1909 in the offing?

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

  1. Posts : 1,439
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit 20H2 19042.844
       #111

    1909 in the offing?


    18362? or 18363?

    Have Not attempted install yet on any system, partly been too busy to, and maybe will tonight if nothing else distracts me or anything

    Code:
    PS C:\Windows\system32> dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:H:\sources\install.esd /index:1
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.18362.1
    Details for image : H:\sources\install.esd
    Index : 1
    Name : Windows 10 Pro
    Description : Windows 10 Pro
    Size : 15,539,682,210 bytes
    WIM Bootable : No
    Architecture : x64
    Hal : <undefined>
    Version : 10.0.18362
    ServicePack Build : 418
    ServicePack Level : 0
    Edition : Professional
    Installation : Client
    ProductType : WinNT
    ProductSuite : Terminal Server
    System Root : WINDOWS
    Directories : 22355
    Files : 96447
    Created : 10/14/2019 - 12:36:57 PM
    Modified : 10/14/2019 - 12:44:58 PM
    Languages :
            en-US (Default)
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 29,075
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
       #112

    AMDMan2016 said:
    18362? or 18363?

    Have Not attempted install yet on any system, partly been too busy to, and maybe will tonight if nothing else distracts me or anything

    Code:
    PS C:\Windows\system32> dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:H:\sources\install.esd /index:1
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.18362.1
    Details for image : H:\sources\install.esd
    Index : 1
    Name : Windows 10 Pro
    Description : Windows 10 Pro
    Size : 15,539,682,210 bytes
    WIM Bootable : No
    Architecture : x64
    Hal : <undefined>
    Version : 10.0.18362
    ServicePack Build : 418
    ServicePack Level : 0
    Edition : Professional
    Installation : Client
    ProductType : WinNT
    ProductSuite : Terminal Server
    System Root : WINDOWS
    Directories : 22355
    Files : 96447
    Created : 10/14/2019 - 12:36:57 PM
    Modified : 10/14/2019 - 12:44:58 PM
    Languages :
            en-US (Default)
    I went ahead and installed 18363.418 with Insider Release Preview active.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 77
    Windows 10 Professional
       #113

    18362? or 18363?

    goopy, I have tried UUP Dump several times over the past couple of days and although it says it is supposed to be 18363 I keep ending up with 18362 (which is 1903 not 1909).

    And, the 'all editions' option always ends up giving me a choice of Windows 10 Home (Home, Home N or Home Single Language), not Pro.

    Hopefully, it won't be long before the 'official' 1909 ISO is released.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 24,475
    10 Home x64 (21H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #114

    goopy said:
    Select language for Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 (18363.418) amd64 - UUP dump
    18362 ?

    Code:
    ...
    Version : 10.0.18362
    ServicePack Build : 1
    ...
    More to the point, ServicePack Build : 1
    It should say 418.


    Actually, 18362 seems to be OK in that context, this is from a slightly earlier UUPDump ISO which I used successfully to upgrade a machine to 18363.385

    Code:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:F:\sources\install.wim /index:3
    
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.18362.1
    
    Details for image : F:\sources\install.wim
    
    Index : 3
    Name : Windows 10 Pro
    Description : Windows 10 Pro
    Size : 14,910,264,095 bytes
    WIM Bootable : No
    Architecture : x64
    Hal : <undefined>
    Version : 10.0.18362
    ServicePack Build : 385
    ServicePack Level : 0
    Edition : Professional
    Installation : Client
    ProductType : WinNT
    ProductSuite : Terminal Server
    System Root : WINDOWS
    Directories : 21334
    Files : 93699
    Created : 27/09/2019 - 00:20:12
    Modified : 27/09/2019 - 01:11:47
    Languages :
            en-GB (Default)
    
    The operation completed successfully.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 24,475
    10 Home x64 (21H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #115

    AMDMan2016 said:
    18362? or 18363?
    ...
    Code:
    Version : 10.0.18362
    ServicePack Build : 418
    1903 and 1909 share a common code base and use the same cumulative updates. The switch from 1903 to 1909 (18362 to 18363) is done by a separate 'enablement package' that (apparently) is not be incorporated into the .wim and is applied after first installing 18362.

