1. Joined : Mar 2015
    Posts : 85
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       28 May 2015 #1

    Sysprep fails fatally Windows 10 10122


    I've tried to go into AUDIT mode to change the User profiles over to a different HDD on 10122. I get a fatal sysprep error. All i've used is an answer file with User profiles set to I:\Users
    Program Data is not moved, copyprofile not set. Only other thing is pass 3 generalise has Persistalldeviceinstalls = true. But the answer file isn't the issue because i've tried running sysprep with just the /audit /quit flags and it still fails. Any ideas?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jan 2014
    Posts : 951
    Windows 8.1, 10
       28 May 2015 #2

    Maltesespace said: View Post
    I've tried to go into AUDIT mode to change the User profiles over to a different HDD on 10122. I get a fatal sysprep error. All i've used is an answer file with User profiles set to I:\Users
    Program Data is not moved, copyprofile not set. Only other thing is pass 3 generalise has Persistalldeviceinstalls = true. But the answer file isn't the issue because i've tried running sysprep with just the /audit /quit flags and it still fails. Any ideas?
    I don't know I'm afraid - I get the fatal error when I try it, with or without answer file. Except one time when it worked (with no answer file). I don't know what was different between the time when it worked and the times when it didn't.

    All I'm going to do is report in the Feedback app and hope the next build is better, but others may know more.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Oct 2013
    A Finnish ex-pat in Germany
    Posts : 9,509
    Windows 10 Pro
       28 May 2015 #3

    Maltesespace said: View Post
    I've tried to go into AUDIT mode to change the User profiles over to a different HDD on 10122. I get a fatal sysprep error. All i've used is an answer file with User profiles set to I:\Users.

    Program Data is not moved, copyprofile not set. Only other thing is pass 3 generalise has Persistalldeviceinstalls = true. But the answer file isn't the issue because i've tried running sysprep with just the /audit /quit flags and it still fails. Any ideas?
    I have had no issues in using Sysprep in Build 10122, apart the fact that CopyProfile does not work and when set to true causes an endless reboot loop when booted to OOBE.

    The /generalize switch is not needed if the only things the answer file does is to move the Users folder and / or add OEM information. Because /generalize is not needed, the PersistAllDeviceInstalls is also not needed and is completely unnecessary.

    This is in all its simplicity the answer file I have now used in multiple installs on both physical and virtual installs to relocate the Users folder, it has worked without an issue every time:

    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend">
       <settings pass="oobeSystem">
            <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
                <FolderLocations>
                    <ProfilesDirectory>E:\Users</ProfilesDirectory>
                </FolderLocations>
            </component>
        </settings>
        <cpi:offlineImage cpi:source="wim:X:\Sources\install.wim#Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview" xmlns:cpi="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:cpi" />
    </unattend>
    Notice that you should install Windows without a network connection, connecting network only when booted to Audit Mode.



    Kari
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Mar 2015
    Posts : 85
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       29 May 2015 #4

    Kari said: View Post
    I have had no issues in using Sysprep in Build 10122, apart the fact that CopyProfile does not work and when set to true causes an endless reboot loop when booted to OOBE.

    The /generalize switch is not needed if the only things the answer file does is to move the Users folder and / or add OEM information. Because /generalize is not needed, the PersistAllDeviceInstalls is also not needed and is completely unnecessary.

    This is in all its simplicity the answer file I have now used in multiple installs on both physical and virtual installs to relocate the Users folder, it has worked without an issue every time:

    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend">
       <settings pass="oobeSystem">
            <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
                <FolderLocations>
                    <ProfilesDirectory>E:\Users</ProfilesDirectory>
                </FolderLocations>
            </component>
        </settings>
        <cpi:offlineImage cpi:source="wim:X:\Sources\install.wim#Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview" xmlns:cpi="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:cpi" />
    </unattend>
    Notice that you should install Windows without a network connection, connecting network only when booted to Audit Mode.



    Kari
    Thats the issue then. I installed with Ethernet connected. I will try without it later, and use your answer file there... (I just copy and paste into Notepad and save as MyAnswerFile.xml, right?) Thanks
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 10 Image - Customize in Audit Mode with Sysprep
First a quote from Microsoft TechNet: Understanding Audit Mode: The Audit Mode, although originally intended to be used in corporate environment in preparing Windows images for deployment (a fancy geek word ;), installing same image on multiple...
Tutorials
Solved Windows 10 Updates fails to install even after multiple attempts.
I have Windows 10 10240 RTM x64 Bit version running on my system, (Now running 32 bit version.) The issue is that windows 10 Updates fails to install. 26066 34341 sfc /scannow and those things never worked for me in any windows...
Windows Updates and Activation
Sysprep fails - Windows 10 build 10162
Hello Guys I'm trying to sysprep a Windows 10 Enterprise build 10162 so that i can capture, but i'm getting some errors and hope you guys have some sort of solution. I've tried removing The upgrade key in HKLM system, but that didn't help. ...
Installation and Setup
SYSPREP issues
Hi, I am wondering if anyone is experiencing the same issues i am, after (apparently successfully) SYSPREPping a Windows 10 (clean) installation, and restarting it? BTW: i have used a very simple autoanswer file: <?xml version="1.0"...
Installation and Setup
windows 10 TP installation fails
Hi I decided to get windows 10 TP. It went all right for a bit. But then I went out for a few hours and when i came back it was off! I switched it on and it said... Broadcom UNDI PXE-2.1 v12.2.5 Copyright Broadcom Copyright Intel All rights...
Installation and Setup
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:59.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums