Cannot see HDD when trying to do clean install of W10


  1. Posts : 371
    w10 1803
       #1

    Cannot see HDD when trying to do clean install of W10


    doing a clean install for my mate
    he's just bought a HP Pavillion and wants a clean install
    I have the recovery media on USB
    laptop boots no problem from it
    however when getting to install page I see NO HDD
    see pic attached
    why is this?
    thoughts and advice please

    TIA Bart
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cannot see HDD when trying to do clean install of W10-img_20210410_152800.jpg  
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 6,917
    windows 10
       #2

    What exactley are you boot from? Try the latest from https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/soft...load/windows10

    Check in the bios is the drive there? Hp has some funny drive setting from Intel that protects to drive check they are off
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 371
    w10 1803
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Samuria said:
    What exactley are you boot from? Try the latest from https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/soft...load/windows10

    Check in the bios is the drive there? Hp has some funny drive setting from Intel that protects to drive check they are off
    I'm booting off a sandisk USB

    drive is there under physical disk info in the bios
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 16,017
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit v1909 - Build 18363 Custom ISO Install
       #4

    Hello @bartjunited,

    [1] Did it BOOT OK previously WITHOUT the USB inserted?
    [2] Check that the HDD is pushed securely into the pins.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 371
    w10 1803
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Paul Black said:
    Hello @bartjunited,

    [1] Did it BOOT OK previously WITHOUT the USB inserted?
    [2] Check that the HDD is pushed securely into the pins.
    its a brand new machine
    boots no problem
    I set it up normally and took an image of it with all the bloatware
    and now trying to do a clean install with just w10
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 16,017
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit v1909 - Build 18363 Custom ISO Install
       #6

    Hello @bartjunited,

    The ISO could be corrupted!

    Try downloading another ISO as per Samuria's post or from one of the following . . .

    ISO Resources - Including MS Servers:

    > Download Windows 10 Disc Image [ ISO File ]
    > Media Creation Tool & ISO Downloader - Rufus
    > TechBench by WZT - Includes OLDER Windows 10 ISO's - RECOMMENDED
    > UUP Dump - Download UUP Files from Windows Update Servers with Ease.
    > Windows 10 ISO & Office ISO Download Tool – Heidoc
    > Windows ISO - Windows 10 Download Database

    I hope this helps.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 821
    Win 10
       #7

    @bartjunited

    Maybe that problem?

    HP PCs - No Drives Can Be Found During Windows 10 Installation (Intel 11th Generation processors) | HP® Customer Support

    Friendly greetings

    Sorry for any mistakes. English is not my native language.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 17,278
    Windows 11 Pro
       #8

    I'm pretty sure @Tekkie Boy posted the correct solution.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 371
    w10 1803
    Thread Starter
       #9

    Tekkie Boy said:
    @bartjunited

    Maybe that problem?

    HP PCs - No Drives Can Be Found During Windows 10 Installation (Intel 11th Generation processors) | HP® Customer Support

    Friendly greetings

    Sorry for any mistakes. English is not my native language.
    thank you sooooooooooooooooooooo much this was the solution
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 821
    Win 10
       #10

    @bartjunited

    Thanks for the feedback.


    Stay safe and take care!
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:07.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums