1. Joined : Apr 2016
    Posts : 73
    windows 10
       21 Aug 2016 #1

    Cannot install windows 10


    Hello, i have an IBM Thinkcentre desktop pc core 2 duo 1.86Ghz running on windows 7 ultimate. I have windows 10 cd and when i boot from cd to install windows 10, it is just stuck at the circle going round and doesnt go beyond that. But when i logon and boot on windows 7 i can install windows 10 successfully by double clicking on dvd drive that has windows 10 CD....help
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 393
    10 pro 64 clean install
       21 Aug 2016 #2

    Maybe the download was corrupted or maybe a bad disk . Try downloading windows 10 again with the correct version and use a new disk, give that a go . Also, did your IBM Thinkcentre desktop ever had windows 10 installed and activated, if not ? The free upgrade is over. If it had 10 activated already then give what I said redownloading a new 10 iso
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Apr 2016
    Posts : 73
    windows 10
       21 Aug 2016 #3

    sn00ker said: View Post
    Maybe the download was corrupted or maybe a bad disk . Try downloading windows 10 again with the correct version and use a new disk, give that a go . Also, did your IBM Thinkcentre desktop ever had windows 10 installed and activated, if not ? The free upgrade is over. If it had 10 activated already then give what I said redownloading a new 10 iso
    There is nothing wrong with the hard disc since it has Windows 7 installed on it. Also, I tried 3 different ISO same problem. And my pc never had 10 installed on it. Do u think my motherboard doesn't support 10? Strangely I can install 10 through DVD rom when I'm running Windows 7
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 393
    10 pro 64 clean install
       21 Aug 2016 #4

    lakshi said: View Post
    There is nothing wrong with the hard disc since it has Windows 7 installed on it. Also, I tried 3 different ISO same problem. And my pc never had 10 installed on it. Do u think my motherboard doesn't support 10? Strangely I can install 10 through DVD rom when I'm running Windows 7
    I don't know whether your board does or doesn't support 10, but what I do know if your system never had windows 10 prior to July 29/16 deadline you wouldn't be able to get the free upgrade . What you need to ask is do you want to buy windows 10 now ? And why would you want to install 10 on an old computer? Windows 10 requirements

    Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster.
    RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
    Free hard disk space: 16 GB.
    Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver.
    A Microsoft account and Internet access.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Apr 2016
    Posts : 73
    windows 10
       21 Aug 2016 #5

    sn00ker said: View Post
    I don't know whether your board does or doesn't support 10, but what I do know if your system never had windows 10 prior to July 29/16 deadline you wouldn't be able to get the free upgrade . What you need to ask is do you want to buy windows 10 now ? And why would you want to install 10 on an old computer? Windows 10 requirements

    Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster.
    RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
    Free hard disk space: 16 GB.that
    Graphics card: Microsoft DirectXat 9 graphics device with WDDM driver.
    A Microsoft account and Internet access.

    I read somewhere that I can solve this problem by Turned off fast startup
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Mar 2015
    New Mexico
    Posts : 994
    Windows 10 Pro,
       21 Aug 2016 #6

    lakshi said: View Post
    I read somewhere that I can solve this problem by Turned off fast startup


    Which problem can you solve by turning off Fast Startup?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Apr 2016
    Posts : 73
    windows 10
       21 Aug 2016 #7

    Rocky said: View Post
    Which problem can you solve by turning off Fast Startup?
    I meant I can install Windows 10 by turning off Fast Startup
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Mar 2015
    New Mexico
    Posts : 994
    Windows 10 Pro,
       22 Aug 2016 #8

    lakshi said: View Post
    I meant I can install Windows 10 by turning off Fast Startup


    In addition you will also need a copy of Windows 10 on an installation medium such as a DVD or a USB stick.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Oct 2013
    Penns Forrest
    Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       22 Aug 2016 #9

    lakshi said: View Post
    Hello, i have an IBM Thinkcentre desktop pc core 2 duo 1.86Ghz running on windows 7 ultimate. I have windows 10 cd and when i boot from cd to install windows 10, it is just stuck at the circle going round and doesnt go beyond that. But when i logon and boot on windows 7 i can install windows 10 successfully by double clicking on dvd drive that has windows 10 CD....help
    Please update the Systems Specs in your forum profile with complete information.

    • In the System Manufacturer/Model Number field, manually type Desktop or Laptop adding it to the information already in the field. The specific model number is important - there are often many models of a given series.
      For example, my machine is a HP Pavilion dv6, but there are tens of the dv6 series, so dv6-6c10us is the specific model.

    • Specify Custom Build as the manufacturer if it is not an OEM machine.

    The easiest way to do this is to use the information from a PUBLISHED Speccy report.
    See: Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs

    Post the link to the report that Speccy gives you and also open the Speccy link.
    Then click here to view your System Specs on this forum.

    When you have both windows open, put them side-by-side and simply copy the information, field by field, from the Speccy report to your System Specs.

    To see what information other members provide in their System Specs, click on My System Specs in the lower left of any post by any member.

    Thanks
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 10 install oobe loop after fresh install
I'm unable to get windows to install properly properly and have spent the around 20 hours in total trying to troubleshoot it the last 2 days. It started with a failed overclock attempt, and reseting uefi to default settings. When I booted up...
Installation and Setup
Net 3.5 unable to install even after fresh install Windows 10
Using the DISM, restorehealth, etc.. all do not seems to work. Advise. Spend 3 days doing it... even reformatting and reinstall OS.
Software and Apps
Solved Windows 10 clean install - hard drive doesn't show up before install
Hi I have looked through solutions for this issue, but the suggestions don't seem to fix my issue... I am running Windows 7 SP1 Pro 64-bit on a Dell Optiplex 760, and try to do a clean install of Windows 10, using the ISO file which I downloaded...
Installation and Setup
Windows 10 Bad Install/Problems after install/ Black screen issue
Whenever I log on, I get a black screen with a cursor. I can access my files and go online through task manager but my desktop doesn't load up. This has led me to believe that maybe that part of the install went bad and those files were never made...
General Support
Windows 10 install freezes on driver install
I have searched all over google trying to resolve this issue and cant seem to find an answer. I have tried twice to install windows 10 using the auto update. Both times it gets to the screen where it loads files, drivers, etc. It downloads the files...
Installation and Setup
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:24.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums