Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

  1. Joined : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 19,919
    Windows10Pro 64Bit on 2 DeskTop Computers
       3 Weeks Ago #11

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Of course. Because you have it set, as I explained.
    Yup I know you knew how, was just explaining it a little more for the new users, that maybe didn't know.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Nov 2016
    Posts : 12
    Windows 10 Pro
       3 Weeks Ago #12

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Can't tell for sure, but when he said "saved" to USB stick, he may have chosen the MCT option to create an install USB thumb. Can't tell....don't know how he downloaded it, what method. Just a guess. That would explain the lack of "Mount" as an option.
    I did save the .iso file on the USB stick and tried to mount it. Did not work (although the "mount" command was available).

    After I copied the .iso file to the hard disk (data partition), I was able to mount it (using the windows explorer context menu mount command) and then ran the setup.exe as administrator.

    Unfortunately with the identical result as with my original tries using the USB stick with the installation package on it create as explained for creating a installation USB stick.

    I still get the same error message without any specific or helpful details:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	notEnoughDiskSpaceError_Win10Upgrade.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	150.3 KB 
ID:	110372

    Any further ideas, or do I have to do a full installation with reinstalling of all Apps :-(
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 16,466
    Triple Boot 10 Pro & 10 Insider Pro & 8.1 Pro
       3 Weeks Ago #13

    markrosa said: View Post
    I did save the .iso file on the USB stick and tried to mount it. Did not work (although the "mount" command was available).

    After I copied the .iso file to the hard disk (data partition), I was able to mount it (using the windows explorer context menu mount command) and then ran the setup.exe as administrator.

    Unfortunately with the identical result as with my original tries using the USB stick with the installation package on it create as explained for creating a installation USB stick.

    I still get the same error message without any specific or helpful details:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	notEnoughDiskSpaceError_Win10Upgrade.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	150.3 KB 
ID:	110372

    Any further ideas, or do I have to do a full installation with reinstalling of all Apps :-(
    How, specifically, did you download the ISO? What link?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 16,466
    Triple Boot 10 Pro & 10 Insider Pro & 8.1 Pro
       3 Weeks Ago #14

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    Yup I know you knew how, was just explaining it a little more for the new users, that maybe didn't know.
    Ok.....don't see any additional explanation, but ok, maybe I missed it........
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Nov 2016
    Posts : 12
    Windows 10 Pro
       3 Weeks Ago #15

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    How, specifically, did you download the ISO? What link?
    The one that was specified further up.

    I downloaded the 64bit version of Windows 10 (not the N or the single language version) in German.

    Since I have the same problem with the ISO version as with the previously downloaded USB installation (using the installation disk creation tool by Microsoft), I do not think it is related to the installer or the installer medium...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 16,466
    Triple Boot 10 Pro & 10 Insider Pro & 8.1 Pro
       3 Weeks Ago #16

    markrosa said: View Post
    The one that was specified further up.

    I downloaded the 64bit version of Windows 10 (not the N or the single language version) in German.

    Since I have the same problem with the ISO version as with the previously downloaded USB installation (using the installation disk creation tool by Microsoft), I do not think it is related to the installer or the installer medium...
    Which of your partitions do you have the ISO physically on? The C: partition (your OS) or the other Data Partition?

    EDIT: @markrosa ... reason I'm asking is the space. If you have the ISO on that other data partition, it may be a problem. That partition is at 91% full. Only 9% available. The process requires temporary file space to "do it's thing". 9% is not much and MS may be balking at it being less than 10% available. This is not to be confused with the Windows.old folder that will be created on your C: drive. If the process wants to create it's temp working files on the same partition it was executed from, it may not see enough room to do that, and give you that error message. This is only a S.W.A.G. on my part, but you could try moving that ISO to the C: partition, where's there's plenty of room, and trying again. Only a guess at this point.......
    Last edited by f14tomcat; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:58.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Nov 2016
    Posts : 12
    Windows 10 Pro
       3 Weeks Ago #17

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Which of your partitions do you have the ISO physically on? The C: partition (your OS) or the other Data Partition?