    Microsoft said:
    19H1 and 19H2 share the same servicing content. That means they share the same Cumulative Update package. ... an enablement package ... turns on the 19H2 features. This *changes* the build number for the OS from 19H1 Build 18362 to 19H2 Build 18363.
    KB4524147 Windows 10 Build 18362.388 19H1 and 18363.388 19H2 - Oct. 3

    1909 in the offing?-1909-enablement-package.png
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 1,439
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit 20H2 19042.844
       #116

    Yeah i may do one more system backup, and just try it later on tonight or tomorrow, Kinda wanna get update done, and then one less thing to worry about during real life move towards end of October/November time frame. As i'm type of person that goes nuts if my machines are out of date..

    I know stupid to worry on if Computers updated during moving, but i did in 2018 as well lol--1903 Release day before closing/starting of Moving then lol
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 2,154
    WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 build 19042.685
       #117

    CarlSD said:
    18362? or 18363?

    goopy, I have tried UUP Dump several times over the past couple of days and although it says it is supposed to be 18363 I keep ending up with 18362 (which is 1903 not 1909).

    And, the 'all editions' option always ends up giving me a choice of Windows 10 Home (Home, Home N or Home Single Language), not Pro.

    Hopefully, it won't be long before the 'official' 1909 ISO is released.
    You can also use the ESD that appeared a few days ago to create the ISO, that was what I did and I had no problem:

    KB4517389 Windows 10 Build 18362.418 19H1 and 18363.418 19H2 - Oct. 8

    When it comes to feature updates I always use the ESD to create the ISO.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 96
    win 10
       #118

    Bree said:
    More to the point, ServicePack Build : 1
    It should say 418.


    Actually, 18362 seems to be OK in that context, this is from a slightly earlier UUPDump ISO which I used successfully to upgrade a machine to 18363.385

    Code:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:F:\sources\install.wim /index:3
    
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.18362.1
    
    Details for image : F:\sources\install.wim
    
    Index : 3
    Name : Windows 10 Pro
    Description : Windows 10 Pro
    Size : 14,910,264,095 bytes
    WIM Bootable : No
    Architecture : x64
    Hal : <undefined>
    Version : 10.0.18362
    ServicePack Build : 385
    ServicePack Level : 0
    Edition : Professional
    Installation : Client
    ProductType : WinNT
    ProductSuite : Terminal Server
    System Root : WINDOWS
    Directories : 21334
    Files : 93699
    Created : 27/09/2019 - 00:20:12
    Modified : 27/09/2019 - 01:11:47
    Languages :
            en-GB (Default)
    
    The operation completed successfully.
    Greetings Bree.
    Are you suggesting that installation using the UUPDUP 18363.418 ISO is not a 1909 build?
    Many thanks and best regards,
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 29,075
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
       #119

    goopy said:
    Greetings Bree.
    Are you suggesting that installation using the UUPDUP 18363.418 ISO is not a 1909 build?
    Many thanks and best regards,
    Here ya go, Goopy. This should answer your questions about 1903 vs 1909.

    Getting the November 2019 Update Ready for Release | Windows Experience Blog
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 56,043
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #120

    goopy said:
    Greetings Bree.
    Are you suggesting that installation using the UUPDUP 18363.418 ISO is not a 1909 build?
    Many thanks and best regards,
    Since 1909 (19H2) has not been officially released, anything created using UUP Dump or any other means is not, by definition, the real public 1909.

    A quote from Brandon LeBlanc's Insider Blog Announcement, previously linked and posted.

    "We believe that Build 18363.418 is the final build and we will continue to improve the overall experience of 19H2 on customers’ PCs as part of our normal servicing cadence."

    My bold and underline for emphasis.

    Brandon goes on to explain the proper method for getting the 1909 as it stands now as part of the Insider Program.

    In the blog announcement after:
    How to get the November 2019 Update from the Release Preview ring


    "you can get the November 2019 Update today by joining the Windows Insider Program"

    Anyone who wishes may jump ahead and install the Insider Release Preview as their daily working machine, but be aware it is not absolutely final, and changes may be added or pulled before final release to the public, via a Cumulative Update. Also, be aware that due to it still being a Beta Insider, it does contain MS telemetry for their purposes that cannot be disabled.

    As long as you are aware of and understand the circumstances, you can do as you wish.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:59.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums