Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Joined : Nov 2014
    Posts : 16
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
       25 Jul 2015 #1

    Possible link windows10insiderpreview.exe?


    Can someone tell me if this link is legit and actually works or if the upgrade FAILS and does not work (if it does not show up in windows update as available to upgrade to windows 10 after running it failed)

    if you search on google "windows10insiderpreview.exe" without the quotes it will show up as the 4th to last link at 11.83MB in size. (file size is in the link)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,931
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       25 Jul 2015 #2

    realflow100 said: View Post
    Can someone tell me if this link is legit and actually works or if the upgrade FAILS and does not work (if it does not show up in windows update as available to upgrade to windows 10 after running it failed)

    if you search on google "windows10insiderpreview.exe" without the quotes it will show up as the 4th to last link at 11.83MB in size. (file size is in the link)
    I would not use that as it's not from MS.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jan 2014
    Posts : 949
    Windows 8.1, 10
       25 Jul 2015 #3

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    I would not use that as it's not from MS.
    It is the name of the file which MS provided to let you install the Insider Preview for the first time as an in-place upgrade (rather than using an ISO), and it's about the right size (I saved a copy)
    However there's no guarantee it's from MS so I would avoid.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,931
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       25 Jul 2015 #4

    DavidY said: View Post
    It is the name of the file which MS provided to let you install the Insider Preview for the first time as an in-place upgrade (rather than using an ISO), and it's about the right size (I saved a copy)
    However there's no guarantee it's from MS so I would avoid.
    And there's not guarantee that it will still work.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Nov 2014
    Posts : 16
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
       25 Jul 2015 #5

    it appears to be the exact same file with same hash and MD5 checksum is identical

    Only other way to still get it as an upgrade would be to download the iso from microsoft and mount it with an iso mounting program or burn to a CD and try upgrading while windows is running? Would that work?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,931
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       25 Jul 2015 #6

    realflow100 said: View Post
    it appears to be the exact same file with same hash and MD5 checksum is identical

    Only other way to still get it as an upgrade would be to download the iso from microsoft and mount it with an iso mounting program or burn to a CD and try upgrading while windows is running? Would that work?
    You will have to upgrade first before you can get the ISO from MS. There's still time to make sure your PC is eligible and sign up for the upgrade. You should get it on or after the 29th.

    But as I said.. there is no guarantee that the program you mentioned in the OP will still work.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Nov 2014
    Posts : 16
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
       25 Jul 2015 #7

    How do i upgrade if i cant? Im on windows 7 ultimate 64-bit here and i can't click the "get started - PC" option and
    im already signed to the insider program but the "get started - PC" icon is greyed out
    so I CAN'T get it
    Home page - Windows Insider Program
    if you go here and sign in you will see it says that
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,931
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       25 Jul 2015 #8

    realflow100 said: View Post
    How do i upgrade if i cant? Im on windows 7 ultimate 64-bit here and i can't click the "get started - PC" option and
    im already signed to the insider program but the "get started - PC" icon is greyed out
    so I CAN'T get it
    Home page - Windows Insider Program
    if you go here and sign in you will see it says that
    The insider program was closed a while ago. But check this thread to see if you can get windows upgrade for your PC:
    Reserve Free Upgrade to Get Windows 10 in Windows 7 and 8.1 - Windows 10 Forums
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jan 2014
    Posts : 949
    Windows 8.1, 10
       25 Jul 2015 #9

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    The insider program was closed a while ago.
    The insider program is still running, you can still sign up and for instance if you want to test Mobile builds, can still download them.

    It's only download and activation of PC builds which has stopped, and I imagine it will resume sometime after 29th July.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Nov 2014
    Posts : 16
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
       25 Jul 2015 #10

    I dont have a phone. i want it for my pc so thats not going to help me any so will i not get windows 10 upgrade EVER? D:
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
USB Monitor/Display link issue
I have an ASUS MB168B USB 3 monitor, works fine in Windows 8.1 with the ASUS EZlink software. After upgrading to Windows 10 10122 x64 I got Visual C++ debug errors and had to un install it. When I plugged my monitor in for the first time Displaylink...
Drivers and Hardware
Solved Windows 10 insiders link
Windows 10. Would it be advisable to download this or to wait until it shows up in Windows Update?
General Support
Solved Document Link and OneDrive
The documents link in my Start Menu points to OneDrive, as of this moment I have found no way to make it point to my documents. Any idea's? Thanks alan
General Support
link to 10145?
Does anyone have a link to build 10145? I want to go back to that one because i cant download any apps from the store in build 10147 as the beta store will not open for me no matter what I try.
Installation and Setup
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:35.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums