Windows 10: Need an iso for windows 10

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    18 Aug 2015 #11

    patilkk said: View Post
    I got it. But is there any way of offline upgrading; As I use proxy authenticated Internet, which windows wont go through to upgrade
    As i included. "It saves your Computer/Machine related information on Microsoft Servers that you activated Windows 10 via free upgrading." I think you will somehow need a non-proxy internet environment to upgrade your windows 7.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    18 Aug 2015 #12

    WindowsUser said: View Post
    As i included. "It saves your Computer/Machine related information on Microsoft Servers that you activated Windows 10 via free upgrading." I think you will somehow need a non-proxy internet environment to upgrade your windows 7.

    Oh Ok. I got it now. Thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    14 Dec 2015 #13

    WindowsUser said: View Post
    @patilkk, ...when you upgrade your previous activated windows to Windows 10. It saves your Computer/Machine related information on Microsoft Servers that you activated Windows 10 via free upgrading.
    Hi, I have registered just to ask this: Are you able to tell the EXACTLY moment this happes? As the topic's author, I'm behind an authenticated proxy and we are wondering what would be the smoothest way to upgrade our desktops with OEM Windows 7, 8 and 8.1. So if we're upgrading a workstation, do I need to provide full access to internet without any kind of authentication? What if I don't? The information is gone forever or is there a way to tell Windows to upload my machine informations again to Microsoft servers?

    Any suggestions?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 26,802
    Windows10Pro 64Bit - Build 14393.1198
       14 Dec 2015 #14

    digobora said: View Post
    Hi, I have registered just to ask this: Are you able to tell the EXACTLY moment this happes? As the topic's author, I'm behind an authenticated proxy and we are wondering what would be the smoothest way to upgrade our desktops with OEM Windows 7, 8 and 8.1. So if we're upgrading a workstation, do I need to provide full access to internet without any kind of authentication? What if I don't? The information is gone forever or is there a way to tell Windows to upload my machine informations again to Microsoft servers?

    Any suggestions?
    Read this tutorial and see if it helps you understand the process. Their are different ways to upgrade your computers. This is one method.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...on.html?filter
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 26,802
    Windows10Pro 64Bit - Build 14393.1198
       14 Dec 2015 #15

    You could also read this method to upgrade your computers.
    Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    14 Dec 2015 #16

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    Read this tutorial and see if it helps you understand the process. Their are different ways to upgrade your computers. This is one method.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...on.html?filter
    Thank you, I have read the whole tutorial. Let me bring up some context. We have about 300 identical workstations running Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 in our Microsoft Active Directory Domain. License is OEM, not Volume. We keep our machines up to date with WSUS and definitions are set by GPO. Users are not able to change it. There is an authenticated proxy, integrated to AD, which let users access external world only on 80 and 443 TCP ports. The problems here are:


    1) Easiest way to distribute installation. As you can imagine, we can't just let users go ahead and download Windows 10 from Microsoft, as it would put down our internet connection. So is there a simple way to provide it in our LAN? Is this already possible to make it available throught WSUS?


    2) How to activate Windows 10 installation. We know that the new installation will somehow 'trust' the existing activation. Someone in this topic said how this works, but it is still cloudy for me. How can I know if the upload to Microsoft Servers was successful? How does it work in details? Is this an upload to a specific domain on a port different from 80 and 443? Is this TCP or UDP (if it is udp I won't see it using netstat)? And what happens if it fails on installation? The information is gone forever or is there a way to tell Windows to upload my machine informations again to Microsoft servers? What about using Windows 8.1 key on Windows 10. Does it really works, even with OEM installations?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:55.
Find Us