these scripts:

    Tuneup_plus_log.bat Click here to go to the BSOD batch repository to download and run this batch file.


    DiskParInfo.bat - Click here to go to the BSOD batch repository to download and run this batch file.



    3) Download and install Mini Tool Partition Wizard > click launch > post an image into this thread

    Best Free Partition Manager for Windows | MiniTool Partition Wizard Free
    MBR2GPT shows this error: Disk layout validation failed for disk 1-screenshot-2021-10-13-213800.jpg
    Here's the disk management in english with the info.
    Where i need to run those scripts? and for what are they for?
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 39,175
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #6

    Please click on the links.
    They will each open a new webpage with instructions.

    The scripts will check the operating system, component store, and drive file system, and display information about the disks and partitions.


    See if you can widen the columns for disk management.
    See the link with instructions.
    For example: widen each column so that none of the characters are cutoff
      My Computer



  7. Apu
    Posts : 30
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #7

    zbook said:
    Please click on the links.
    They will each open a new webpage with instructions.

    The scripts will check the operating system, component store, and drive file system, and display information about the disks and partitions.


    See if you can widen the columns for disk management.
    See the link with instructions.
    For example: widen each column so that none of the characters are cutoff
    i'm gonna do it tomorrow, i need to do some things now. Thank you for helping me :)
    I promise i will post tomorrow all the things you asked me.
      My Computer

  8. NavyLCDR's Avatar
    Posts : 16,588
    Windows 11 Pro
       #8

    Your problem is simple. The system reserved partition is on a different physical disk then your OS partition is.
      My Computer

  9. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 12,649
    Windows10
       #9

    As @NavyLCDR, problem is because system rerservrd partition is on wrong drive.

    You can fix this using tool like minitool partition wizard free.

    Steps are
    1) Shrink C drive by size of Sustem reserved partition.

    2) copy msr partition from drive 0 to drive 1 in newly unallocated space.

    3) mark system reserved partition active.

    4) disconnect drive 0 and check pc boots ok.

    5) If it boots ok, you can remove old partition.

    Whatever you do, I recoommend you image backup drive 1 and the system reserved partition on drive 0 first.
      My Computer

  10. Megahertz's Avatar
    Posts : 3,319
    Windows 7 HP 64 - Windows 10 Pro - Lubuntu
       #10

    If you still don't have Minitool Partition, download it from here.
    Follow cereberus instructions
      My Computers


 
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:47.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums