1909 in the offing?

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

  1. Posts : 24,474
    10 Home x64 (21H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #121

    goopy said:
    Greetings Bree.
    Are you suggesting that installation using the UUPDUP 18363.418 ISO is not a 1909 build?

    No. I'm suggesting that to install 1909 first Setup installs 1903 (18362) then it switch on the 1909 (18363) features with the Enablement Package.

    1909 is not a full Feature Update in the normal sense, this is the first Feature Update to be performed via a form of cumulative update. See my post #115
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 96
    win 10
       #122

    Bree said:
    No. I'm suggesting that to install 1909 first Setup installs 1903 (18362) then it switch on the 1909 (18363) features with the Enablement Package.
    1909 is not a full Feature Update in the normal sense, this is the first Feature Update to be performed via a form of cumulative update. See my post #115
    Thanks for the kind reply , Bree.
    1. So a new install using the latest UUPDump ISO will indeed be 1909 and have all new features turned on?
    2. Would you also be kind enough to explain why a 1903 service stack update is still being offered? (see my earlier post.)
    Many thanks and best regards,
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 24,474
    10 Home x64 (21H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #123

    goopy said:
    Would you also be kind enough to explain why a 1903 service stack update is still being offered? (see my earlier post.)
    Your earlier post shows you are using Dism++.

    Microsoft have said that "19H1 and 19H2 share the same servicing content. That means they share the same Cumulative Update package". So it's exactly the same update whether it's used on 1903 and 1909.

    The update servers should have two titles for the one package, when Windows Update finds a package that is available it would be offered the title appropriate to your version, 1909 or 1903. My guess is that either Dism++ had picked up the wrong title for this one, or Microsoft have forgotten to give this service stack a 1909 title.

    It would be interesting to see how it is described in Windows Update.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 96
    win 10
       #124

    Bree said:
    Your earlier post shows you are using Dism++.

    Microsoft have said that "19H1 and 19H2 share the same servicing content. That means they share the same Cumulative Update package". So it's exactly the same update whether it's used on 1903 and 1909.

    The update servers should have two titles for the one package, when Windows Update finds a package that is available it would be offered the title appropriate to your version, 1909 or 1903. My guess is that either Dism++ had picked up the wrong title for this one, or Microsoft have forgotten to give this service stack a 1909 title.

    It would be interesting to see how it is described in Windows Update.
    Thanks for the kind reply, Bree.

    1. Your linked post seems to be saying if one's setup is 1903.18362.418, it already has all the 1909 features in place but not turned on. The new features will be activated, and the build # bumped up to 1909.18363.418 by installing the 21kb enablement package KB4517245 linked below. Is this correct?

    Error - UUP dump

    2. WU did not pick up the 1903 service stack update.

    Many thanks and best regards,
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 24,474
    10 Home x64 (21H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #125

    goopy said:
    1. Your linked post seems to be saying if one's setup is 1903.18362.418, it already has all the 1909 features in place but not turned on. The new features will be activated, and the build # bumped up to 1909.18363.418 by installing the 21kb enablement package KB4517245 linked below. Is this correct?
    That is my understanding, and how I understand it is intended to work once 1909 is released for general availability. Which may not be long now, November 12th is said to be the target date.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 96
    win 10
       #126

    Bree said:
    That is my understanding, and how I understand it is intended to work once 1909 is released for general availability. Which may not be long now, November 12th is said to be the target date.
    Thanks for the kind reply, Bree.
    Installed the enablement package KB4517245 on a 1903 build, and winver is now showing 1909.18363.418.
    However, 18362 still pops up in a couple of places. Is there a way to test if this is now indeed a 1909 build? New features?
    Many thanks and best regards,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1909 in the offing?-1909.jpg  
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 3,446
       #127

    I'm still trying to find the new features -- just abunch of obscure stuff

    Windows 10 version 1909, November 2019 Upate: All new features and changes • Pureinfotech

    Under the bonnet it's still 1903. I guess MS are more concerned about developing Windows10X now.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 4,171
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Latest RP
       #128

    New release schedule allegedly spring will be a full fat upgrade, fall will be a diet upgrade with bug fixes for last spring upgrade
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 56,043
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #129

    Superfly said:
    I'm still trying to find the new features -- just abunch of obscure stuff

    Windows 10 version 1909, November 2019 Upate: All new features and changes • Pureinfotech

    Under the bonnet it's still 1903. I guess MS are more concerned about developing Windows10X now.
    This is not a feature, per se, but I did notice a difference in my Release Preview build with this. Previously, 1 or 2 logical processors would seem to spike, and stay spiked, during scans, maintenance, updates, other system functions. After this, the workload smoothed out across all 8 threads.

    "
    Processors

    Windows 10 is introducing a new processor rotation policy that distributes work more fairly among these favored cores (logical processors of the highest available scheduling class)."
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 123,203
    Windows 11 Pro (x64) 21H2 Build 22000.675
       #130

    f14tomcat said:
    This is not a feature, per se, but I did notice a difference in my Release Preview build with this. Previously, 1 or 2 logical processors would seem to spike, and stay spiked, during scans, maintenance, updates, other system functions. After this, the workload smoothed out across all 8 threads.

    "
    Processors

    Windows 10 is introducing a new processor rotation policy that distributes work more fairly among these favored cores (logical processors of the highest available scheduling class)."

    Just reading thru these posts TC ...got me wondering how this new Windows Update on Nov 12th will affect Overclocking and benching .... Guess I'll find out next month...
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:35.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums