Help with Windows 10 installation/boot

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 133
    Windows 10
       #31

    Is there any other usb devices plugged in, a printer, a blank flash drive, a camera, heck even a blank dvd in your disk drive ? Also can you get to programs and features and remove all programs that are non essential and reinstall them after the upgrade.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 62
    Windows 7
    Thread Starter
       #32

    letmein said:
    Is there any other usb devices plugged in, a printer, a blank flash drive, a camera, heck even a blank dvd in your disk drive ? Also can you get to programs and features and remove all programs that are non essential and reinstall them after the upgrade.
    I am on the PC now, and there was the initial dvd that I used for the installation of windows 10, but I've tried both the disk installation and the downloadable update, which I just used for this installation. So far no hiccups, but I know if I reboot this pc it will not start up again
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 62
    Windows 7
    Thread Starter
       #33

    bleh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help with Windows 10 installation/boot-resolution.jpg  
    Last edited by TimeLincoln; 09 Aug 2015 at 13:18. Reason: Unnecessary post
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 133
    Windows 10
       #34

    Run System File Check https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...a.html#option3

    If no joy then run the DISM Repair ... https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7...-10-image.html


    BE VERY SURE to read all directions carefully.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 62
    Windows 7
    Thread Starter
       #35

    Help with Windows 10 installation/boot-how-install-windows-8.1_windows-8.1-loading.jpg I know this isn't the windows 10 loading screen, but this is all I get before the blank screen boot, I get the image, and the circle loading then black
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 133
    Windows 10
       #36

    What I see on your post in message # 33 is a lot of software that should be removed before upgrading. Also bit torrent is a known site to cause issues. Your windows 7 may actually be corrupted and need to be formatted and a clean install to upgrade to 10.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 62
    Windows 7
    Thread Starter
       #37

    letmein said:
    What I see on your post in message # 33 is a lot of software that should be removed before upgrading. Also bit torrent is a known site to cause issues. Your windows 7 may actually be corrupted and need to be formatted and a clean install to upgrade to 10.
    I was thinking I would have to do a clean install of 7 to get 10, I haven't used bittorrent for anything on my PC since the last format, which was only a few months ago, I just reinstalled it and did nothing with it.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 46
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
       #38

    TimeLincoln said:
    I cannot removed my nvidia drivers if I do, then I will have no drivers at all for visual. The original error was that my onboard gpu would cause a BSOD, so I know that the PC will not run if I use those drivers, again I do not think this is a gpu error any further based on the current problem upon reboot
    Turn off your machine and re seat your GPU. I don't know what else to do. You said that Avast was off , was it removed completely?
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 62
    Windows 7
    Thread Starter
       #39

    letmein said:
    Run System File Check https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...a.html#option3

    If no joy then run the DISM Repair ... https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7...-10-image.html


    BE VERY SURE to read all directions carefully.
    There were no issues found with windows 10, everything should be running smooth according to those checks, nothing should be wrong with the current iteration of windows
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 46
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
       #40

    I have requested some additional help for you. Good luck TL.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:02.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums