Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1.    16 Aug 2015 #31

    Quote Originally Posted by Slartybart View Post
    Ok - there seems to be an underlying issue with the drive ... I want o be be sure that the Disk Check was run automatically when the machine was restarted.

    Please follow OPTION TWO To Create .txt file on Desktop with chkdsk Results Log in this tutorial and post the Event log info for the Check disk entries.

    Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log - Windows 7 Help Forums

    I'm not sure that the disc you have is set up correctly - it sounds as though you just copied the ISO to the disc - is that correct?
    It can still be used as a source for Dism, but the disk errors should be fixed first.

    Here is the results:
    ISO corruption ,  very annoying. Attached Files
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    16 Aug 2015 #32

    Quote Originally Posted by Ztruker View Post
    KYHI posted directions on how to fix it here: http://www.eightforums.com/network-s...tml#post512897 (written for 8 but valid for 10 as well).

    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

    Error: 0x800f0906
    The source files could not be downloaded.


    I can't seem to find where to download the below :




    • Step 1: Download and Extract > RESTOREHEALTH v2.ZIP
      Step 2: Insert your Windows Setup Media ( Mounted ISO or DVD or USB )
      Step 3: Right Click on RESTOREHEALTH v2.CMD and Run as Administrator




      My System Specs
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    16 Aug 2015 #33
    Join Date : Apr 2014
    Space coast of Florida
    Posts : 5,369
    Windows 10 Pro X64 16299.19

    I sent KYHI a PM asking where it can be downloaded from. Mean time I'll attach it here as I downloaded it previously.

    RESTOREHEALTH v2.zip
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    16 Aug 2015 #34

    Quote Originally Posted by Ztruker View Post
    I sent KYHI a PM asking where it can be downloaded from. Mean time I'll attach it here as I downloaded it previously.

    RESTOREHEALTH v2.zip

    Ok, seems like it found the source file but got an error code, see screenshot:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot (3).png  
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    16 Aug 2015 #35

    Quote Originally Posted by Ztruker View Post
    I sent KYHI a PM asking where it can be downloaded from. Mean time I'll attach it here as I downloaded it previously.

    RESTOREHEALTH v2.zip

    Thanks for taking the time to do that .
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    16 Aug 2015 #36
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Penns Forrest
    Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3

    Quote Originally Posted by fredc View Post
    Here is the results:
    Thanks fred,

    Those are fairly standard chkdsk errors and the reports say they are corrected.

    I know you're following two paths and you're really doing a great job.

    When you get the chance, please run another Check Disk with the /f option, post the event log as before.

    I need to think about why the errors occur and what the proper command(s) are to get past that.

    In and elevated Commnad Prompt, run
    chkdsk C: /f
    *** this should prompt you to schedule the check on the next boot, answer yes

    Restart your machine - Disk Check will run before Windows loads

    Post the event log and
    Try SFC again.

    Maybe the dism restore health will fix the Win10 issue ...

    Please post a screen shot of the contents of the install media

    \Sources folder
    Please scroll down to show the install.wim file

    I mounted my flash drive as D: - your drive letter might differ.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wimSources.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	31949

    If the folder structure on your install media look good, Try this:

    Open an elevated Command Prompt (right click, Run as administrator)
    Enter the following command

    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:WIM:D:\Sources\install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

    Remember, your drive letter might not be D:
    You can copy the entire line and paste in the elevated command prompt by pressing the right mouse button

    Post if there are any errors on the screen after it runs.

    Full tutorial: DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image - Windows 10 Forums
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    16 Aug 2015 #37

    Quote Originally Posted by Slartybart View Post
    Thanks fred,

    Those are fairly standard chkdsk errors and the reports say they are corrected.

    I know you're following two paths and you're really doing a great job.

    When you get the chance, please run another Check Disk with the /f option, post the event log as before.

    I need to think about why the errors occur and what the proper command(s) are to get past that.

    In and elevated Commnad Prompt, run
    chkdsk C: /f
    *** this should prompt you to schedule the check on the next boot, answer yes

    Restart your machine - Disk Check will run before Windows loads

    Post the event log and
    Try SFC again.

    Maybe the dism restore health will fix the Win10 issue ...

    Please post a screen shot of the contents of the install media

    \Sources folder
    Please scroll down to show the install.wim file

    I mounted my flash drive as D: - your drive letter might differ.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wimSources.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	31949

    If the folder structure on your install media look good, Try this:
    Open an elevated Command Prompt (right click, Run as administrator)
    Enter the following command
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:WIM:D:\Sources\install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

    Remember, your drive letter might not be D:
    You can copy the entire line and paste in the elevated command prompt by pressing the right mouse button

    Post if there are any errors on the screen after it runs.

    Full tutorial: DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image - Windows 10 Forums

    The install media screenshot can be found on post # 27 , ran chkdsk C: /f again , now running sfc/scannow

    Never mind i see what you mean .

    I am having trouble locating the "install wim file" bare with me .

    My file system is all screwed up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot (4).png  
    ISO corruption ,  very annoying. Attached Files
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    16 Aug 2015 #38

    How can i find the info about my install media from the below?


    On another note i only have the "media creation " files on a DVD not a flash drive . I know it is esd whatever that means.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot (5).png  
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    16 Aug 2015 #39

    Ok, followed the Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:WIM:D:\Sources\install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

    and (D) was the right letter, here are the results.


    I don't understand how anything can work after looking at what the problem was with powershell on post # 34.


    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot (6).png  
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    16 Aug 2015 #40
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Penns Forrest
    Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3

    Quote Originally Posted by fredc View Post
    How can i find the info about my install media from the below?
    On another note i only have the "media creation " files on a DVD not a flash drive . I know it is esd whatever that means.
    Thanks fred,

    Don't panic - things are coming at you fairly fast and from different directions.

    In the screen shot you posted, open the Sources folder and grab a screen shot showing the file named install

    Good to know about the DVD, it makes it easier to discuss. The type (DVD, Flash, or an ISO file) doesn't make much difference, but the instructions are a little different for each type. The end goal is that you have the media with a drive letter assigned.

    I see in your screen shot that the DVD drive is letter D - that makes it easy to use with my instructions.

    Another piece of the puzzle!

    Are you saying that the file is install.esd? Then my instruction to scroll down to install.wim should be scroll down to install.esd (in the Sources folder). Basically I want to see the file named install (WIM or ESD) in the Sources folder

    If it is install.ESD, the dism command is:
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:ESD:D:\Sources\install.esd:1 /LimitAccess

    If it is install.WIM, the dism command is:
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:WIM:D:\Sources\install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

    I apologize for adding to any confusion, I'm trying to look at the issues from a few sides (the SFC/chkdsk issue, and the Dism issue).
    Try one of the Dism instructions (WIM or ESD depending on what's in sources) above and get back to the SFC & chkdsk later ... OK?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Annoying small UI issues that bother you?
I don't like how the clock is not vertically centered within the taskbar. This is in "Use small taskbar buttons" mode. 26484
General Support
Stupid annoying iaStorA.sys BSOD
I have downloaded windows debugger to try find what causes this BSOD and it tells me its always isStorAsys. This is what I get in WinDbg BugCheck D1, {0, 2, 0, fffff80110ee4aac} Warning: Unable to verify timestamp for iaStorA.sys...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Annoying .exe file
30952 can somebody help me to remove this? It open once in while. Thanks #windows10home
Software and Apps
SFC corruption detected after upgrade
What gives? Windows 7 was clean before the update,
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums