Windows 10: ISO corruption , very annoying.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 558
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       15 Aug 2015 #21

    Ztruker said: View Post
    Run these in sequence from a Elevated Command Prompt:

    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    SFC /scannow

    If anyone fails, run it and the one after it again.

    Thanks will try when i get home later , will let you know.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       16 Aug 2015 #22

    fredc said: View Post
    OK thanks guys , i just ran sfc/scannow and it said there were corrupted files that couldn't be fixed with the chkdsk/f option , any other way to fix these?

    Thank you
    SFC reported errors about files and referenced CHKDSK?
    Is that right?

    After following Ztruker's suggestion,

    Launch and elevated Command Prompt and run a Read-only Disk Check

    chkdsk C:
    *** do not add any parameters

    then run Disk Check again with the fix parameter

    chkdsk C: /f
    *** this should prompt you to schedule the check on the next boot, answer yes

    Restart your machine - Disk Check will run before Windows loads

    Try SFC again.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    16 Aug 2015 #23

    The Media Creation tool checks the integrity of the download after it has been downloaded.
    It's very strange that it should be corrupted.
    Where are you saving the download to?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 558
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       16 Aug 2015 #24

    Ztruker said: View Post
    Run these in sequence from a Elevated Command Prompt:

    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    SFC /scannow

    If anyone fails, run it and the one after it again.

    First one completed successfully , second command said needs to find directory where files are located to replace corrupt files so that one gave an error .

    sfc/scannow gave a corrupt files message again as expected from the failure of the second command.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    16 Aug 2015 #25

    ...second command said needs to find directory where files are located...
    These may be on the CD or the USB stick that you installed Windows from.
    If the disc isn't in the CD player or the USB isn't plugged in then the recovery files won't be found.

    (At least, I think so!)
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 558
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       16 Aug 2015 #26

    Slartybart said: View Post
    SFC reported errors about files and referenced CHKDSK?
    Is that right?

    After following Ztruker's suggestion,

    Launch and elevated Command Prompt and run a Read-only Disk Check

    chkdsk C:
    *** do not add any parameters

    then run Disk Check again with the fix parameter

    chkdsk C: /f
    *** this should prompt you to schedule the check on the next boot, answer yes

    Restart your machine - Disk Check will run before Windows loads

    Try SFC again.
    Tried this one multiple times, including the "f" but (minus the capital C after command ) and the corrupted files seem to never get fixed , i keep getting the same " chkdsk was unable to fix some of them" message.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 558
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       16 Aug 2015 #27

    teachermark said: View Post
    These may be on the CD or the USB stick that you installed Windows from.
    If the disc isn't in the CD player or the USB isn't plugged in then the recovery files won't be found.

    (At least, I think so!)

    Very good point , i did copy the creation tool download on to a blank DVD but have not used it , i will post a screenshot of whats on it.


    I am just confused about the correct command . I installed Windows without a DVD or USB stick , just followed the upgrade from MS so far.

    I will try the second command again with DVD installed , hoping it works.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot (1).png  
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 558
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       16 Aug 2015 #28

    Just tried and this is what i got.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot (2).png  
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       16 Aug 2015 #29

    fredc said: View Post
    Tried this one multiple times, including the "f" but (minus the capital C after command ) and the corrupted files seem to never get fixed , i keep getting the same " chkdsk was unable to fix some of them" message.
    Ok - there seems to be an underlying issue with the drive ... I want o be be sure that the Disk Check was run automatically when the machine was restarted.

    Please follow OPTION TWO To Create .txt file on Desktop with chkdsk Results Log in this tutorial and post the Event log info for the Check disk entries.

    Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log - Windows 7 Help Forums

    I'm not sure that the disc you have is set up correctly - it sounds as though you just copied the ISO to the disc - is that correct?
    It can still be used as a source for Dism, but the disk errors should be fixed first.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 5,007
    Windows 10 Pro X64 15063.138
       16 Aug 2015 #30

    KYHI posted directions on how to fix it here: http://www.eightforums.com/network-s...tml#post512897 (written for 8 but valid for 10 as well).

    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

    Error: 0x800f0906
    The source files could not be downloaded.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Related Threads
I don't like how the clock is not vertically centered within the taskbar. This is in "Use small taskbar buttons" mode. 26484
Stupid annoying iaStorA.sys BSOD in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
I have downloaded windows debugger to try find what causes this BSOD and it tells me its always isStorAsys. This is what I get in WinDbg BugCheck D1, {0, 2, 0, fffff80110ee4aac} Warning: Unable to verify timestamp for iaStorA.sys...
Annoying .exe file in Software and Apps
30952 can somebody help me to remove this? It open once in while. Thanks #windows10home
What gives? Windows 7 was clean before the update,
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:50.
Find Us