1909 in the offing?

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 303
    Windows 10 (2), Win 8.1 (1), Win 7 (1)
       #61

    f14tomcat said:
    Thanks, but that is the WINVER after the fact. You stated you got a notification it was available. That's what I as curious to see, the notification.
    I should get back to our computer club lab Wednesday and if any of the computers are still sitting on that notification, I will get a screen print of it. I can't believe 1909 still has not been released and why we got it almost a week ago unless we were chosen to be "guinea pigs".

    JohnD
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 56,043
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #62

    johnpd said:
    I should get back to our computer club lab Wednesday and if any of the computers are still sitting on that notification, I will get a screen print of it. I can't believe 1909 still has not been released and why we got it almost a week ago unless we were chosen to be "guinea pigs".

    JohnD
    Not necessary. OP stated in this post it was some email he got. I'm not aware of any emails MS sends out to notify users of availability, but it may be.

    His post: 1909 in the offing?
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 141
    Windows10
       #63

    f14tomcat said:
    Not necessary. OP stated in this post it was some email he got. I'm not aware of any emails MS sends out to notify users of availability, but it may be.

    His post: 1909 in the offing?
    Yes, it was this post
    What’s New in Windows 10’s 19H2 Update, Arriving Fall 2019
    I received this on October 2, 2019.
    EDIT: It was also seen here as well, but is out of date.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 34,839
    Win 10 Pro (1903) (2nd PC is 21H2)
       #64

    We have updated search in File Explorer to show web-powered suggestions in addition to files locally indexed on the PC.
    Hmm. So they simplify the search bar (ex-Cortana) but make search in Explorer more complicated, including web search too? Really? Hope I've misunderstood that.

    File Explorer has a new search experience. When you type in the search box, you’ll see a dropdown menu with a list of suggested files. It will also search for files in your OneDrive account online—not just files on your local PC. You can also right-click one of the search results here to open the file’s location.

    You can still access the more powerful, classic search experience by pressing Enter. This will allow you to search non-indexed locations, for example.
    I've always wondered why they couldn't prioritise results from indexed search, then search anything non-indexed, so as to give the most immediate results quickly. This seems a sort of step in that direction, but might it not be likely to confuse people who then think everything's been searched (or at least everything below the current point in the file system)?
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 4,171
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Latest RP
       #65

    This is what I get in 1909 as mine stands after todays updates [Nothing obvious added] as this was there yesterday

    I hit and then a

    1909 in the offing?-annotation-2019-10-09-141850.png
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 24,475
    10 Home x64 (21H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #66

    tornadosurvivor said:
    Yes, it was this post
    What’s New in Windows 10’s 19H2 Update, Arriving Fall 2019
    I received this on October 2, 2019.
    An email alert from How-To Geek is not official notification from Microsoft. The article you linked to says that only those running the Insider builds should expect to see the update to 1909 being offered.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 303
    Windows 10 (2), Win 8.1 (1), Win 7 (1)
       #67

    johnpd said:
    I should get back to our computer club lab Wednesday and if any of the computers are still sitting on that notification, I will get a screen print of it. I can't believe 1909 still has not been released and why we got it almost a week ago unless we were chosen to be "guinea pigs".
    JohnD
    Apparently I misinterpreted a regular cumulative update for the feature update. As indicated below it started as 2019-09. Once the latest patch Tuesday updates came down, that update disappeared. My bad.

    JohnD

    1909 in the offing?-image.png
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 24,475
    10 Home x64 (21H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #68

    johnpd said:
    Apparently I misinterpreted a regular cumulative update for the feature update. ... My bad.
    Don't feel bad, thanks for clearing it up. It's an easy mistake to make, they both have the 'Download and install now' option and appear below the normal updates.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 29,075
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
       #69

    f14tomcat said:
    Thanks, but that is the WINVER after the fact. You stated you got a notification it was available. That's what I as curious to see, the notification.

    Attachment 250486

    Oh, and by the way, your pic has your email in it. Might want to get rid of that.
    I just got updated to 18363.418! On Release Preview.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 56,043
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #70

    Wynona said:
    I just got updated to 18363.418! On Release Preview.
    Yep, me too. Got that yesterday with all the other PT bits and bytes.

    Your Production should be the same.... but a 2 not a 3. 18362.418.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:00.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums