Fresh install. version 2004 or 20H2 v2?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 468
    Windows 10 Pro version 21H2
       #1

    Fresh install. version 2004 or 20H2 v2?


    I must install a new copy because using the Desktop for testing software, policies, and display settings left me with numerous problems of my own own making. The releases of both versions were downloaded about three weeks ago.

    Which should I install?
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 17,642
    Win 10 Home 10.0.19044.1706 (x64) [21H2]
       #2

    ineuw said:
    I must install a new copy because using the Desktop for testing software, policies, and display settings left me with numerous problems of my own own making. The releases of both versions were downloaded about three weeks ago.

    Which should I install?


    20H2.

    In approx. 2 months we'll be moving to 21H1.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 468
    Windows 10 Pro version 21H2
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Ghot said:
    20H2. In approx. 2 months we'll be moving to 21H1.
    Thanks. If the new release is so close, I assume that 20H2 v2 is stable. Twice I tried to use v1 and both times had to revert.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 17,642
    Win 10 Home 10.0.19044.1706 (x64) [21H2]
       #4

    ineuw said:
    Thanks. If the new release is so close, I assume that 20H2 v2 is stable. Twice I tried to use v1 and both times had to revert.


    It was probably just a lot of little errors collected over time.
    There are a lot of people on here that aren't having any problems with 20H2.

    Most of us also use Macrium Reflect backup software... Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free

    With good backup software, it's hard to have the problems pile up on you.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 468
    Windows 10 Pro version 21H2
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Thanks, just finished the mirror.

    P.S: I will keep on experimenting with the new version as well.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 15,992
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit v1909 - Build 18363 Custom ISO Install
       #6

    Hello @ineuw,

    ineuw said:
    I must install a new copy because using the Desktop for testing software, policies, and display settings left me with numerous problems of my own own making.

    Just a suggestion.

    If you are going to embark on such things as customisation or testing, create a System Image prior to this. That way, you learn what does and does NOT work, and you can then revert the OS back to the exact same state prior to testing in a very short time.

    I hope this helps.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 468
    Windows 10 Pro version 21H2
    Thread Starter
       #7

    The 2021-02-27 WIN10P_20H2_V2_LATIN_US iso download is looking for a media driver but doesn't say which so the download is useless. 6+ Gb
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 15,992
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit v1909 - Build 18363 Custom ISO Install
       #8

    Hello @ineuw,

    ineuw said:
    The 2021-02-27 WIN10P_20H2_V2_LATIN_US iso download is looking for a media driver but doesn't say which so the download is useless. 6+ Gb

    I do NOT quite follow what you are talking about, I have never seen members having a similar message.

    You could try downloading the ISO from one of the following . . .

    ISO Resources - Including MS Servers:

    > Media Creation Tool & ISO Downloader - Rufus - RECOMMENDED
    > TechBench by WZT - Includes OLDER Windows 10 ISO's - RECOMMENDED
    > UUP Dump - Download UUP Files from Windows Update Servers with Ease.



    Then create a Bootable USB by using the following . . .

    Create USB:

    > How to Create Bootable USB Installer if install.wim is Greater than 4GB
    > How to Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10 from



    I hope this helps.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 468
    Windows 10 Pro version 21H2
    Thread Starter
       #9

    Paul Black said:
    Hello @ineuw,
    ISO Resources - Including MS Servers:

    Media Creation Tool & ISO Downloader - Rufus - RECOMMENDED
    My primary media creation tool is Rufus which was used to create this live USB, I also used the Media Creation tool. I am not a novice at this. I have various versions of Windows 10 iso's, because I do volunteer computer support for the elderly with older (MBR) equipment, with French language installation & support.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 15,992
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit v1909 - Build 18363 Custom ISO Install
       #10

    Hello @ineuw,

    ineuw said:
    My primary media creation tool is Rufus which was used to create this live USB, I also used the Media Creation tool. I am not a novice at this. I have various versions of Windows 10 iso's, because I do volunteer computer support for the elderly with older (MBR) equipment, with French language installation & support.

    I did NOT intend to insult or upset you, but we have NO idea of a members computer capabilities or experience. That is why we tend to give them as MUCH information as possible.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:47.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums