Cannot Install Windows 10 to Second Partition on Samsung 860 EVO SSD

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

  1. Posts : 2,790
    Linux Mint 20.1 Win10Prox64
       #51

    Please verify that install.wim and not install.esd existed in F:\sources\
    run: dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:F:\Sources\install.wim
    should give you the info about all windows edition, index # etc...
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 3,840
    Windows 3.1 to Windows 10
       #52

    if the Index was wrong in the DISM command - then it will error...
    if wim is a single index then index 2 does not exist...
    So use command as index:1
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 29,075
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
    Thread Starter
       #53

    topgundcp said:
    Please verify that install.wim and not install.esd existed in F:\sources\
    run: dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:F:\Sources\install.wim
    should give you the info about all windows edition, index # etc...
    It's install.wim (the only install in Sources.

    Cannot Install Windows 10 to Second Partition on Samsung 860 EVO SSD-wiminfo.png
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 29,075
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
    Thread Starter
       #54

    Kyhi said:
    if the Index was wrong in the DISM command - then it will error...
    if wim is a single index then index 2 does not exist...
    So use command as index:1
    I tried using your code with 1 instead of 2, and got the same. As you can see in my Post 52, Index = 1.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 29,075
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
    Thread Starter
       #55

    f14tomcat said:
    Mine was index 1. I did the UUPDump for Pro only, not all 4. I would bet Wynona did also.

    Attachment 252227
    You would be correct, TC.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 29,075
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
    Thread Starter
       #56

    OMGosh! It's applying the image!
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 29,075
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
    Thread Starter
       #57

    Kyhi said:
    as seen by your command window pic > remove partition 5 & 6

    thus the two Fat32 EFI partitions between > C=partition 4 and D=partition 7

    then mount the 19002 ISO and use dism to apply the image to D:
    it is assumed the Mounted ISO will be driveletter F and the UPP Dump Pro index of 2
    Code:
    Dism /Apply-Image /ImageFile:"F:\Sources\Install.wim" /Index:2 /ApplyDir:D:\
    then
    Code:
    bcdboot D:\Windows
    reboot to continue
    Once it finishes applying the image, after I've inserted the bcdboot code, do I completely shut down the computer, then reboot, or do I just do a restart?

    Edit: I was using Windows PowerShell (admin) before. When I used Command instead, it worked! And it's Index 1.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 56,041
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #58

    Wynona said:
    Once it finishes applying the image, after I've inserted the bcdboot code, do I completely shut down the computer, then reboot, or do I just do a restart?
    restart. Hey, can we have a screenshot of the apply right now? Pretty please?
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 29,075
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
    Thread Starter
       #59

    f14tomcat said:
    restart. Hey, can we have a screenshot of the apply right now? Pretty please?
    Put some sugar on it, and your wish is my command ...

    Cannot Install Windows 10 to Second Partition on Samsung 860 EVO SSD-command-vs-powershell.png

    Cannot Install Windows 10 to Second Partition on Samsung 860 EVO SSD-command-vs-powershell2.png
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 56,041
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #60

    Wynona, see my post here: Cannot Install Windows 10 to Second Partition on Samsung 860 EVO SSD

    this is what will happen after restart.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:27.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums