Win 10 SCU Clean Install? Solved

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Geosammy's Avatar
    Posts : 483
    Win10 Home 64 bit, Ver 1809 (OS Build 17763.134)
       12 Apr 2018 #1

    Win 10 SCU Clean Install?


    Hi,

    It's my understanding, that the SCU (Spring Creators Update) has been delayed.
    I wish to perform a clean install from an ISO and was wondering if I should postpone doing so.
    Until the "bug" has been worked out and it's released to the public?

    Thanks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 3,664
    Windows 10 Pro x64 v1809 Build 17763.134 (Branch: RS5 Release Preview)
       12 Apr 2018 #2

    Yes postpone it, since there are some bugs to resolve still. If you are going to clean install, it might be even better to wait for the official Media Creation tool to get released and use that to get an ISO.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3. Access Denied's Avatar
    Posts : 5,102
    Win10 RS5 x64
       12 Apr 2018 #3

    slicendice said: View Post
    Yes postpone it, since there are some bugs to resolve still. If you are going to clean install, it might be even better to wait for the official Media Creation tool to get released and use that to get an ISO.
    This is what I am waiting on. I made a mistake on my clean install image and had so many steam games on it that I do not play any more. Waiting on the MCT with SCU and then I will clean slate my drive, install only the things I use daily and image it. stick it somewhere safe and proceed to move along as I am now.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. Geosammy's Avatar
    Posts : 483
    Win10 Home 64 bit, Ver 1809 (OS Build 17763.134)
    Thread Starter
       12 Apr 2018 #4

    slicendice said: View Post
    Yes postpone it, since there are some bugs to resolve still. If you are going to clean install, it might be even better to wait for the official Media Creation tool to get released and use that to get an ISO.
    @slicendice

    Thanks for confirming this for me.
    My system is running pretty smoothly and very responsive as well.
    The only thing that is annoying me, is my current C drive partitioning and I'd like to resolve this.
    Without having to manually do it myself.
    Seems the best course of action, would be to not act and wait for the official release.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. Geosammy's Avatar
    Posts : 483
    Win10 Home 64 bit, Ver 1809 (OS Build 17763.134)
    Thread Starter
       12 Apr 2018 #5

    Access Denied said: View Post
    This is what I am waiting on. I made a mistake on my clean install image and had so many steam games on it that I do not play any more. Waiting on the MCT with SCU and then I will clean slate my drive, install only the things I use daily and image it. stick it somewhere safe and proceed to move along as I am now.
    @Access Denied

    I'm going to wait it out.
    Until the SCU release becomes official.
    So many people (me included), are very anxious to get this update.
    It's probably best if we all wait and stop "chomping at the bit".
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 3,664
    Windows 10 Pro x64 v1809 Build 17763.134 (Branch: RS5 Release Preview)
       12 Apr 2018 #6

    Geosammy said: View Post
    @slicendice

    Thanks for confirming this for me.
    My system is running pretty smoothly and very responsive as well.
    The only thing that is annoying me, is my current C drive partitioning and I'd like to resolve this.
    Without having to manually do it myself.
    Seems the best course of action, would be to not act and wait for the official release.
    If it works, don't touch it.

    If you absolutely need SCU features, then a clean install could be one option. It would easily solve your partitioning problem since you would wipe everything and repartition system drive from scratch. There are however other methods to solve this too.

    If I were you, I'd even wait for SCU to mature a bit. Usually a couple cumulative updates solve most issues for new build releases. And trust me, there usually are a few glitches lurking around the corner with every new release. If you're lucky, you won't notice a thing, but if unlucky, your system could behave really badly for quite some time. :)
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7. Access Denied's Avatar
    Posts : 5,102
    Win10 RS5 x64
       12 Apr 2018 #7

    @Geosammy
    Yep! That update to .371 actually made my system a bit snappier, or at least feels that way. I am in no rush for it. I will most likely just avoid the update if possible until it is on the MCT. That way I can just clean install and make an image.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8. Geosammy's Avatar
    Posts : 483
    Win10 Home 64 bit, Ver 1809 (OS Build 17763.134)
    Thread Starter
       12 Apr 2018 #8

    slicendice said: View Post
    If it works, don't touch it.

    If you absolutely need SCU features, then a clean install could be one option. It would easily solve your partitioning problem since you would wipe everything and repartition system drive from scratch. There are however other methods to solve this too.

    If I were you, I'd even wait for SCU to mature a bit. Usually a couple cumulative updates solve most issues for new build releases. And trust me, there usually are a few glitches lurking around the corner with every new release. If you're lucky, you won't notice a thing, but if unlucky, your system could behave really badly for quite some time. :)
    @slicendice

    That's good advice.
    I currently have additional recovery partitions, which were created with my most recent in-place upgrade/repair.
    Waiting a bit longer and than doing a clean install, would create the proper partitions that windows needs.
    Thanks!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. Geosammy's Avatar
    Posts : 483
    Win10 Home 64 bit, Ver 1809 (OS Build 17763.134)
    Thread Starter
       12 Apr 2018 #9

    Access Denied said: View Post
    @Geosammy
    Yep! That update to .371 actually made my system a bit snappier, or at least feels that way. I am in no rush for it. I will most likely just avoid the update if possible until it is on the MCT. That way I can just clean install and make an image.
    @Access Denied

    Yes I have to agree, that my system seems to also be "snappier".
    No matter how impatient I am, I'm still going to wait.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. AddRAM's Avatar
    Posts : 2,235
    Windows 7 Pro x64 Windows 10 Pro x64
       12 Apr 2018 #10

    I wouldn't even consider updating for 3 or 4 months.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Hey guys! I have a new ASUS ROG G751JT-DH72 laptop, and I have been trying to install Windows 10 and Ubuntu on it. It came with Windows 8.1, so I upgraded to 10, then did a clean install of 10. Version was Home 64 bit. That went reasonably...
Hello Everyone, I did a clean install and on first use of Windows update the updates for some reason we're downloading and installing at a slow pace which I didn't recall in the past. Not sure if I'm having an issue on my end or not if it is on...
Hi I have looked through solutions for this issue, but the suggestions don't seem to fix my issue... I am running Windows 7 SP1 Pro 64-bit on a Dell Optiplex 760, and try to do a clean install of Windows 10, using the ISO file which I downloaded...
Sorry if this has been addressed already (a search didn't yield exactly what I was looking for). I'm planning on doing a clean install of Win10 next weekend after upgrading from 7 x64 Pro. I'm wondering if anybody has a detailed account on what...
When I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7, it worked fine for the next few hours then i couldnt acess the log in screen it was just stuck on the slider and then it flickers. tried to trouble shoot, system restore, clean installed (using...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:38.
Find Us