cant run windows 8.1 setup


  1. Posts : 7
    windows 10
       #1

    cant run windows 8.1 setup


    i have had windows 10 installed on m,y pc since july 30ish....and ever since i upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1 the pc has been locking up every time i try to do anything...something as simple as opening my documents causes the pc to use 100% disk too the point i have to reset......i was hoping i could install windows 8.1 since i still have the key by using the upgrade assistant but when i tried to run it it said "this system is unsupported"
    and i have tried everything i could think of to fix the 100% disk issue nothing has worked
    any ideas would be greatly appreciated
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 61,831
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
       #2

    Hello War91, and welcome to Ten Forums. :)

    You should be able to do a clean install of Windows 8.1 at boot.

    UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 8 with

    Clean Install - Windows 8
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 7
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Brink said:
    Hello War91, and welcome to Ten Forums. :)

    You should be able to do a clean install of Windows 8.1 at boot.

    UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 8 with

    Clean Install - Windows 8
    id love to try that but i dont own any kinda usb drive or dvd to make make one
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 703
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #4

    xWar91x said:
    id love to try that but i dont own any kinda usb drive or dvd to make make one
    You can purchase a USB drive for next to nothing in many retail 'bricks and mortar' stores. You only require a small 4-8GB drive and it is dead cheap.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 7
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #5

    WhyMe said:
    You can purchase a USB drive for next to nothing in many retail 'bricks and mortar' stores. You only require a small 4-8GB drive and it is dead cheap.
    i guess i could just go geta drive....but would it be possible to install windows 8.1/7 over the4 windows 10 install if i could geta disk from a friend?
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 61,831
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
       #6

    Since you upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1, you could also try to go back to 8.1 if it hasn't been more than 31 days, and you didn't delete the Windows.old folder.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...s-windows.html
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:30.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums