Windows 10 Build 17112 - Can not select Keep personal files and apps

  1. Win10Newb's Avatar
    Posts : 38
    Windows 10 x64 [Version 17763.55]
       04 Mar 2018 #1

    Windows 10 Build 17112 - Can not select Keep personal files and apps


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	179522

    was trying to update to latest build but it doesnt want me to select to keep personal files and apps?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 38,246
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       04 Mar 2018 #2

    Win10Newb said: View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	179522

    was trying to update to latest build but it doesnt want me to select to keep personal files and apps?
    What are you using to try to update? 17112 is an Insider build, not general public. You specs say you are running 14390, which is 2, about to be 3 versions old.

    I haven't run into this screen for a while, but it looks like you are trying to update to a version that is not compatible with what you are running. Like downgrading to an earlier, or x64 to x86 or vice versa, something along those lines.

    There's only one MS official way you could have gotten 17112, and that is to be part of the Insider Program.

    What are you using to try to install 17112?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 9,585
    10 Home x64 (1809) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       05 Mar 2018 #3

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    ...You specs say you are running 14390, which is 2, about to be 3 versions old...
    The RTM build of 1607 was 14393 so either that's a typo, or its an Insider build from shortly before 1607's public release: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14390 for PC and Mobile

    In general (for RTM or Insider builds) the greyed out 'Keep...' options indicate you are trying to upgrade to a different edition or language than the one currently installed.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 38,246
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       05 Mar 2018 #4

    Bree said: View Post
    The RTM build of 1607 was 14393 so either that's a typo, or its an Insider build from shortly before 1607's public release: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14390 for PC and Mobile

    In general (for RTM or Insider builds) the greyed out 'Keep...' options indicate you are trying to upgrade to a different edition or language than the one currently installed.
    Yes, that's what I was alluding to with "or something like that". It was getting late, didn't quite say it right. But....no response, so............
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
UPDATE 3/6: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 17115 - Mar. 6 Insider - Windows 10 Forums 969664470262759424 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17112 for Fast - Windows Experience Blog
Hey, since i made the mistake to upgrate to Creators i have this issue with the file selection !!! If anyone can help please let me know here we go: W10 PRO 1607 https://i.imgur.com/IhKGwun.jpg W10 PRO 1603
I am thinking to make 3 partition in my pen drive. First one for personal files n folders. Second for bootable Windows installation and third for bootable Macrium Reflect. Am I rightly partitioning. As per my knowledge windows recognize only first...
Keep personal files only in Installation and Upgrade
Hello, Recently i tried downloading windows 10 when 2 options popped up 1. keep personal files only, and 2. is nothing. well i wanna choose the keep personal files only. but i wanna know if it will delete all of my games, ty for the ones who...
What I mean is, if I select to keep my personal files only, will the installed programs be removed completely from my hard drive, or will they be moved to the Windows.Old folder like what happens in Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 ? Because I would...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:40.
Find Us