resetting and reinstalling windows 10

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 148
    windows 10
       #1

    resetting and reinstalling windows 10


    Ok i am about to reset my pc as gaming performance is bad my bios is UEFI . Question is should delete secure boot keys in bios or load defaults after deletion before reinstalling windows thanks
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 27,501
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 21H1
       #2

    Hi. Not sure you have to do that.

    Here is the forum's Reset tutorial

    Reset Windows 10

    That said here is the procedure I followed to load Windows 10 on a new machine with an M.2 drive. It suggested deleting the keys, installing and reloading. Please have a read, may not apply to your situation. Worked for me.

    2017 Hardware Thread [2]

    In the forum's Clean Install Tutorial it suggests disabling secure boot and Fast Boot.

    Clean Install Windows 10
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 148
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Caledon Ken said:
    Hi. Not sure you have to do that.

    Here is the forum's Reset tutorial

    Reset Windows 10

    That said here is the procedure I followed to load Windows 10 on a new machine with an M.2 drive. It suggested deleting the keys, installing and reloading. Please have a read, may not apply to your situation. Worked for me.

    2017 Hardware Thread [2]

    In the forum's Clean Install Tutorial it suggests disabling secure boot and Fast Boot.

    Clean Install Windows 10
    What is nvme driver and M.2 ?
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 13,934
    Windows 10 Pro X64 21H1 19043.1503
       #4
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 148
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #5

    I just want to ask should i clear secure boot keys delete all and load defaults before booting with uefi usb stick
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 27,501
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 21H1
       #6

    I would just leave your keys as is. Shut off secure boot and fast boot.

    In most Asus bios's there is a boot override that will allow you to select USB stick.

    Did you create USB stick using Microsoft's Media Creation Tool? It creates a UEFI compatible boot media (FAT32)

    It is always best to have only the disk you intend to boot from ( C:\ ) connected when you load.

    I posted the clean install tutorial, it is very good.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 148
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #7

    Caledon Ken said:
    I would just leave your keys as is. Shut off secure boot and fast boot.

    In most Asus bios's there is a boot override that will allow you to select USB stick.

    Did you create USB stick using Microsoft's Media Creation Tool? It creates a UEFI compatible boot media (FAT32)

    It is always best to have only the disk you intend to boot from ( C:\ ) connected when you load.

    I posted the clean install tutorial, it is very good.
    there is no option of secure boot only two options to select one is uefi or other os and why disable fast boot?
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 27,501
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 21H1
       #8

    Please confirm your MB. Can't find B75M-LX on Asus site.

    Found B75M-A and it has all the standard BIOS settings including Secure Boot. Please make sure your are not looking at BIOS screen in EZ-Mode.

    You shut off Fast Boot ( and Secure Boot) just during install, then re-enable. Some boards might not see USB Stick as outlined in tutorial with Fast Boot enabled.

    How did you create boot media?
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 148
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #9

    Caledon Ken said:
    Please confirm your MB. Can't find B75M-LX on Asus site.

    Found B75M-A and it has all the standard BIOS settings including Secure Boot. Please make sure your are not looking at BIOS screen in EZ-Mode.

    You shut off Fast Boot ( and Secure Boot) just during install, then re-enable. Some boards might not see USB Stick as outlined in tutorial with Fast Boot enabled.

    How did you create boot media?
    If you search in google asus b75m lx you will be redirected to asus and i have uefi usb stick so i dont need to turn off secure boot i guess i just want to ask should i clear and delete all keys before reinstall wibdows and load default keys before installing os also why should i turn off fast boot
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 27,501
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 21H1
       #10

    You shouldn't have to anything with keys.

    Our tutorial explains that you shut off these two features on some motherboards to get a successful boot from USB stick. As I said in my last post.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:34.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums