1.    31 Jul 2015 #1
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 4
    Windows 7 Pro SP1

    Upgrade Issue


    Hello Guys

    I need some help to upgrade my genuine Win 7 Pro SP1 to windows 10.

    I have the OS fully up-to-date with Windows Update.

    I have the Win 10 Upgrade logo in the taskbar, but it just says "Notifify me when ready"

    I have reserved the free upgrade.

    Win Update doesn't show me any upgrade option, it shows as up-to-date.

    What shall I do?

    Please help!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    31 Jul 2015 #2
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 128
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by almas09 View Post
    Hello Guys

    I need some help to upgrade my genuine Win 7 Pro SP1 to windows 10.

    I have the OS fully up-to-date with Windows Update.

    I have the Win 10 Upgrade logo in the taskbar, but it just says "Notifify me when ready"

    I have reserved the free upgrade.

    Win Update doesn't show me any upgrade option, it shows as up-to-date.

    What shall I do?

    Please help!
    This will do the job quite nicely. Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool - Windows Help
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    31 Jul 2015 #3
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 4
    Windows 7 Pro SP1
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by CalBear37 View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

    If I go through this method, will it be a genuine license?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    31 Jul 2015 #4
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 128
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by almas09 View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

    If I go through this method, will it be a genuine license?
    If you are upgrading an activated genuine Windows version the upgrade picks up that activation.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    31 Jul 2015 #5
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 4
    Windows 7 Pro SP1
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by CalBear37 View Post
    If you are upgrading an activated genuine Windows version the upgrade picks up that activation.
    Ok thanks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Update issue.. UEFI firmware issue
14703 Any suggestions??
Installation and Upgrade
Solved Upgrade issue Computer starts up by itself
Upgrade from 8.1 twice and have following issue. After exactly 30 minutes after shutdown computer will turn on. Checked Bios and Power management settings without luck. Reverted back to 8.1 without problems twice. Computer never had problem on 8.1...
General Support
Windows 10 will not upgrade (partition issue)
So instead of sleeping started digging into upgrading to windows 10. Dug through forums but could not find any active threads. Long story short. 1 Windows update did not want to run 2 Ran stc/scanow-fixed the one issue there. (Pulled...
Installation and Upgrade
Surface pro 3 issue
Hello guys, I am runing windows 10 build 9926 on SP3 with all the updates. Beside the fact that the on screen keyboard is kinda buggy, i've noticed a big bug where you sometimes put the tablet to sleep and it wont come back up but is still...
General Support
tapatalk issue
Is anyone else having an issue logging on through Tapatalk? The app says I have an invalid username or password,then the reset says the username doesn't exist. no issues with the app on seven forums.
Chillout Room
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:51.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums