My MSconfig boot tab is empty, and I can't fix it

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

  1. Posts : 21,421
    19044.1586 - 21H2 Pro x64
       #81

    @NavyLCDR,
    I'd like some insight into why we couldn't fix this problem without a clean install since the PC was booting into Windows - if you could enlighten me/us and of course you know the answer.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 18,430
    Windows 11 Pro
       #82

    Sometimes it's just plain easier. And gives you a standard disk layout. Somewhere along the all the suggestions from different people there were two EFI system partitions created on the disk, for one thing.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 21,421
    19044.1586 - 21H2 Pro x64
       #83

    NavyLCDR said:
    Sometimes it's just plain easier. And gives you a standard disk layout. Somewhere along the all the suggestions from different people there were two EFI system partitions created on the disk, for one thing.
    In the beginning, there were no EFI partitions I saw on OPs Disk Management screenshots. If two were created, couldn't one or both be deleted, then create another and keep going?
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 18,430
    Windows 11 Pro
       #84

    steve108 said:
    In the beginning, there were no EFI partitions I saw on OPs Disk Management screenshots. If two were created, couldn't one or both be deleted, then create another and keep going?
    Posts #47, #53, and #58 were failures. In my opinion instead of wasting days trying to fix what was broken, just start over. The OP then had the option to restore the old C: drive partition once the SSD was setup fresh by Windows setup. They chose to stick with the clean install.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 21,421
    19044.1586 - 21H2 Pro x64
       #85

    NavyLCDR said:
    Posts #47, #53, and #58 were failures. In my opinion instead of wasting days trying to fix what was broken, just start over. The OP then had the option to restore the old C: drive partition once the SSD was setup fresh by Windows setup. They chose to stick with the clean install.
    Ok, thanks I missed that they could have restored C: and kept installed apps and files.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 30
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #86

    I wanna close this thread by thanking each and everyone of you for helping out :) Srsly thanks guys.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 21,421
    19044.1586 - 21H2 Pro x64
       #87

    agiyx said:
    I wanna close this thread by thanking each and everyone of you for helping out :) Srsly thanks guys.
    Glad we could help you
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:57.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums