Can Windows 10 Mobile be upgrade to 1709 Redstone 3 "ENTERPRISE"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

  1. Posts : 20
    Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile
    Thread Starter
       #11

    Ultrainstict said:
    I have Microsoft Lumia 550 bought in Topola,Shumadiya in Serbia, Balkan on August 2016 updated with the latest Microsoft Windows 10 Mobile 1709 Redstone 3 15254.530.My question is can it be upgraded to the latest Microsoft Windows 10 Mobile 1709 Redstone 3 "ENTERPRISE".Please and please instructions how to safely and freely upgrade it to the Mobile Enterprise Edition.
    By the way I forgot to mention that it's my first Windows Mobile Windows Smartphone device I I was using till August 2016.Android smartphone devices(LG Optimus L3 E400,LG Optimus L3 II E430,Sony Xperia E1 D2005 and the last Samsung Galaxy J1 J100H and on August 2016 I wanted to try Windows Mobile Microsoft Lumia 550 Windows 10 Mobile 1511 TH2.And from the midle 2019,year I want to try Android One Platform(Nokia 3.1) or Xiaomi Redmi 6A.
      My Computer

  2. Superfly's Avatar
    Posts : 3,325
       #12

    Ultrainstict said:
    By the way I forgot to mention that it's my first Windows Mobile Windows Smartphone device I I was using till August 2016.Android smartphone devices(LG Optimus L3 E400,LG Optimus L3 II E430,Sony Xperia E1 D2005 and the last Samsung Galaxy J1 J100H and on August 2016 I wanted to try Windows Mobile Microsoft Lumia 550 Windows 10 Mobile 1511 TH2.And from the midle 2019,year I want to try Android One Platform(Nokia 3.1) or Xiaomi Redmi 6A.
    Why Mobile Enterprise? What more does it offer?

    Anyway we got notifications at Dev Centre that Win 8 Mobile app submissions are discontinued ... I'm sure Win 10 mobile will go the same way.. Stick with Android rather.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 20
    Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile
    Thread Starter
       #13

    Superfly said:
    Why Mobile Enterprise? What more does it offer?

    Anyway we got notifications at Dev Centre that Win 8 Mobile app submissions are discontinued ... I'm sure Win 10 mobile will go the same way.. Stick with Android rather.
    And I will if Microsoft fully discount Windows 10 Mobile in the midlle 2019 I will switch to android.But if Microsoft decides to prolong the Windows 10 Mobile to the December 2019 or to the end the 2019.I will in that case switch back to android in the midle of 2020.year on Jully or August 2020.year or 2019 year.Windows Mobile is the very and only platform who I kept the longer than one or two years.On August 2019 will be my Lumia 550 3 years old.And on August 2020 year will be 4 years old.And android I upgrade to the new lattest model every year or every two years.Will see after I get the budget Android One(Nokia 3.1) or Xiaomi Redmi 6A.
      My Computer

  4. lx07's Avatar
    Posts : 5,479
    2004
       #14

    Ultrainstict said:
    And android I upgrade to the new lattest model every year or every two years.
    It is boring the way Android phone makers don't provide support for more than a couple of years, that I agree.

    You could try something like LineageOS which will keep older devices up to date with security updates and new Android releases for longer. I'm running Oreo on an old Galaxy S5+ for example and still getting weekly updates with all the security fixes included and it works on older phones than that.

    For longevity though you are probably better off with iPhone though realistically.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 20
    Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile
    Thread Starter
       #15

    lx07 said:
    It is boring the way Android phone makers don't provide support for more than a couple of years, that I agree.

    You could try something like LineageOS which will keep older devices up to date with security updates and new Android releases for longer. I'm running Oreo on an old Galaxy S5+ for example and still getting weekly updates with all the security fixes included and it works on older phones than that.

    For longevity though you are probably better off with iPhone though realistically.
    And I could give an iPhone a chance if Apple provide them MicroSD Memory Card Support and budzet model around 100 to 150 Euros.Untill than Android I remain on android.
      My Computer

  6. lx07's Avatar
    Posts : 5,479
    2004
       #16

    Ultrainstict said:
    And I could give an iPhone a chance if Apple provide them MicroSD Memory Card Support and budzet model around 100 to 150 Euros.Untill than Android I remain on android.
    Me too. Unless someone gives me one or I find one on the beach.
      My Computer


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums