New thread to Tekkie Boy...  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

  1. WXC
    Posts : 12,468
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 22H2 19045.3693
       #1

    New thread to Tekkie Boy...


    @Tekkie Boy,

    I am so sorry for taking your time.

    Hopefully the following link will be what you need from WeTrasnfer... WeTransfer

    This is in reference to another thread... Can't update error 0x800f0900 and can't install from .ISO 0x8007001F
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 40,988
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #2

    Please run:

    Tuneup.bat - Click here to go to the BSOD batch repository to download and run this batch file.

    LOGS.bat - Click here to go to the BSOD batch repository to download and run this batch file.

    V2 and DM: BSOD - Posting Instructions
    How to Upload and Post Screenshots and Files at Ten Forums

    For share links please use one drive, drop box, or google drive.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 850
    Win 10
       #3

    @WXC

    Thanks for the log files.
    To be honest, I don't see any current error in it that points to 0x800f081f.
    Press the Windows Button, type cmd and then select the option "Run as administrator".
    In the command prompt window run the following command:

    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

    Do you then get the error code 0x800f081f displayed?

    Btw:
    Please open a new thread in the future if you have a problem and need help.
    And then choose a suitable thread heading.
    If you join a thread with a completely different error, it just creates confusion.


    Friendly greetings

    Sorry for any mistakes. English is not my native language.
      My Computer


  4. WXC
    Posts : 12,468
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 22H2 19045.3693
    Thread Starter
       #4

    Tekkie Boy said:
    @WXC

    Thanks for the log files.
    To be honest, I don't see any current error in it that points to 0x800f081f.
    Press the Windows Button, type cmd and then select the option "Run as administrator".
    In the command prompt window run the following command:

    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

    Do you then get the error code 0x800f081f displayed?

    Btw:
    Please open a new thread in the future if you have a problem and need help.
    And then choose a suitable thread heading.
    If you join a thread with a completely different error, it just creates confusion.


    Friendly greetings

    Sorry for any mistakes. English is not my native language.
    Thank you @Tekkie Boy,

    I will indeed follow your advice in future postings.

    Okay, so I ran the DISM command from an Admin. Command, and once again it returns error: 0x800f081f

    "The source files could not be found.
    Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature"

    Then it references a Microsoft link, and directs me to where the DISM log file can be found.


    Perhaps it's a lost cause. As I remarked earlier, it seems to have no affect on anything that I have noticed as of yet, as far as operation of my PC. Hopefully the next update will repair it.

    I thank you very much for your time and help! Wishing you health and safety.

    W

    I will now mark the thread as 'solved'.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 40,988
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #5

    Can you post results from post #2?
      My Computer


  6. WXC
    Posts : 12,468
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 22H2 19045.3693
    Thread Starter
       #6

    Sorry zbook, I seen now that you wrote post "#2", I have not attempted to follow those instructions. Let me see what I can get done. Then I will follow up with you.


    Zbrook, I think for now I am going to leave well enough alone. If this persist after the next round of updates, then I will take it further. I hope you understand. At the moment nothing bad is happening to my PC, it was just something I noticed and could not explain.

    I certainly appreciate your time. Stay safe.
    Last edited by WXC; 21 Feb 2021 at 10:40.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 850
    Win 10
       #7

    Thanks for your information.

    Please upload the new log from the path
    C:\Windows\Logs\CBS

    and from

    C:\Windows\Logs\Dism

    also on wetransfer and share the link here please.

    Thanks
      My Computer


  8. WXC
    Posts : 12,468
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 22H2 19045.3693
    Thread Starter
       #8

    Tekkie Boy said:
    Thanks for your information.

    Please upload the new log from the path
    C:\Windows\Logs\CBS

    and from

    C:\Windows\Logs\Dism

    also on wetransfer and share the link here please.

    Thanks
    @Tekkie Boy,

    I am sorry for the delay, sir.

    Here are the files you requested... WeTransfer

    If you see nothing, then I will leave it alone until next windows update.

    Thank you, stay safe. Kind Regards to you and yours.

    - - - Updated - - -

    WXC said:
    @Tekkie Boy,

    I am sorry for the delay, sir.

    Here are the files you requested... WeTransfer

    If you see nothing, then I will leave it alone until next windows update.

    Thank you, stay safe. Kind Regards to you and yours.

    PS. I ran SFCFix three times, and it found nothing.

    - - - Updated - - -
    @Tekkie Boy

    - - - Updated - - -

    ...an anomaly perhaps?
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 850
    Win 10
       #9

    Thanks again.

    In the log files uploaded today, the DISM protocol has the data from February 22nd. and has no information whatsoever that the DISM Restorehealth command was executed.

    The same applies to the CBS protocol. In the case of the CBS log, the data from February 20 is no longer available and the last archived log is from December 8, 2020.

    That makes me suspect that the logs will be deleted.

    If you're not deleting the logs, something is wrong with the system.

    Did you perform an in-place upgrade after December 8th, 2020?
      My Computer


  10. WXC
    Posts : 12,468
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 22H2 19045.3693
    Thread Starter
       #10

    Tekkie Boy said:
    Thanks again.

    In the log files uploaded today, the DISM protocol has the data from February 22nd. and has no information whatsoever that the DISM Restorehealth command was executed.

    The same applies to the CBS protocol. In the case of the CBS log, the data from February 20 is no longer available and the last archived log is from December 8, 2020.

    That makes me suspect that the logs will be deleted.

    If you're not deleting the logs, something is wrong with the system.

    Did you perform an in-place upgrade after December 8th, 2020?

    No sir, I have/did not.

    Any further suggestion? Or shall I wait until next months update, and see what happens?

    I do however, run CCleaner each evening before shutting down. Could that be it?


    I can run DISM restore health now, if you wish.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:37.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums