Windows 10: Windows 8.1 & windows 10 : fail to factory reset and stuck in restart

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    08 Aug 2015 #1

    Windows 8.1 & windows 10 : fail to factory reset and stuck in restart


    Hi , I'm using windows 8.1 on ASUS N series laptop 64 bit, my windows got problem and after i updated to windows 10 and try to factory reset it, it got to 99% and say that the window has a problem, it cannot reset my windows and stuck in restart loops.

    I've spam F9 and try to reset the pc again, but the problem still persist and i even try to solve it with the advanced options ( startup repair, system restore, system image recovery setting - all end up with this pc require administration account, and somehow my account is lost due to reset earlier) i even try to reinstall windows with CD but it doesnt detected.

    It seems like i lost both my windows 8 and windows 10 on the laptop.

    Can anyone please help me. Tq
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 5,101
    Windows 10 Pro X64 15063.483
       08 Aug 2015 #2

    Since you did upgrade and activate (did it activate okay?) then you should be able to clean install Windows 10 and have it activate.
    See here: Windows 10 - Clean Install
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    08 Aug 2015 #3

    Windows 10 activated just fine from the upgrade of windows 8.1

    There was a problem with the windows ( the problem persists even during windows 8.1, since i try to factory reset on windows 8.1 still didnt solve the prob, i thought upgrading the windows will solve the prob but it didnt - the screen will all black out after using it for a while and not responding), so I try to factory reset it, it run smoothly until 99%, and end up with 'there was a problem resetting your pc'.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 5,101
    Windows 10 Pro X64 15063.483
       08 Aug 2015 #4

    That's why I suggested doing a Clean Instill of Windows 10 following the directions in the link I posted.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    08 Aug 2015 #5

    Will try and update news here
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       08 Aug 2015 #6

    Mih said: View Post
    Hi , I'm using windows 8.1 on ASUS N series laptop 64 bit, my windows got problem and after i updated to windows 10 and try to factory reset it, it got to 99% and say that the window has a problem, it cannot reset my windows and stuck in restart loops.

    I've spam F9 and try to reset the pc again, but the problem still persist and i even try to solve it with the advanced options ( startup repair, system restore, system image recovery setting - all end up with this pc require administration account, and somehow my account is lost due to reset earlier) i even try to reinstall windows with CD but it doesnt detected.

    It seems like i lost both my windows 8 and windows 10 on the laptop.

    Can anyone please help me. Tq
    Ztruker's post will get you to Win10, but if I understand the issue you wanted to fix a non-working Asus Win8.1 Factory Reset by upgrading to Win10.

    My question is what OS do you want on your system, Win8.1 or Win10.
    There might be a way to access the Asus recovery partition and do a reset from there - I think that can be done, but I would have to research the exact process to provide step-by-step instructions.

    If you want to get to Win10 - then I mis-interpreted your post.

    There seems to be an underlying issue on your system as far as the Asus Win8.1 Factory Reset issue is concerned.

    The question might be moot if you've already started the Win10 Clean install.
    Getting to Win10 is easy, getting back to Win8.1 after a Clean install requires a bit more work (windows.old and possibly the Asus Recovery partition are no longer available).
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    08 Aug 2015 #7

    Slartybart said: View Post
    Ztruker's post will get you to Win10, but if I understand the issue you wanted to fix a non-working Asus Win8.1 Factory Reset by upgrading to Win10.

    My question is what OS do you want on your system, Win8.1 or Win10.
    There might be a way to access the Asus recovery partition and do a reset from there - I think that can be done, but I would have to research the exact process to provide step-by-step instructions.

    If you want to get to Win10 - then I mis-interpreted your post.

    There seems to be an underlying issue on your system as far as the Asus Win8.1 Factory Reset issue is concerned.

    The question might be moot if you've already started the Win10 Clean install.
    Getting to Win10 is easy, getting back to Win8.1 after a Clean install requires a bit more work (windows.old and possibly the Asus Recovery partition are no longer available).
    Nop .. I upgraded to w10 from w8.1 and deleted wds old ... I could roll back to w8.1 factory settings without problem from recovery partition .
    As he said ..there was something wrong with pc before he upgraded ..
    The best way is to do a w8 clean install From factory windows dvd .. ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 1,870
    Windows 3.1 to Windows 10
       08 Aug 2015 #8

    I could roll back to w8.1 factory from recovery partition .
    As is the case with Asus Recovery, the recovery partition is bootable..

    I read it as windows 8.1 Reset failed to correct PC problem
    Upgraded to windows 10 and still failed to correct PC problem

    Tried using Reset Feature within windows 10, or rollback feature - and failed

    so the question is > what does he want windows 10 or windows 8
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    08 Aug 2015 #9

    Kyhi said: View Post
    As is the case with Asus Recovery, the recovery partition is bootable..

    I read it as windows 8.1 Reset failed to correct PC problem
    Upgraded to windows 10 and still failed to correct PC problem

    Tried using Reset Feature within windows 10, or rollback feature - and failed

    so the question is > what does he want windows 10 or windows 8
    I guess .. He tries to fix problem by upgrading to w10 ..but end up corrupt both windows ..
    For now ..He will be happy with whichever works ..
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    08 Aug 2015 #10

    1. Yes, i've lost both of the windows, 8.1 and 10

    2. There's prob on w8.1 and i'm upgrading to w10 because wanted to clean the mess and i also personally prefer w10 better. But the problem is still persist

    3. Yes, i would prefer w10 over w8.1, but it seems that right now, i cant get any and any windows installed would be good for now as my main point is to reset the laptop, clear the problem and get a window install so that later on in the end i can upgrade to w10

    4. I'm upgrading w10 via microsoft register/free upgrade, so i understand that getting w10 even after factory reboot of w8 is that i can still reinstall the w10 after the reset.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
Windows 10 factory reset stuck on 61 in Installation and Upgrade
Hey I need help really badly, yesterday I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7 and then I realized that all my files stayed which I didn't want all my files so I did a factory reset on my windows 10 upgraded PC and it has been stuck at 61% for...
Factory Reset stuck at 1% for hours in Installation and Upgrade
Hi so I recently just wanted to completely factory reset my PC after upgrading to windows 10 (of course keeping win 10 after reset) and even hours after the reset beginning its still frozen at 1%. Anyone got any ideas what to do?
Hi I really badly need help because my PC shut off during factory reset and it always starts up and then has a black screen. Thanks
Stuck during factory reset. in Installation and Upgrade
So the Factory reset has been stuck at 2% for the last 8 hours.
If you return a PC to a store-FACTORY RESET IT!!! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
An informative article I found at ars technical: How Best Buy’s computer-wiping error turned me into an amateur blackhat Reset Windows 10
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:36.
Find Us