Windows 10: Downgrading after clean Install of windows 10 Solved

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    23 Aug 2015 #21

    Hey Slartybart

    thanks for all your help, When I try to use the f11 method my computer would beep a couple of time, but it would not go to a recovery page, which is why I used the "restart + shift" method. I am only saying this cause I wanted to make sure that that I tried this method correctly.

    And as for your question,
    my computer is still on windows 10, but the reason I want to downgrade is because hp hasn't released the proper drivers for my graphics card, touch pen and a few other functions. I don't have any back-ups before my windows 10 but there is a windows.old file which have appeared after I restored my computer. But I think that it's just my old version of windows, cause I can't use it to recover my windows 7.

    but I just wanted to double check one more piece of information you said that I could use a key of another computer? so I have a windows 7 pro, could I used my brothers key if he already updated to windows 10, he also had the same windows and he still has his COA sticker cause I don't have one on my computer.

      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    23 Aug 2015 #22

    Hey So I Would like to thank you all, I have contact hp and they are send me a repair disc with my old operating system on it they really do have awesome service.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       23 Aug 2015 #23

    Obizan said: View Post
    Hey Slartybart

    thanks for all your help, When I try to use the f11 method my computer would beep a couple of time, but it would not go to a recovery page, which is why I used the "restart + shift" method. I am only saying this cause I wanted to make sure that I tried this method correctly.

    And as for your question,
    my computer is still on windows 10, but the reason I want to downgrade is because hp hasn't released the proper drivers for my graphics card, touch pen and a few other functions. I don't have any back-ups before my windows 10 but there is a windows.old file which have appeared after I restored my computer. But I think that it's just my old version of windows, cause I can't use it to recover my windows 7.

    but I just wanted to double check one more piece of information you said that I could use a key of another computer? so I have a windows 7 pro, could I used my brothers key if he already updated to windows 10, he also had the same windows and he still has his COA sticker cause I don't have one on my computer.
    Yeah, that's why I originally said "If the F11 option still works ..." it didn't
    The restart+shift was a good idea, but I wanted to see if the HP recovery op still worked, it didn't

    Then I realized that the Recovery partition on your drive was way too small for Hp Recovery, so I abandoned the idea completely.

    Don't count on HP to keep the drivers up to date after about a year's time. Let me rephrase that, don't count on HP updating older model support pages after about a year's time. They do house newer drivers, they don't make it easy to find them though. MS is managing Windows drivers though WU - they get the driver from the OEM and run it though a slew of tests on a slew of machines. Then they offer it through WU - that's the best place to get drivers now-a-days.

    A case in point - the finger-print reader on my dv6 stopped working about a year after I bought the box, Validity, the software vendor was bought and sold a few times and there wasn't a good driver for 2 or 3 years, even when the dust cleared, the driver supplied by Validity had issues. I had given up ... unit I started testing Win10 ... WU supplied a driver for the fingerprint reader was loaded and it worked! And it was a Validity driver. So do not discount Windows Updates and drivers - I did before Win7, then Win8 was nearly perfect and Win10 follows that track record.

    You can look in Windows.old to see what's there. Check the Users folder - if your data is there, copy it someplace safe.

    Sorry, no you cannot use another key. You can use another disc.
    But... now I see that you do not have the COA sticker on your machine.

    Obizan said: View Post
    Hey So I Would like to thank you all, I have contact hp and they are send me a repair disc with my old operating system on it they really do have awesome service.
    This is GREAT news Obizan.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 29,389
    Dual boot Windows 10 Pro x 64 CU build 15063 & Insider Build 16251
       24 Aug 2015 #24

    Obizan said: View Post
    Hey So I Would like to thank you all, I have contact hp and they are send me a repair disc with my old operating system on it they really do have awesome service.
    You're quite welcome, Obizan. We're all glad to be of help.

    Good idea on your brother's keys, but did you try a key program such as Showkey - Windows 10 Forums or other such programs by any chance?

    Glad to read you obtained good service from an OEM.

    So far as drivers are concerned, MS has a site for those, which is handy. You must use IE with an extension that will be asked to be downloaded when there. Microsoft Update Catalog
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    24 Aug 2015 #25

    HippsieGypsie said: View Post
    You must use IE with an extension that will be asked to be downloaded when there. Microsoft Update Catalog
    Hi HG,

    FYI, After changing my default browser to IE, I'm still seeing this page from your link.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hg.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	33561
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 29,389
    Dual boot Windows 10 Pro x 64 CU build 15063 & Insider Build 16251
       24 Aug 2015 #26

    DavidG said: View Post
    Hi HG,

    FYI, After changing my default browser to IE, I'm still seeing this page from your link.
    Not sure, David. Mine installed without a problem. Perhaps it didn't install or install properly? Go to Settings in IE (gear icon/button) > Select "Manage add-ons" > Select "All add-ons" in the "Show" menu. Is "Microsoft Update Catalog" listed?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IE Addons Snip.PNG 
Views:	1 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	33565

    I'm sure IE 11 is listed in "About" in your settings, but are your current with updates? Mine are set as seen below.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	About IE.PNG 
Views:	18 
Size:	13.4 KB 
ID:	33566

    I know you're a new member, but so as not to disrupt another's thread with problem(s), it is generally not courteous to post your own problem here. It's called "high jacking a thread". Either send someone a PM, post a Visitor message in a profile, or start another thread in the proper category on the forum's home page.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    24 Aug 2015 #27

    HippsieGypsie said: View Post
    I know you're a new member, but so as not to disrupt another's thread with problem(s), it is generally not courteous to post your own problem here. It's called "high jacking a thread". Either send someone a PM, post a Visitor message in a profile, or start another thread in the proper category on the forum's home page.
    I will send you a PM later, I understand about hijacking a thread. I thought I was addressing a problem with your link not my Internet Explorer (version 11.0.10240.16413).
    Sorry if I offended anyone I though this thread was almost finished, and I was just trying to check interesting links.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 29,389
    Dual boot Windows 10 Pro x 64 CU build 15063 & Insider Build 16251
       24 Aug 2015 #28

    DavidG said: View Post
    I will send you a PM later, I understand about hijacking a thread. I thought I was addressing a problem with your link not my Internet Explorer (version 11.0.10240.16413).
    Sorry if I offended anyone I though this thread was almost finished, and I was just trying to check interesting links.
    Yes, he does have it marked solved, but not all replies have been answered. I'm quite sure he'll understand this once. It's also in your best interest also. I may not have an answer or the correct one.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    24 Aug 2015 #29

    HippsieGypsie said: View Post
    Yes, he does have it marked solved, but not all replies have been answered. I'm quite sure he'll understand this once. It's also in your best interest also. I may not have an answer or the correct one.
    Your link worked that time.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Related Threads
Solved Need help downgrading to windows 7 in Installation and Upgrade
I get this message whenever I try to downgrade There is NO other accounts, I already checked. I also typed this in CMD just to make sure "Net user administrator /active:no HELP !!
When I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7, it worked fine for the next few hours then i couldnt acess the log in screen it was just stuck on the slider and then it flickers. tried to trouble shoot, system restore, clean installed (using...
Hope this has not been asked before. I have the Windows 7 disc which I purchased and since then have upgraded to Windows 8 & 8.1 via the Windows Store. When Windows 10 is released I'd like to do a fresh install. Does anyone know if this will...
Clean install of Windows 8.1 in General Support
I know this isn't the EightForums but I've not logged on there for some time now. I need to clean install Windows 8.1 and having trouble finding an up-to-date guide. At the beginning of this year I followed this guide which worked nicely but it...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01.
Find Us