Windows 10: Upgrade: Windows update vs ISO Solved

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    18 Aug 2015 #11

    bobkn said: View Post
    A detail: Windows 8 has a built-in utility to mount an ISO. 7 does not.
    I don't see this option in Windows 8, though i am sure it was available in one of my Windows 8.1 machine. Am i missing on something with settings on Windows 8?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    18 Aug 2015 #12

    im gonna chime in here instead of making a new thread, as I couldnt find the proper "answer" to a question similar to the OP posted.

    Will using the w10 media creation tool and using the "upgrade this PC" option, properly activate my w10 the same way as doing the free upgrade via "windows update" does?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 705
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       18 Aug 2015 #13

    knugelknut said: View Post
    Will using the w10 media creation tool and using the "upgrade this PC" option, properly activate my w10 the same way as doing the free upgrade via "windows update" does?
    Yes it will. It occasionally performs better too.

    Don't forget to do an image backup first (or at least a backup of any important files)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    18 Aug 2015 #14

    knugelknut said: View Post
    im gonna chime in here instead of making a new thread, as I couldnt find the proper "answer" to a question similar to the OP posted.

    Will using the w10 media creation tool and using the "upgrade this PC" option, properly activate my w10 the same way as doing the free upgrade via "windows update" does?
    Yep same thing just no waiting. You get the same upgrade. I go along with Whyme on this one. Never hurts to back up your data.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    18 Aug 2015 #15

    WhyMe said: View Post
    Yes it will. It occasionally performs better too.

    Don't forget to do an image backup first (or at least a backup of any important files)
    Charlie said: View Post
    Yep same thing just no waiting. You get the same upgrade. I go along with Whyme on this one. Never hurts to back up your data.
    cheers guys! and thanks for the quick reply
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 19
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    Thread Starter
       22 Aug 2015 #16

    Thanks for the help. Upgraded fro a mounted ISO with MagicISO.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    22 Aug 2015 #17

    PauloLib said: View Post
    Thanks for the help. Upgraded fro a mounted ISO with MagicISO.
    MagicISO haven't made an update in 5 years use Imgburn instead (this is just my recommendation you don't have to use it).
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    25 Aug 2015 #18

    xxx
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Related Threads
Hi, I am using Windows 7 SP1 . My upgrade to windows 10 is ready via windows update but i don't want to install it. Any idea how to remove this option so that normal system updates can be install. Thanks. 28821
Windows won't let me update windows 7 unless I'm installing 10, which is downloaded. I changed my mind because of the stuff I'll have to pay to upgrade and a program that I use daily but won't exist in Windows 10. How do I just remove it?
Hi, I am using Windows 7 SP1 . My upgrade to windows 10 is ready via windows update but i don't want to install it. Any idea how to remove this option so that normal system updates can be install. Thanks. 28828
I don't know why, but I can't seem to upgrade to Windows 10 using Windows Update. The installation just doesn't happen, and whenever I go to the update history all "Upgrade to Windows 10 Home" entries show as unsuccessfull. So what I did was...
Solved Windows Update Prompting an Upgrade to Tech Preview in Windows Updates and Activation
Hello all, I'm running Windows 7 Ult x64 and I continue to receive this notification upon startup: 6047 Showing more details: 6049 Any ideas on how to remove? It's quite annoying. Choosing "Hide Update" doesn't work.
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:28.
Find Us