Windows 10: Original windows 10 disc Solved

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. AS185's Avatar
    Posts : 46
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit, 1803
       16 Mar 2018 #21

    Cerawy, there should be a retailer in your city where you live and buy it there. If not, buy it on Newegg or Amazon :)
    Yeah, I have a DVD also. I'm old school
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    16 Mar 2018 #22

    AS185 said: View Post
    Cerawy, there should be a retailer in your city where you live and buy it there. If not, buy it on Newegg or Amazon :)
    Yeah, I have a DVD also. I'm old school
    I did a look on amazon and found a few dvds, but im not sure if they are original windows 10 dvds. They also seem to contain just one version of windows 10, where as the one i found on ebay contains both versions in both 32 and 64 bit. I'm guessing this is the DVD im looking for, just in english?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    16 Mar 2018 #23

    Cerawy said: View Post
    I did a look on amazon and found a few dvds, but im not sure if they are original windows 10 dvds. They also seem to contain just one version of windows 10, where as the one i found on ebay contains both versions in both 32 and 64 bit. I'm guessing this is the DVD im looking for, just in english?
    I'm also old school and started by using DVD's and they worked fine but it didn't take me long to switch to USB's mainly because they are very convenient since I help quite a few people where I volunteer: and many of those people came in with new computers that did not come with DVD drives.

    With that said though, the DVD from ebay isn't an expensive endeavor and the only way to find if it's worth it's value is to go ahead and purchase it: since that's the one that interests you, go for it.

    But keep in mind, as far as I would imagine, it's not going to keep up to date with each "creators" versions that will be implemented every 6 months or whatever changes Microsoft has in mind for the future of Windows 10.
    --- On including both 32-bit & 64-bit versions, that's a good point but in todays world 64-bit rules: 32-bit can be kept in mind for some of us using 32-bit systems some of their drivers and who knows what else are being phased out to be kept up to date for Windows 10.
    --- I've serviced some computers this year that had been upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 in which their graphics drivers will not update to present day Windows 10 drivers.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4. AS185's Avatar
    Posts : 46
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit, 1803
       16 Mar 2018 #24

    Cerawy said: View Post
    I did a look on amazon and found a few dvds, but im not sure if they are original windows 10 dvds. They also seem to contain just one version of windows 10, where as the one i found on ebay contains both versions in both 32 and 64 bit. I'm guessing this is the DVD im looking for, just in english?
    Yeah, the picture of the DVD you're showing is in Chinese I guess. I have the English version but you can update to other language's later on.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    18 Mar 2018 #25

    AS185 said: View Post
    Yeah, the picture of the DVD you're showing is in Chinese I guess. I have the English version but you can update to other language's later on.
    Did you find an original DVD in english? I couldn't fInd any.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 8,609
    10 Home x64 (1803) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       18 Mar 2018 #26

    Cerawy said: View Post
    Did you find an original DVD in english? I couldn't fInd any.
    As has been said before, anyone can download the ISO from Microsoft and burn it to a DVD. A lot of the DVDs offered for sale, particularly on eBay seem to be just that - someone has made the DVD themselves and is selling it.

    From the adverts for full priced Windows 10 that come with the key and are almost certainly manufactured by Microsoft, only the OEM System Builder version appears to be supplied on DVD these days. The Retail product only seems to be available in the form of a usb stick or (slightly cheaper) as a download.

    Personally, I'd just download the ISO and burn it to DVD myself, or to usb, or both. And keep the ISO so I could make spares.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    19 Mar 2018 #27

    Bree said: View Post
    As has been said before, anyone can download the ISO from Microsoft and burn it to a DVD. A lot of the DVDs offered for sale, particularly on eBay seem to be just that - someone has made the DVD themselves and is selling it.
    I really don't want to go through the hassle of buying a bunch of dvd's, getting a dvd burner, burn them and then put labels on them, I just want one dvd with windows.

    I did a bit more searching and found some original windows 10 dvd's, but they are expensive and they mostly offer the professional version. The first one I found on ebay offers both home and professional and is cheaper, so im most likely going to buy that instead.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8. AS185's Avatar
    Posts : 46
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit, 1803
       19 Mar 2018 #28

    I found on Amazon a full copy of Windows 10 Home edition dvd.
    https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Sof...70_&dpSrc=srch
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    19 Mar 2018 #29

    Cerawy said: View Post
    I really don't want to go through the hassle of buying a bunch of dvd's, getting a dvd burner, burn them and then put labels on them, I just want one dvd with windows.

    I did a bit more searching and found some original windows 10 dvd's, but they are expensive and they mostly offer the professional version. The first one I found on ebay offers both home and professional and is cheaper, so im most likely going to buy that instead.
    On the "getting a dvd burner"; I have 4 Windows 10 computers and they have built-in DVD burners.

    Having that Windows 10 DVD you have in mind, can you please let us know what the original Windows version it installs?
    --- I have Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.xxx).
    As time goes on Windows 10 versions update with "creators" updates, I'm wondering how that DVD will keep up with future versions if you will need it again. It will be nice if it does, but if it doesn't you will have to update from the original setup to the newest setup possibly involved in creating up-to-date Windows 10 install media.
    --- Have a system image backup plan: if it's ever needed you will be kept up to date with the installed version you are working with including your data and very importantly your applications.

    Having said that though, as I said in a prior post, essentially go ahead and purchase the one you want: it isn't an expensive endeavor and it looks like a good choice to find out if it meets your need.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 8,609
    10 Home x64 (1803) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       19 Mar 2018 #30

    Cerawy said: View Post
    I did a bit more searching and found some original windows 10 dvd's, but they are expensive and they mostly offer the professional version....
    ...and, like this one in your search results, says on the disk that it is "Intended for distribution with a new PC" and in the photo of the documentation says "Microsoft OEM System Builder license". The seller dosen't explicitly tell you that, you have to look carefully at the photos.

    AS185 said: View Post
    I found on Amazon a full copy of Windows 10 Home edition dvd.
    https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Sof...70_&dpSrc=srch
    At least that one clearly says "Microsoft Software | Windows 10 Home 64 Bit System Builder OEM | PC Disc" in the title of the page.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Ever since the transition to windows 10 the dvd drive will not recognize,read or view any disc i put in, it says please insert a disc into drive E:. However my brothers laptop can view,recognize and read the disc. How can i fix this
How can I stop this annoying dialog box from opening up every time I insert a blank CD or DVD https://www.dropbox.com/s/dytpeyr847zr8a6/Burnadisc.png?dl=1 Annoyingly, like many Win 10 dialog boxes, it lacks a "Don't ask me this again"...
I recently downgraded my system from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home Single Language. I used the default product key to upgrade from Home to Pro. How do I remove that from my system?
Hello! I recently tried to upgrade a friend's Windows 8.1 notebook to Windows 10. I had a Windows 10 Greek DVD-ROM with me to save time waiting for the update to download. I checked System Properties, it was Windows 8.1 64-bit, everything was in...
Original Windows 10 Theme in Customization
Hey Folks: I recall when the TP builds first appeared, a theme quite close to Windows 8.1 was used (with borderless windows and such). Is that theme still available for use with build 10240? I think that looked the best.
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:06.
Find Us