    EDIT: @markrosa ... reason I'm asking is the space. If you have the ISO on that other data partition, it may be a problem. That partition is at 91% full. Only 9% available. The process requires temporary file space to "do it's thing". 9% is not much and MS may be balking at it being less than 10% available. This is not to be confused with the Windows.old folder that will be created on your C: drive. If the process wants to create it's temp working files on the same partition it was executed from, it may not see enough room to do that, and give you that error message. This is only a S.W.A.G. on my part, but you could try moving that ISO to the C: partition, where's there's plenty of room, and trying again. Only a guess at this point.......
    The .iso is on the P: partition (sorry, just wanted to make it simpler by naming it D for data in my comment; I failed in that attempt ;-)) which has plenty of space as well (30 GB free on a 48 GB partition; and that is 30 GB free with the .iso already on it). So I doubt, that this could be the reason. But nevertheless, I will try it from the C: partition as well later on...


    EDIT: Just tried it. Same result even when .iso is on C: partition and mounted from there...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 16,466
    Triple Boot 10 Pro & 10 Insider Pro & 8.1 Pro
       3 Weeks Ago #18

    @markrosa

    Your specs say you are running win 10 pro on a surface pro 3. I also am running win 10 pro on a surface pro 3. I am on build 14393.447. What is your build number? WIN KEY + R, enter WINVER.

    Your MiniTool partition display is far different than mine. I'm at a loss to explain that. The position of the partitions and the size of your Recovery Partition does not make sense to me. Maybe to someone else.

    Here is your Minitool & mine.....

    Yours:


    Mine:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-11-17_15h12_46.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	874.5 KB 
ID:	110417

    I'm running UEFI, it appears you are not. This is a little out of my league, but that 360MB recovery may need to be 450MB and windows has no room to expand it.

    I'm gonna ask for some input on this one, @essenbe. It just doesn't look right.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 16,466
    Triple Boot 10 Pro & 10 Insider Pro & 8.1 Pro
       3 Weeks Ago #19

    @Brink - Shawn, you can move this whole thing somewhere else if you want. Wasn't my intention to clutter the tut.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 6,493
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint
       3 Weeks Ago #20

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    @markrosa

    Your specs say you are running win 10 pro on a surface pro 3. I also am running win 10 pro on a surface pro 3. I am on build 14393.447. What is your build number? WIN KEY + R, enter WINVER.

    Your MiniTool partition display is far different than mine. I'm at a loss to explain that. The position of the partitions and the size of your Recovery Partition does not make sense to me. Maybe to someone else.

    Here is your Minitool & mine.....

    Yours:


    Mine:
    I'm running UEFI, it appears you are not. This is a little out of my league, but that 360MB recovery may need to be 450MB and windows has no room to expand it.

    I'm gonna ask for some input on this one, @essenbe. It just doesn't look right.
    @f14tomcat, it doesn't look right to me either. He can't be running an MBR install on a GPT disk, I don't believe. The sizes of the partitions are wrong, it seems and he looks to be missing the 16MB partition. I am not sure what is on Partition 1 either. If it is a recovery partition, he has 2 of them, which isn't uncommon, as you know. The first partition reads Windows RE tools, which may be a partition he created. I have never see that partition on an install.
    In the FWIW dept, here is mine.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	z.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	246.4 KB 
ID:	110420
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Windows 10 to "10.1" update FAILS... no message... no clue
I finally managed to get my laptop running on Windows 10. All was fine, running build 10240 (RTM, Threshold 1). But then the Windows Upgrade assistant informed me that I'm on an outdated version of Windows 10 and that I should update. Apparently...
Installation and Setup
"Windows detected a hard disk problem" error message
I just began getting this error yesterday. :cry: What is the likelihood that another issue besides a failing hard drive is causing error? Secondly, I've already purchased a new hard drive as a precaution. What is the fastest/easiest way to...
Drivers and Hardware
gwx upgrade struck on "check your PC" and media tool upgrade fails.
I'm trying to upgrade my old laptop to windows 10. Its currently running Windows 8.1 pro x64. Resources are no problem, its a core2 duo, 8 GB RAM, discreet ATI video card and plenty of space on 1TB hard drive. Upgrade using windows update...
Installation and Setup
Can i get back "Favorites" in place of "Quick access"? And updates..
I couldn't find such tweak.. This is a major issue to me. I need the "Favorites" pane back where i can drop whatever i want. I use that daily! I can't stay on 10 without it. Also, about updates, i saw there are tweaks to stop forced updates but then...
General Support
Solved Upgrade fails @ 33% - "Something Happended"
Trying to upgrade from Win 7 Ultimate. For some reason windows update just says "reserved" so I forced the upgrade with the tool: - Windows 10 Tried the standard upgrade = failed - something happened @ 33% Tried running the ISO = failed...
Installation and Setup
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:33.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums