32 Bit || x86 - based PC || HELP ME PLEASE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 10
    32-bit Windows 7
       #1

    32 Bit || x86 - based PC || HELP ME PLEASE


    Hello,

    I want to install 64-BIT operating system version. I have Windows 7 and I don't know if it's possible because of my x86 - based PC

    Also, I have ID code of a windows but with 20 numbers and letters ? what's up with that. Could it be that it's fake? Since I paid for one before.

    Additional information:

    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G2030 @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz
    Rating: 4.4


    Please instruct me on how to do this right and if it's possible. Thank you.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 13,773
    Windows10
       #2

    Idoneedhelp said:
    Hello,

    I want to install 64-BIT operating system version. I have Windows 7 and I don't know if it's possible because of my x86 - based PC

    Also, I have ID code of a windows but with 20 numbers and letters ? what's up with that. Could it be that it's fake? Since I paid for one before.

    Additional information:

    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G2030 @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz
    Rating: 4.4


    Please instruct me on how to do this right and if it's possible. Thank you.
    This is a windowds 10 forum but yes you can install 64 bit OS. as chip is 64bit architecture. If you installed Windows 7, get the product key (not the product id) by running showkeyplus. If not sure, clcik on results in showkeyplus to hide key and post image.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 12,557
    Win10 Version 21H2 Pro and Home, Win11 Pro
       #3

    To add: the change from 32-bit to 64-bit or 64-bit to 32-bit has to be a clean install that will erase the drive so be sure to back up/copy any data you don't want to lose to an external drive, anything that exists nowhere else.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 10
    32-bit Windows 7
    Thread Starter
       #4

    I don't care if everything is deleted, can you give me a clear instruction on how to get the 64 bit windows? Really want to change it.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 10
    32-bit Windows 7
    Thread Starter
       #5

    It wont work because I got 32 bit not 64. Where is the 32 version?
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 12,557
    Win10 Version 21H2 Pro and Home, Win11 Pro
       #6

    I'd look at the MCT/Media Creation Tool for downloading one of two possibilities, either create a bootable USB drive [8GB] or the .iso file used a by DVD Burning application to create a bootable disc for installing. Go here and download the tool:
    Download Windows 10
    Then install the tool and run it, follow the prompts to make choices.
      My Computers



  7. Posts : 25,304
    10 Home x64 (21H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #7

    Full instructions in this tutorial. See in particular Option One steps 5 and 6 to make the 64-bit media, even if you are running the Media Creation Tool on a 32-bit system.

    Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 10
    32-bit Windows 7
    Thread Starter
       #8

    It said ''This version is not compatible with the one you're running check if it's 32 bit or 64 bit'' something like that '-' what i do !

    Bree said:
    Full instructions in this tutorial. See in particular Option One steps 5 and 6 to make the 64-bit media, even if you are running the Media Creation Tool on a 32-bit system.

    Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 10
    32-bit Windows 7
    Thread Starter
       #9

    I made ISO file is that ok? Still not compatible apparently. Can't even download Windows 10 lol..

    Berton said:
    I'd look at the MCT/Media Creation Tool for downloading one of two possibilities, either create a bootable USB drive [8GB] or the .iso file used a by DVD Burning application to create a bootable disc for installing. Go here and download the tool:
    Download Windows 10
    Then install the tool and run it, follow the prompts to make choices.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 25,304
    10 Home x64 (21H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #10

    Idoneedhelp said:
    It said ''This version is not compatible with the one you're running check if it's 32 bit or 64 bit'' something like that '-' what i do !
    So, did you download the Media Creation Tool and make the 64-bit media and make the ISO or the USB? Did you then try to run Setup to upgrade your existing 32-bit system? That won't work, you can't upgrade 32 to 64 bits.

    As you have 32-bit Windows 7 at present, the easiest way to get a digital License for Windows 10 is to first upgrade the 32-bit Win7 to 32-bit Win10. Check that it is activated in Settings > Update & Security > Activation. If it says activated with a digital license you can now do a clean install of the same edition (Home or Pro) of 64-bit Windows 10.

    You have to wipe the existing 32-bit OS from the drive and do a clean install of 64-bit. The only way to do that is to boot from the 64-bit install media.

    Install the same edition as you have now, Home or Pro. When it asks for a key, click 'I don't have one'. When it offers a choice of 'upgrade now' or 'Custom install' choose the custom install. Here you can delete all existing partitions and install Windows into the unallocated space you create.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums