Windows 10: MBR/UEFI issues

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    05 Apr 2018 #21

    MBR/UEFI Issues


    Finally got all current updates installed, took ages to download and install. Version 1709 installed, do I take it that the Spring update will next?

    I have decided not to bother changing from MBR to UEFI.

    Once again many thanks for all the help and advice.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 2,058
    Windows 7 Pro x64 Windows 10 Pro x64
       05 Apr 2018 #22

    There is no reason to go from MBR to UEFI, you`ll gain nothing. But you could go GPT/UEFI if and when you decide to do a clean install.

    And if you have W10 Pro, I would set it to delay the Spring Update for awhile. (Defer Feature Updates)

    Believe me, everyone will be trying to update or they will get auto updated and you will just get frustrated.

    Like I said, wait a good 3 or 4 months, there`s no need to rush it.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Related Threads
Sometime in the fall I started getting Windows 10 update errors trying to install 1607 (the anniversary update I believe). After trying different fixes I just ignored it for a while hoping windows would come up with a fix. 6 months later and I'd...
UEFI boot issues in General Support
Hi Everyone i recently wiped my PC and reinstalled the most recent ISO from Microsoft, i changed from MBR to UEFI and i'm experiencing a few issues 1. turn pc on without monitor / pc on it turns on and posts but the screens are blank when i...
Source: UEFI ForumAnnounces the Availability of Updated Specifications: UEFI v2.6 and ACPI v6.1 | Business Wire
I got a new PC for Christmas, Dell XPS8900 i7-6700 processor with 16GB of RAM 1TB HDD with Win10 installed. I had it setup and ready to go, turned it on and kept getting BSOD's every 5 or 10 minutes... this is straight from the factory. I called...
Dual boot 10 & 7 BIOS/UEFI possible issues in Installation and Upgrade
I dual boot to 2 different windows 7 installs. I have my primary for day to day stuff and the second install is for my DAW. I don't want to update the DAW to 10 because of the issues it may cause. I do want to update my primary install to 10. Can...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:11.
Find Us