What happens when 1803 reaches end of life date

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. dalchina's Avatar
    Posts : 19,827
    Win 10 Pro (1903)
       #21

    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...indows-10-1903
    Lots more exact detail if you scroll down to July 2019 section
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2. Sam Vimes's Avatar
    Posts : 67
    Win 10
    Thread Starter
       #22

    Um! Now I'm not so sure. While the Control Panel shows the IRST icon and it provides info on my drives I can't actually see any such driver in Device Manager. Also when I run 'Autoruns' it shows a line for the drivers but when I check the properties it can't be found.

    The version of IRST is shown as 13.1.0.1058 and presumably was installed from the motherboard manufacturers driver disk - its an Asus Z97A. I'll check their website for updates as well as Intel.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. EdTittel's Avatar
    Posts : 3,480
    Windows 10
       #23

    See Microsoft's remediation advice for this in Known Issues at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...903#609msgdesc. Notice they're now recommending build 15.9.8.1050 (last week, it was something different ending .1044). This has been problematic for many users. Sigh.
    --Ed--
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4. AddRAM's Avatar
    Posts : 2,568
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #24

    You don`t need IRST, you`ll get along fine without it.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 805
    X
       #25

    Or just don't update at all. I'm running 1709 at work. No problems.
    <awaiting rants rants rants rants rants rants rants rants rants rants rants rants rants rants rants rants rants rants rants rants>
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 31
    win10 pro
       #26

    margrave55 said: View Post
    Or just don't update at all. I'm running 1709 at work. No problems.
    <awaiting rants rants rants rants rants rants rants rants rants rants rants rants rants rants rants rants rants rants rants rants>
    I had a message 1803 ends by December or so.....I had 1903 for about 3 weeks. I wasn't impressed
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Try3's Avatar
    Posts : 2,458
    Windows 10 Home x64 and Pro x86
       #27

    vcf1,

    I've seen somebody else in TenForums report seeing a message about ver 1803 even though they had updated to ver 1903. I didn't keep any notes of the thread name or address though.

    The end of support dates for each version are given in Windows lifecycle fact sheet - Windows Help So you can see there that ver 1803 reaches end of support on 12th November 2019 {apart from Enterprise & Education Editions} and that ver 1903 will do the same on 8th December 2020.

    Denis
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 31
    win10 pro
       #28

    Try3 said: View Post
    vcf1,

    I've seen somebody else in TenForums report seeing a message about ver 1803 even though they had updated to ver 1903. I didn't keep any notes of the thread name or address though.

    The end of support dates for each version are given in Windows lifecycle fact sheet - Windows Help So you can see there that ver 1803 reaches end of support on 12th November 2019 {apart from Enterprise & Education Editions} and that ver 1903 will do the same on 8th December 2020.

    Denis
    Thank you. I wasn't sure about the date. Right now I have a semi-annual channel and 365 days config. so I don't know when updates are coming.
    I have now 17134.885
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9. AddRAM's Avatar
    Posts : 2,568
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #29

    margrave55 said: View Post
    Or just don't update at all. I'm running 1709 at work. No problems.
    <awaiting rants rants rants rants rants rants rants rants rants rants rants rants rants rants rants rants rants rants rants rants>
    Ya, there`s nothing impressive about each new build, they should change it to once a year, instead of twice. That`s why I like the defer Feature Update in W10 Pro
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 31
    win10 pro
       #30

    AddRAM said: View Post
    Ya, there`s nothing impressive about each new build, they should change it to once a year, instead of twice. That`s why I like the defer Feature Update in W10 Pro
    wich build are you running? I saw when I updated to 1903 that choice wasn't there. That's one of the reasons I rollback
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Related Threads
What if 1803 reaches end of support? in Windows Updates and Activation
I know I won't receive security update. But will windows force me to pay money to use 1803? Or will my PC act like ticking bomb and won't start up? Windows 10 is full of unexpected so I want to know this.
Source: Microsoft 365 Security Center reaches general availability - Microsoft Tech Community - 389656
Well well well, according to Microsoft passes Apple to become world's most valuable company - CNN this report Microsoft has successfully past Apple in reaching the $1 trillion dollar market and has become the most valuable popular company. I wonder...
I have a Laptop, Desktop, and Surface Pro 4. All are on windows 10 ver 103. The Surface said ther was an update, but then hung at 0% in the download. All three machines had errors on installing some update. (I don't know which) The MS Update fix on...
Hey Everyone! I have a HP pavilion ab221tx laptop. The wifi chipset inside it is a realtek rtl8723BE. I am noticing that download speeds immediately reach zero upon lid close & may be the laptop's wifi also disconnects. By the time I open the lid...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:29.
Find Us