Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Joined : Feb 2014
    Scottsdale, AZ USA, 85254
    Posts : 315
    windows 10
       20 Jun 2015 #1

    install of leaked 10147


    Just as the title states; whats the best way to try and do a clean install of this leaked iso without doing away with my current files, pics, etc that are currently on my hd. Ive tried a few different ways some people have already suggessted to no avail. because i either keep getting error messages or something else keeps happening.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,289
    Win 10 Pro x64
       20 Jun 2015 #2

    Clean install is always destructive. That means you will have to wipe out your hard drive (doing away with all your files) and install a new OS on a newly formatted partition. What you can only do is to upgrade your build.
    Copy the ISO to your desktop, right-click and select "Mount". Then a window will pop-up and double-click "Setup.exe" to upgrade your build.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10147_mount.PNG 
Views:	40 
Size:	167.8 KB 
ID:	22075

    You may want to skip the updates when asked:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10147_update.PNG 
Views:	35 
Size:	194.5 KB 
ID:	22074


    Then 10147 will be installed on your PC without affecting your files.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10147_upgrade.PNG 
Views:	37 
Size:	251.6 KB 
ID:	22073
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Feb 2014
    Scottsdale, AZ USA, 85254
    Posts : 315
    windows 10
       20 Jun 2015 #3

    Well i just tried copying it to the desktop and then right clicked on it and there is no mount command listed. I think bunny told me to download the 10147 from a torrent site which i did but then i could not get it to give me the setup file for 10147. Who can tell me where to go from here? I believe what i do need also is a link to a functioning and working version of 10147 to download and try and install and i would appreciate if someone could provide me with a link to such.
    Last edited by Matt Siegel; 20 Jun 2015 at 23:29.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4.    21 Jun 2015 #4

    Hi there

    First BACKUP your previous OS )take an image) so if you want to restore -- then it will only take about 15 mins to recover your previous OS.

    Now to CLEAN INSTALL the ISO you'll need to boot it from an external device -- My advice here would be to use RUFUS to create a bootable USB stick from the ISO - boot it and then install.

    https://rufus.akeo.ie/

    For build 10147 my advice would be to go for a CLEAN install rather than an upgrade.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,289
    Win 10 Pro x64
       21 Jun 2015 #5

    Matt Siegel said: View Post
    Well i just tried copying it to the desktop and then right clicked on it and there is no mount command listed. I think bunny told me to download the 10147 from a torrent site which i did but then i could not get it to give me the setup file for 10147. Who can tell me where to go from here? I believe what i do need also is a link to a functioning and working version of 10147 to download and try and install and i would appreciate if someone could provide me with a link to such.

    Is it an ISO image file?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,289
    Win 10 Pro x64
       21 Jun 2015 #6

    jimbo45 said: View Post
    Hi there

    First BACKUP your previous OS )take an image) so if you want to restore -- then it will only take about 15 mins to recover your previous OS.

    Now to CLEAN INSTALL the ISO you'll need to boot it from an external device -- My advice here would be to use RUFUS to create a bootable USB stick from the ISO - boot it and then install.

    https://rufus.akeo.ie/

    For build 10147 my advice would be to go for a CLEAN install rather than an upgrade.

    Cheers
    jimbo

    The OP wants to keep his files. The only option is to do an upgrade. But very good point about making a backup.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,289
    Win 10 Pro x64
       21 Jun 2015 #7

    @Matt Siegel , it's probably an issue with file association with your Windows Explorer. Try this:



    To reestablish native ISO support:



    1) Right-click any ISO file and under the "Open with" option select Windows Explorer.



    2) If it doesn't show up on the drop down list, click on "Choose the default program" and look for Windows Explorer (default path is C:\Windows\explorer.exe).



    3) Apply the changes and native ISO mounting should be back.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 8
    windows 10 ent
       21 Jun 2015 #8

    badrobot said: View Post
    Clean install is always destructive. That means you will have to wipe out your hard drive (doing away with all your files) and install a new OS on a newly formatted partition. What you can only do is to upgrade your build.
    Copy the ISO to your desktop, right-click and select "Mount". Then a window will pop-up and double-click "Setup.exe" to upgrade your build.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10147_mount.PNG 
Views:	40 
Size:	167.8 KB 
ID:	22075

    You may want to skip the updates when asked:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10147_update.PNG 
Views:	35 
Size:	194.5 KB 
ID:	22074


    Then 10147 will be installed on your PC without affecting your files.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10147_upgrade.PNG 
Views:	37 
Size:	251.6 KB 
ID:	22073
    can i use that method to install a second copy of win 10--ie install to a different partition for dual boot
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,939
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       21 Jun 2015 #9

    Matt Siegel said: View Post
    Just as the title states; whats the best way to try and do a clean install of this leaked iso without doing away with my current files, pics, etc that are currently on my hd. Ive tried a few different ways some people have already suggessted to no avail. because i either keep getting error messages or something else keeps happening.
    Check you PM..
    Jeff
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Feb 2014
    Scottsdale, AZ USA, 85254
    Posts : 315
    windows 10
       21 Jun 2015 #10

    Well i tried to re-establish iso mounting but it said "cannot associate file type with this program". And i tried to download the iso from the 2 links but the first one said its unavailable and the google link said too many people have accessed the file and to try again later.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 10 Build 10147 x64 ISO has leaked
Just leaked about a half hour ago, apparently. Links are pretty scarce at the moment. It's from the fbl_impressive lab, so I'm wondering if it's going to be the next public build. ...
Windows 10 News
Solved 10147 to 10158 Rufus 2.2 Fresh install
Create a bootable flash drive using Rufus 2.2. Download 10158 Pro x64 under 10147 using µTorrent free trial. Having problems to register... Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview build 10158 product key: 8N67H-M3CY9-QT7C4-2TR7M-TXYCV
Installation and Setup
New Build after 10147 ?
I understood there was to be a new build after 10147 to be available 6/23. It may be scuttlebutt. Is anyone aware of such. I have a few issues with Cortana I would be curious to see if they remain or not.
Windows Insider
current leaked build 9901 will not install on vmware
Hi there I think people who want to try the leaked build 9901 on a VM will be disappointed -- attempting to install from the ISO on either WKS 10.0.4 or WKS 11 causes message at boot --error in virtual CPU caused the VM to fail. (VMware...
Virtualization
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:11.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums